Do Not Eat Chia Seeds!!!

Options

Replies

• Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Post on the forums with a thread that's obviously a joke and someone happens to not get that means you are DESPERATE FOR ATTENTION.

"Why did the blind blonde cross the road?"
    "She was following her chicken."

I AM DESPERATE FOR ATTENTION.

"Why did the idiot drink herbicide?
    To kill their internal herb garden, that resulted from the ingestion of Chia seeds!"
  • Quasita
    Options
    Well it is common advice on mfp not to eat things one cannot pronounce. I have never heard anyone say "chia" so as long as no one tells me how to pronounce it you can bet I'll be staying away from these seeds of evil.

Now, I'm off to make a sandwich. Catcha later :)

NOOOO turn away from the sandwich!!!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Post on the forums with a thread that's obviously a joke and someone happens to not get that means you are DESPERATE FOR ATTENTION.

Obviously.

You would almost think this was some sort of forum for games or chit chat! The nerve
  • Quasita
    Options

Obviously.

You would almost think this was some sort of forum for games or chit chat! The nerve

You'd also think that just because a person put something in quotations, it must be a direct quote from somewhere..

WHAT NERVE!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine how seriously desperate for attention someone would have to be to resort to fake satire-iffic scaremongering just to get a reaction out of people.

About as bored as the one who takes the time to read and respond to it. You need to spend some time in the dreamatorium. Your imagination is underperforming.

No, bored is one thing: desperate for attention is another.

He was, indeed, saying YOU were bored... and then you said you're desperate for attention... Interesting turn of thread.

I disagree. I am bored: you seem desperate for attention. I'm sorry I even wasted time on this thread. It's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I don't dig trolls who deliberately bait and taunt people. Hope you enjoy everyone else's responses. I'm out..

This person is obviously on the chia

:laugh:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I cannot imagine how seriously desperate for attention someone would have to be to resort to fake satire-iffic scaremongering just to get a reaction out of people.

About as bored as the one who takes the time to read and respond to it. You need to spend some time in the dreamatorium. Your imagination is underperforming.

He was, indeed, saying YOU were bored... and then you said you're desperate for attention... Interesting turn of thread.

I disagree. I am bored: you seem desperate for attention. I'm sorry I even wasted time on this thread. It's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I don't dig trolls who deliberately bait and taunt people. Hope you enjoy everyone else's responses. I'm out..

With that attitude, I'd say she's probably going through chia-withdrawals.
  • Quasita
    Options

She should probably call 1-888-IH8-CHIA
  • ladyzerlina
    Options
    Wow...I wonder if it counts as a chia pet if it's growing in your stomach...
  • Quasita
    Options
    Wow...I wonder if it counts as a chia pet if it's growing in your stomach...

Well, you could still rub your belly and pet it... so yes? Sounds very pet like to me.

But DO NOT DO IT!!! Your breath will smell like herbs and spices forever!
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm only interested, if OP, posts the FDA links, or other reliable sources.

OP, would you be willing to provide ?
    thanks
  • Quasita
    Options

thanks

It's a conspiracy of secrecy! I got this from internal sources.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

QFT!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

thanks

Food & Derp Administration?
  • Quasita
    Options

thanks

Anonymous Gastronomist... It's a little known food activism underground newspaper... They don't post online cuz the stuff is so secretive, you can only get it if you know the right people. I just thought this was good enough to type out.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

thanks

ixnay on the erpday
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The sandwich thread was funny.
  • Quasita
    Options

thanks

ixnay on the erpday

http://anonymousgastronomist.blogspot.com/2013/10/warning-chia-seeds-may-be-harmful-to.html

I guess they thought it was really important too!
  • Quasita
    Options

I have quite enjoyed this myself, but I'm biased.
  • ldrosophila
    Options

I have quite enjoyed this myself, but I'm biased.

awe both have their own little special spot. I enjoyed this thread at all the indignant people complaining that something as precious as their chia seeds could be made into a farce. The sandwich thread was good because anything talking about the evils of sandwiches is good.
  • Quasita
    Options
    Since all the hate has died down... I just wanted to come out and say that this was 100% satire. I love Chia seeds, and eat them whenever I can. If you know about them, you'll also know that I incorporated many of the benefits of Chia in my original post. So calm calm calm yourselves... It'll be all right ;)