Does "Hot Mom" Need to Apologize?

Options

Replies

• Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Definitely not! She is in fact an inspiration for me!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I think it's fat shaming, personally. I agree with the person above who said that it's not necessarily an excuse, but a different priority for a lot of people... And IMO it's not her place to label people's priorities as 'excuses'. And looking like she does really is not necessary to be healthy (and probably impossible for a lot of women).. so I think it's a bit uncalled for.

For what it's worth, I found her apology even worse, lol.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    What excuses do we continue to make?

Personally my excuse for not having three kids is that I don't want kids. Can't be doing with the whole passive aggressive breeder thing...

:)
    *snort*
  • nicoleren
    Options
    No she does not need to apologize. She looks amazing and is trying to inspire others to do the same.
  • webbeyes
    webbeyes Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My wife dropped her weight very quickly after having twins - and looked awesome pretty quickly. So much so, I actually saw two neighbourhood women with identical-aged babies (but different bodies) gawk and then say "did you see that bi*ch" when they thought we were out of earshot.

Every person has a different body to start. Every woman takes different "care" of themselves while pregnant - and for many reasons. Every woman then works off the baby weight differently.

The pic is of a woman with the right combination of metabolism, motivation, and time ... not every woman needs to look like that, nor is it possible for every woman to ever look like that.

Fat-shaming? No.
  • GnosisGnosis
    Options
    Yes, she needs to apologize for not having babies with me.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Nope. Good for her.
  • coffeepleese
    coffeepleese Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! Much respect for this gal and all she has achieved.
    Just yesterday at work one of the girls finally said it out loud... She pretty much said I was a "B for being (skinny) having lost my 60 lbs. I worked MY *kitten* off. I am NOT a supermodel. I'm soo average it's sickening. Just a mom who sat for too long.
    I'm not sorry for anything but them. They are in a big hurry and cannot see the big picture yet. I hope, for their sake, someday they will or at least be happy with who they are.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    the only ones that seem to be judging are the ones that refuse to get off the freaking couch. No apology needed.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    the only ones that seem to be judging are the ones that refuse to get off the freaking couch. No apology needed.
    This. And those peoples fury can be cured with a tub of Haagen-Dazs
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    ABsolutely not...

Honestly, I applaud "Hot Mom" and Kate Middleton. I also applaud my sister who took 3 years to get back in shape after having my nephew, and then having twins within 22 months.

Nothing wrong with being proud of one's accomplishments.

For the record, I read success stories every saturday morning on this site to get motivated to plan healthy eating before I go grocery shopping. I like the "What's your excuse" line... I have no excuse not to exercise or eat healthy. Thanks Hot Mom , wherever you are!
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yes, she needs to apologize for not having babies with me.

this made me lol
  • peachcats
    Options
    no

Just a bunch of jealous people with excuses who are upset that someone else did better than them.
  • mrspinky85
    mrspinky85 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think this is awesome she was able to do what she did. I know that I have weight to lose and my journey is for me. People complain about other people no matter what they do. If she was fat, people would say something and if she was skinny people would say something. You cannot live your life worrying about other people. Go head girl and do you!

I am still a big girl but I am not going to hate on all you ladies that look great out there. Y'all are just further along on this journey than me. No biggies. I have been bullied as a kid and have heard hurtful things as a big person. So I know what "fat shamming" is and this is not it. I like this picture because it shows me you don't have to be big after kids. I know it is taking me long because I am just learning the right way to diet and exercise.

Ladies there are enough ways in society today that we put each other down and we instead need to be building each other up. This mom does not have to apologize and in fact I believe those people should apologize to her. From a big momma to you girl, you look good!
  • tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    no apology....also I'm pretty sure she's on my FL
  • Fuax75
    Fuax75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No reason to apologize!! People need to stop being politically correct all the danm time. The world is a tough place grow up and suck it up butter cup!!!!!
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think this is awesome she was able to do what she did. I know that I have weight to lose and my journey is for me. People complain about other people no matter what they do. If she was fat, people would say something and if she was skinny people would say something. You cannot live your life worrying about other people. Go head girl and do you!

I am still a big girl but I am not going to hate on all you ladies that look great out there. Y'all are just further along on this journey than me. No biggies. I have been bullied as a kid and have heard hurtful things as a big person. So I know what "fat shamming" is and this is not it. I like this picture because it shows me you don't have to be big after kids. I know it is taking me long because I am just learning the right way to diet and exercise.

Ladies there are enough ways in society today that we put each other down and we instead need to be building each other up. This mom does not have to apologize and in fact I believe those people should apologize to her. From a big momma to you girl, you look good!
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I find this very inspirational. Great way to view your journey~
  • Amy11108
    Options
    I don't think she is fat shaming, but she is making the assumption that everyone that doesn't look like her is making excuses. Maybe not everyone wants to be that fit. To me, inspirational, but I can see where to others it might be offensive.
  • xraygal84
    xraygal84 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone think she needs to apologize? Good for her, for being dedicated to staying fit! Anyone who finds this a reason for criticism probably needs to examine their motives.