30 day shred october 21th !!! Anyone!!!

Options

Replies

• Winnie_Cooper
    Winnie_Cooper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done! I was feeling guilty about taking a rest day yesterday, but now I am glad I did. My muscles needed to recover. The whole workout was much easier. Not easy of course, but I managed to get through sections that I have been struggling hard with before. Rethinking the no break thing. Maybe take a rest day every 4 or 5 days.
  • britfout
    britfout Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Finished day 9 last night! My baby girl started crying half way through so I had to stop and feed her and start over again lol. OMG it was so hard to get motivated to start it from the beginning again, because for me circuit 1 the hardest part.

I'm going to do day 10 today and then tomorrows my rest day then off to level 2!!! Woohoo! I'm extremely excited, I loved level 2 when I did it last year. Then I got pregnant again and gained 50 lbs and there went that! Oh well, I did it once before I can do it again!

Everyone is doing so well!!!! It's awesome, you girls rock.

BTW I sneaked some measurements yesterday because the scale hasn't budged and i've already lost some inches :0 unbelievable.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Checking in with my progress. I did day 4 on Thursday and day 5 on Friday plus a half hour of jumping rope. I think I'm going to take an active break today (walking for an hour and doing other less demanding activitys), and maybe even tomorrow. I know I needed a break because I was feeling fatigued, not sore...ya' know what I mean? For instance, when I walked up the stairs last night, my legs felt wiped out...not that oh-my-muscles-are-sore kind of feeling, but more like I had just run a race and had nothing left to give. I do NOT want to get injured! :tongue:

Edited to add: Does anyone else struggle with the side lunges/anterior raises? I swear, I think my arms are going to fall off when I do those!
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Checking in with my progress. I did day 4 on Thursday and day 5 on Friday plus a half hour of jumping rope. I think I'm going to take an active break today (walking for an hour and doing other less demanding activitys), and maybe even tomorrow. I know I needed a break because I was feeling fatigued, not sore...ya' know what I mean? For instance, when I walked up the stairs last night, my legs felt wiped out...not that oh-my-muscles-are-sore kind of feeling, but more like I had just run a race and had nothing left to give. I do NOT want to get injured! :tongue:

Edited to add: Does anyone else struggle with the side lunges/anterior raises? I swear, I think my arms are going to fall off when I do those!

I always think I've become like the hulk during the first set of those lunges/raises and then the second set kills me. It's not just you!
  • britfout
    Options
    Day 10 done. Wooo! Invigorating!!!

The side/lunge anterior raises always killed me too, today was the first day I got through all of them without stopping!

Oh and guys, I found this super interesting, this girl did a graph of her weight loss. It includes when she did 30ds... it stalled for the first 2 weeks, then dropped a bit, and dropped more after program was completed. This made me feel better because the scale pretty much hasn't budged since I began the program 12 days ago.

lol Forgot to add the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1098806-newbie-loss-plateaus-and-weight-loss-math-with-graphs?hl=Newbie+plateau&page=1%23
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread!
    I started on the 21th too, so today I have done my 6th day of level 1! So far, I'm really impressed: the first day was actually horrible, I struggled to finish the first circuit, but then pushed trough panting and grunting, with my HRM beeping like crazy... now it's still no pleasure, but I feel a lot better while I'm doing it and the heart reate is considerably lower. I'm a bit scared about level 2, if I have to be completely honest...
  • britfout
    Options
    Just found this thread!
    I started on the 21th too, so today I have done my 6th day of level 1! So far, I'm really impressed: the first day was actually horrible, I struggled to finish the first circuit, but then pushed trough panting and grunting, with my HRM beeping like crazy... now it's still no pleasure, but I feel a lot better while I'm doing it and the heart reate is considerably lower. I'm a bit scared about level 2, if I have to be completely honest...

Hi! Great job so far!!!

As I recall... level 2 is hard (of course) BUT I personally liked the types of workouts she used in level 2 a lot better. I think there's planks and mountain climbers which are intense but doable! Plus you gain so much strength from level 1 which really helps. I'm terrified of level 3 though... I never got that far!
  • MicheleStitches
    Options

The side/lunge anterior raises always killed me too, today was the first day I got through all of them without stopping!

Oh and guys, I found this super interesting, this girl did a graph of her weight loss. It includes when she did 30ds... it stalled for the first 2 weeks, then dropped a bit, and dropped more after program was completed. This made me feel better because the scale pretty much hasn't budged since I began the program 12 days ago.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1098806-newbie-loss-plateaus-and-weight-loss-math-with-graphs?hl=Newbie+plateau&page=1%23

Some folks may lose weight initially, but I am not going to be surprised if my scale goes up a bit at first because I think I am gaining muscle at a faster rate than I am losing fat! But it will all pan out in the end. And to tell the truth, I'm more concerned with being slim & firm than I am with some stupid number on my silly scale. At least THAT'S what I keep telling myself! :laugh:
  • britfout
    Options

Some folks may lose weight initially, but I am not going to be surprised if my scale goes up a bit at first because I think I am gaining muscle at a faster rate than I am losing fat! But it will all pan out in the end. And to tell the truth, I'm more concerned with being slim & firm than I am with some stupid number on my silly scale. At least THAT'S what I keep telling myself! :laugh:

LOL! Same here, i'm trying to focus on measurements and the way my clothes fit... but I also obsessively weigh every. single. day. I am a mad woman. Already losing some inches at least so that's pretty awesome and keeping me motivated!
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    SOOOO...I lied :grumble: I was supposed to start a couple of days ago. I can NOT find my DVD! I went to 2 dif Walmarts and they were out! I finally found one at a 3rd one. Oh I'm determined! But guess why I couldn't find it...My 20 month old baby does the 30 DS every day faithfully and lost my DVD when I was at work. I know it doesn't sound real but I was doing the video everyday in September for a couple of weeks and he was there with me doing the exercises as well. I guess it was all fun and games to him. He would laugh and jump around. I of course fell off but he didn't. He doesn't know how to say the words-"work out" but he says, "WOK WOK" that means that he wants to work out with the 30 DS only lol. So I turn on the DVD for him and he LITERALLY does the entire video. It is hilarious! I mean this boy is actually on the floor doing side crunches, squats and everything! lol :laugh: He knows the entire workout by heart. He uses my 2 lb dumb bells and goes to the next part before Jillian even announces the next move. CUTE! If I tell him that he can't do the DVD at the moment he is truly upset and it is NOT a pleasant sound to the ears :sad:
    I Just wanted to share this. I know I have my own little personal trainer. It's so sad that he works out alone while I watch him lol. I will start again Monday the 28th since I have another DVD now.

PS-I guess I could have done it from youtube huh lol
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    No matter what ppl tell you, don't be afraid to go to levels 2 and 3. I was kinda nervous from reading other comments on how hard it was and if you can do level one then you should be able to do the others levels with no problem. Yes they are challenging and you will get a burn but nothing to be afraid about. I just wanted to clear that up :happy:
  • olalola1981
    olalola1981 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to update as I'm getting lazy about replying to this thread but it's going to be the thing that keeps me honest when it gets tough on level 2!!

7 days in, 7 days of level 1 completed so I'm happy as I've always let real life get in the way by now when I've tried it before...

I'm feeling good, the only days I've struggled during the workout were day 2 and day 7. Not sure what the factors were on those days but generally I've found it easier day by day. Day 8 today, hoping the next 3 days will set me up for level 2 - scared!!

Thinking of going onto ripped in 30 after this and then body revolution after Christmas. Has anyone done these? I've seen lots of good reviews, just wondering how they compare to 30DS.

Week 2 peeps, hope everyone's still going strong!
  • MicheleStitches
    Options

Thinking of going onto ripped in 30 after this and then body revolution after Christmas. Has anyone done these? I've seen lots of good reviews, just wondering how they compare to 30DS.

I have not done Ripped in 30, but I have a friend who did and got amazing results. I think in that DVD Jillian applied some of the "exercise science" she has learned post 30 Day Shred.

Soooo...I have a question for those of you who are weighing yourselves. What kinds of changes, if any, are you seeing on the scale? Strangely, my weight dropped 1/2 a pound. around day 3-4, but then popped up a full 1.5 lbs. Then settled back down to my starting weight this weekend (I took a break from doing the workout and only did long walks on Saturday and Sunday.) Got on the scale this morning and I am down a full pound from my starting weight. What the heck?!? :huh: Mind you, I'm not complaining! I'll take any loss I can get...but this is just a great example of how our weight can go up and down in the weirdest ways.

Anyone else having strange fluctuations on the scale?

I'll be hanging out with Jillian in a short while and doing Level 1 Day 5 today. LET'S DO THIS THING!
  • MicheleStitches
    Options

Thank you so much for posting that link! I love math and stats and graphs, and that was such an encouraging post because it demonstrated that even though you can have lots of fluctuations (I do) if you back up a little and look at the big picture, you can see that your weight can still be trending downward and getting results!

Edited to add: For those of you who love math, statistics, graphs, etc. here is another thread by the same gal with even more geeky goodness! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1111515-for-the-nerds-in-you-tdee-estimation-with-graphs?page=1#posts-17189225
  • Winnie_Cooper
    Winnie_Cooper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Days 6 & 7 done! Forgot to check in yesterday. Honestly can't believe I have stuck with it. I am usually good for 2 or 3 days, then I wander off to something else (something easier). Only 3 more days until level 2!!! I even lost a pound this week. Woot!
  • MicheleStitches
    Options
    Made an error in my post above...today I did Level 1 Day 6, not day 5. Duh. I also did some running up and down my stairs, some burpees & 20 minutes jumping rope. Take THAT fats cells! :laugh:
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Today I did my 8th day of level 1 and, at this point, I can't wait for level 2 I feel so empowered. The only thing is... I can't seem to find the courage to weigh myself! I behaved this past few weeks: at first I began doing 60-90 minutes on a stationary bike, now I'm doing Jillian's dvd + 45 min. on a stationary bike with an average heartrate of about 140/145. I've eaten well and almost never exceeded a net of 1300 kcal, but I have Hashimoto's (hypothyroidism) and am a bit worried that even with all this commitment nothing will change :/
  • britfout
    Options
    Just wanted to update as I'm getting lazy about replying to this thread but it's going to be the thing that keeps me honest when it gets tough on level 2!!

7 days in, 7 days of level 1 completed so I'm happy as I've always let real life get in the way by now when I've tried it before...

I'm feeling good, the only days I've struggled during the workout were day 2 and day 7. Not sure what the factors were on those days but generally I've found it easier day by day. Day 8 today, hoping the next 3 days will set me up for level 2 - scared!!

I'm glad you posted this! I was just coming here to ask you gals if you wanted to do Ripped in 30 next! I like having a group to update and this group is so awesome everyone seems to really be sticking with it!!! I should be done with 30ds by nov. 23rd (maybe earlier) and will start Ripped in 30 the next day! I love having challenges...
  • britfout
    Options

I have not done Ripped in 30, but I have a friend who did and got amazing results. I think in that DVD Jillian applied some of the "exercise science" she has learned post 30 Day Shred.

Soooo...I have a question for those of you who are weighing yourselves. What kinds of changes, if any, are you seeing on the scale? Strangely, my weight dropped 1/2 a pound. around day 3-4, but then popped up a full 1.5 lbs. Then settled back down to my starting weight this weekend (I took a break from doing the workout and only did long walks on Saturday and Sunday.) Got on the scale this morning and I am down a full pound from my starting weight. What the heck?!? :huh: Mind you, I'm not complaining! I'll take any loss I can get...but this is just a great example of how our weight can go up and down in the weirdest ways.

Anyone else having strange fluctuations on the scale?

I'll be hanging out with Jillian in a short while and doing Level 1 Day 5 today. LET'S DO THIS THING!

I've had weight fluctuations too... it's an emotional rollercoaster lol. I went up 1lb then down 2lbs now i'm up 1lb again... so technically same weight but a downward trend for sure!!!

Ok starting LEVEL 2 DAY 1 now! Wish me luck!
  • thin412
    Options
    Level 2 day 1 done!!!!! It was very intense for me but i pushed through it. I was thinking about trying Ripped in 30 after I complete the 30 day shred. I am so happy with the results I have received by comparing pics from day 1 to day 10. So looking forward to the final results. Everyone is doing great!!!!
    Enjoy your evening and Happy shredding:flowerforyou: