EVERYONE IS NOT HAPPY FOR ME

Options
1234568»

Replies

• pinkncrazee
    pinkncrazee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok. Honest opinion here.

You look beautiful before AND after. Like I think you're a super beautiful lady - and I commend you on a job well done!!

But honestly, one of my personal pet peeves is when people (in weight loss ads, TV, MFP, anywhere) have a before photo where they are clearly not looking their absolute best. No makeup, maybe not the cutest hairstyle or outfit they own...stuff like that...and then the after photo is of them at their best, with perfect hair/makeup and so on.

I do understand that for a lot of people it just has more impact that way. That is why advertisers tend to go that route. And I get it that sometimes if a person has gained a lot of weight they may not be at their best mentally/emotionally and therefore dress less carefully etc. Then when they lose weight and confidence builds, some people are more likely to take more pride in their style and their appearance in general.

BUT...I love it when people show before/after that has them the "same way" heavier & thinner. Whether natural and casual, or dolled up. To me personally it just has more impact that way and the change seems even more obvious.

She probably wasn't dolled up, because she didn't feel like a doll! Good on you girl, and I definitely see a big difference!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    A lot of people respond poorly to obvious fishing for compliments.

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Fishing for compliments or proud of her achievement? I feel it's the latter.
  • marilynx
    marilynx Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    A lot of people respond poorly to obvious fishing for compliments.

Congratulations on your weight loss.
    wow that was really rude.....but to address your ignorance (lack of knowledge) I only showed her the pictures to encourage her as she is looking to lose weight as well...I dont need anyone to tell me anything because my measurements and the numbers on my scale are going in the right direction.

That explains the hater attitude. She wants to lose weight but is having a hard time with it. Some people just don't like seeing other people's successes. If I were you I'd keep your distance from this coworker when it comes to the topic of weight loss. She knows you're losing weight (and it shows). You don't have to encourage her, especially if she's going to be rude about it. Let her come to you when she's ready.
  • meech2sandy
    Options
    You are Beautiful, and I can definitely tell the difference. Your friend has some jealousy issues.
  • shabrick00
    shabrick00 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You are Beautiful, and I can definitely tell the difference. Your friend has some jealousy issues.

Thank You!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Ok. Honest opinion here.

You look beautiful before AND after. Like I think you're a super beautiful lady - and I commend you on a job well done!!

But honestly, one of my personal pet peeves is when people (in weight loss ads, TV, MFP, anywhere) have a before photo where they are clearly not looking their absolute best. No makeup, maybe not the cutest hairstyle or outfit they own...stuff like that...and then the after photo is of them at their best, with perfect hair/makeup and so on.

I do understand that for a lot of people it just has more impact that way. That is why advertisers tend to go that route. And I get it that sometimes if a person has gained a lot of weight they may not be at their best mentally/emotionally and therefore dress less carefully etc. Then when they lose weight and confidence builds, some people are more likely to take more pride in their style and their appearance in general.

BUT...I love it when people show before/after that has them the "same way" heavier & thinner. Whether natural and casual, or dolled up. To me personally it just has more impact that way and the change seems even more obvious.

She probably wasn't dolled up, because she didn't feel like a doll! Good on you girl, and I definitely see a big difference!

Yep remember that day, in the post you JUST QUOTED, where I explained that people often don't take "dolled up" photos before because they aren't feeling as confident?

Yeah that was a nice day.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I really loathe when people cry "jealousy" lol

Maybe she doesn't care that you lost 7lbs? MAYBE it's uninteresting? MAYBE? Perhaps? Could it be?
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Everybody isn't a "hater". I think this co-worker might be getting needlessly villainized in this thread just because she might not see what you want her to.

Angle and lighting is everything with photography. I'm a man, and not one who wears makeup, and I've taken selfies 40-50 lbs ago that made my fat *kitten* face look similar to how it legit does today. I could easily see how the before and after pics posted in the OP could be taken the same day, but one look significantly slimmer than the other. It's NOT difficult to hide a double chin and rolly neck if you shoot from the angle you did in the after, particularly since you have a more flattering look and could be sticking out your neck.

Obviously you know that the size differences are attributed to real weight loss, but it's not unfathomable that somebody else might think they look similar, just with a shift in angle, lighting, makeup, etc.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!