30 day shred october 21th !!! Anyone!!!

Options

Replies

• Wanderer1224
    Wanderer1224 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Is this 30 day shred a CD you buy or? Just starting here so...looking for help. Thanks.:smile:

you can find it on youtube!!!
  • olalola1981
    olalola1981 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 10 done!! :drinker: Super happy to see the back of level 2 :bigsmile:

10 days to go, hope I survive level 3 :happy:
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is finally over!
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Level 3 Day 1 done! Jury's out for me so far.. I had a much lower calorie burn than level 2 but that may have been down to learning the moves so will see tomorrow. It did seem to go by much quicker so that was good but jumping lunges might kill me in the next 9 days!!

How did everyone else find it?
  • ritornare
    Options
    Level 3 Day 1 done! Jury's out for me so far.. I had a much lower calorie burn than level 2 but that may have been down to learning the moves so will see tomorrow. It did seem to go by much quicker so that was good but jumping lunges might kill me in the next 9 days!!

It was hard, but not as hard as the first day of level 2 was. I am a bit worried though because there seems to be a lot of jumps and moves that are hard on the knees in general and I injured my left knee a few years ago (something wrong with my ligaments, apparently) and really don't want to repeat the experience.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Level 2 is finally over!

So jealous! I still have 2 days of Level 2 to go.
  • brown46545
    brown46545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just finished Level 2 day 6 (took 2 days off this week). I am not enjoying it. I spend most of it screaming at Jillian. Cannot wait until it's over!
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Just found this thread - I'm level 3 and just completed day 3 today. I'm the same; lower calorie burn than on the other 2 levels. I also found it easier! (except for those jump lunge things, wtf are they?!) So I upped my weights to make it harder today, and boy does it burn now. Calorie burn still the same - but I'm guessing it's because it's more resistance and less cardio.
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Level 3 Day 6 done!! Felt good this morning. Kids were off of school today so I got to get up a little later and that was great! had more energy for the workout this morning. 4 more days and I am DONE!! I will move on to ripped in 30.
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Level 3 day 2 done! Burn was much better than yesterday but I still hate those jumping lunges :noway: Agreed about the impact on knees - those jumps in the final cardio section I'm not doing at full potential until I get a better idea of how my body reacts. I stepped it up from yesterday so we'll see how that feels tomorrow.

Ladies moving onto RI30 in the next few days - do people want to do another thread like this? I hope so, I've found the accountabiity of this thread the best motivation when putting that dvd on is the last thing I want to do!!
  • MicheleStitches
    Options
    We seem to be losing some folks...or at least they are not posting here anymore.

Who needs a little MOTIVATION? :huh:

Okay, well...I'm going to give it to you! :wink:

--If this 47 year-old woman can do The 30 Day Shred, YOU can do it too!

--If this mother of 7 (yes, 7 pregnancies and deliveries) can do The 30 Day Shred, YOU can do it too!

--If this middle-aged perimenopausal gal can do The 30 Day Shred, YOU can do it too!

--If this lady, diagnosed with fibromyalgea can do The 30 Day Shred, YOU can do it too!

--I've NEVER been skinny. I've had to fight my weight ever since adolescence. I'm not particularly athletic. If I can do this, YOU can do this.

--You CAN do this! Modify if necessary. Take a recovery day if necessary. Make it "The 60 Day Shred" if necessary. Think about how great you are going to feel when you FINISH! YOU CAN DO THIS!

***************************************************************************************************
    This is about more than losing weight.

This is about more than getting "skinny."

This is about being FIT, STRONG, HEALTHY, VIBRANT! :flowerforyou:

I have just started Level 3, so after 20 days of doing The Shred, here are some fitness improvements I have already seen:

--On Oct. 18th I could hold a plank (on my elbows) for a max of 70 seconds. This weekend I did 90 seconds!

--On Oct. 18th I could hold a "wall sit" for a max of 60 seconds. This weekend I did 85 seconds!

--On Oct. 18th I could barely eke out 1 real, on-my-toes push-up. This weekend I did 12 "real" push-ups in a row!

These three fitness moves measure the core, the lower body & the upper body strength and I have seen significant improvement in all three! You can too!

LADIES, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Edited to add: By the way, I did not mean for this post to sound at all like I am boasting. Quite the contrary, I was confessing to you that I am not some sweet young thing who finds this easy. As much as I'd love to have you all think I am young and "hip," I am pretty sure that I am the oldest one in this group...possibly old enough to be "mom" to some of you. (Eek!) I just wanted to be an encouragement, so that you can say to yourself, "Heck! If SHE can do this, surely I can too!"
  • MicheleStitches
    Options
    Level 3 day 2 done! Burn was much better than yesterday but I still hate those jumping lunges :noway: Agreed about the impact on knees - those jumps in the final cardio section I'm not doing at full potential until I get a better idea of how my body reacts. I stepped it up from yesterday so we'll see how that feels tomorrow.

Ladies moving onto RI30 in the next few days - do people want to do another thread like this? I hope so, I've found the accountabiity of this thread the best motivation when putting that dvd on is the last thing I want to do!!

I agree about the jump lunges. My knees are really sore today after doing L3 for the 1st time yesterday. I'll probably modify those for now. The other move that was BURNING for me was the sumo squats with a jump (or plie's if you prefer to call them that.)

I have my new copy of Ripped in 30 DVD and I would be happy to move on to that if I survive L3 of "The Shred" :laugh: I am definitely interested in having a group or forum thread to keep me motivated. :drinker:
  • ritornare
    Options
    Day 4 has come and gone (:
    I do modify the jumping lunges because they're definetely too hard on my poor left knee, but I manage to do the rest following Natalie (more or less, that woman is a fitness monster!). 6 days to go and I don't think I have lost that much weight, I probably lost centimetres instead AND I gained confidence! Not bad.
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Level 3 day 4 done. My knees seem ok so I went a little higher with the rock star jumps at the end. Agreed on those plié squats jumps, ouch!!

In the 3rd strength circuit I had to do the second set on my knees, thought my arms were going to give up!! That's the first time I've felt like that so hopefully just an off day.

Nearly halfway through level 3 ladies!
  • olalola1981
    Options
    We seem to be losing some folks...or at least they are not posting here anymore.

Who needs a little MOTIVATION? :huh:

Okay, well...I'm going to give it to you! :wink:

--If this 47 year-old woman can do The 30 Day Shred, YOU can do it too!

--If this mother of 7 (yes, 7 pregnancies and deliveries) can do The 30 Day Shred, YOU can do it too!

--If this middle-aged perimenopausal gal can do The 30 Day Shred, YOU can do it too!

--If this lady, diagnosed with fibromyalgea can do The 30 Day Shred, YOU can do it too!

--I've NEVER been skinny. I've had to fight my weight ever since adolescence. I'm not particularly athletic. If I can do this, YOU can do this.

--You CAN do this! Modify if necessary. Take a recovery day if necessary. Make it "The 60 Day Shred" if necessary. Think about how great you are going to feel when you FINISH! YOU CAN DO THIS!

***************************************************************************************************
    This is about more than losing weight.

This is about more than getting "skinny."

This is about being FIT, STRONG, HEALTHY, VIBRANT! :flowerforyou:

I have just started Level 3, so after 20 days of doing The Shred, here are some fitness improvements I have already seen:

--On Oct. 18th I could hold a plank (on my elbows) for a max of 70 seconds. This weekend I did 90 seconds!

--On Oct. 18th I could hold a "wall sit" for a max of 60 seconds. This weekend I did 85 seconds!

--On Oct. 18th I could barely eke out 1 real, on-my-toes push-up. This weekend I did 12 "real" push-ups in a row!

These three fitness moves measure the core, the lower body & the upper body strength and I have seen significant improvement in all three! You can too!

LADIES, YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Edited to add: By the way, I did not mean for this post to sound at all like I am boasting. Quite the contrary, I was confessing to you that I am not some sweet young thing who finds this easy. As much as I'd love to have you all think I am young and "hip," I am pretty sure that I am the oldest one in this group...possibly old enough to be "mom" to some of you. (Eek!) I just wanted to be an encouragement, so that you can say to yourself, "Heck! If SHE can do this, surely I can too!"

I LOVE this post!!! So, so much good stuff here. I've always given up every time I've tried before, through boredom, lack of time, lack of energy, more fun things to be doing etc. There are a million reasons not to do it - find the one reason that you want to do it for and cling on to that reason!!

Also, despite being disciplined with my diet I think I've only lost 1 lb or something total during 30DS (put on 1.5 then lost 2.5 or something) and I haven't really seen big changes in my measurements (will measure properly at the end) BUT I can see abs while I workout, I'm definitely building muscle that I've never had in my butt and my arms are more toned. Plus the thing about the planks - I couldn't even do 20 seconds before I started 30DS, now I'm doing 90 seconds before I lose my form. So many benefits to this program, I'm so glad you've all been there to keep me honest about it!
  • MicheleStitches
    Options
    Level 3, Day 3 is done! BOOM! Also, I got in two sessions of jumping rope (one before and one after the 30DS workout) for a total of 31 minutes.

Also, I agree with olalola1981 in regards to measurements. I've only lost a pound or two, and maybe...just maybe an inch here or there, but I am seeing drastic changes in my composition. In other words, my waistline isn't that much smaller, but it is amazingly firmer. I'm getting 6-pack abs. I can see them. And as for my rear, it's more lifted and out back instead of spreading side to side.

Today, I was jumping rope and I caught sight of my silhouette reflected in a window in my garage. I did not even recognize my biceps and shoulders! There were curves and muscles and definition that were definitely not there before!!
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've had to take a week's break from the shred due to hurting my back. I lifted a heavy box like a health and safety pro, then forgot that I would have to bend forward into a cupboard with said box. My lower back has been punishing me with spasms ever since.

I didn't think I would ever say this but...I missed Jillian. I even missed the bicycle crunches. Who am I?!

Will update when I can get back to the shred. A bit scared about starting any kind of sit ups or jumping as I don't want to make it worse. But good work to the people on level 3!
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Level 3 day 5 done, halfway!! Oh I felt bad working out this evening - left it til way too late in the day and felt a bit headachey and unwell. But I persevered and feel better for doing it. My calorie burn was way over the usual and I just don't dare miss a day as I know how easily I fall off the wagon.

My knees seem fine despite the impact of all those jumps but I'm still struggling with the strength section of circuit 3, my arms can't seem to manage the full 3 minutes with no break. How's everyone else finding that bit?
  • MicheleStitches
    Options
    Today I did Level 3 Day 4. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel! :happy:
  • olalola1981
    Options
    Level 3 day 6 done :-) Only a few hours since i finished day 5 :laugh: Need to be more disciplined about getting my workout in before work...

Anyone else really feeling the muscles over their shoulder blades? I don't really have any muscle in my back and level 3 seems to be attempting to build some there!