30 day shred october 21th !!! Anyone!!!

Options

Replies

• aoso88
    aoso88 Posts: 1
    Options
    I want to join! I plan on starting tonight and think a support system may be good. Is it too late?
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I want to join! I plan on starting tonight and think a support system may be good. Is it too late?

Never too late! :wink:
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I sooooo did not want to workout today. I'm on day 2 smoke-free and am grumpy, queasy, and would rather just go to sleep. But, I dragged my butt up because I want my kid to see me moving some every day. AND! I managed the butt kicks today! Slower than the dvd ladies but I did it! Yay!
  • Wanderer1224
    Wanderer1224 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

no its not u are welcome girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Started the 30 day shred on the 22nd. Given how I'm feeling after just one workout (walking up/down stairs makes me want to cry) I can only assume Jillian Michaels hates me.

Is it actually possible to do this without any rest days?! Also, which sadist invented bicycle sit ups?
  • runtasty
    Options
    is it to late to join. I will start the 24th :) I started earlier last week but slacked off I just need motivation to continue
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Started the 30 day shred on the 22nd. Given how I'm feeling after just one workout (walking up/down stairs makes me want to cry) I can only assume Jillian Michaels hates me.

Is it actually possible to do this without any rest days?! Also, which sadist invented bicycle sit ups?
    It gets better :) I was sore as hell after day 1, less after day 2, still less today. And I agree, bicycle crunches SUCK!

As for rest days..eh, I've spent years resting and look what that's gotten me. I may take Sundays off from Jillian but only because that's the day I do C25k with muh doggies :)
  • VaishnaviSlimsDown
    Options
    Day 6; Level 1

It is seriously tough:explode: , but I feel good and better. Not sure how Level 2 and Level 3 gona be - but if its Jillian, it has got to be a kick-*kitten* workout..

If you don't feel the pain, u will never rip the benefit :drinker:
  • somereptile
    Options
    I can't believe it's before 7am and I'm done with my 4th day! Woohoo! It was pretty difficult not only having to sweat my butt off 20 min after waking but waking up an hour earlier also. Definitely planning on waking an extra half hour tomorrow so I'm not rushing to get ready.

What time of day do you guys do your 30DS? I think I'm going to enjoy working out before work instead of after.
  • jg4ever
    jg4ever Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it's before 7am and I'm done with my 4th day! Woohoo! It was pretty difficult not only having to sweat my butt off 20 min after waking but waking up an hour earlier also. Definitely planning on waking an extra half hour tomorrow so I'm not rushing to get ready.

What time of day do you guys do your 30DS? I think I'm going to enjoy working out before work instead of after.

I enjoy working out in the morning. I don't work so I'm able to wake up a little before working out but like to get it done before lunch time. I have noticed personally if I workout to late then I can't sleep.
  • jg4ever
    jg4ever Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I feel bad and like I let you guys down. I didn't' workout yesterday to 30 day shred. I didn't workout at all. I was wheezing and coughing and well sore. But i will be working out today and making up for the lost day somewhere in the 30 days :)
  • karlospiklington
    Options
    Have just completed my 2nd work out, albeit with a rest day in-between where I did brisk walking instead of hating Jillian Michaels for 20 minutes, and I feel slightly less close to death at the end of it. I'm going to take that as a victory when I can get off the floor.

To anyone who has ever made it to level 3, I commend you.
  • karlospiklington
    Options

It gets better :) I was sore as hell after day 1, less after day 2, still less today. And I agree, bicycle crunches SUCK!

As for rest days..eh, I've spent years resting and look what that's gotten me. I may take Sundays off from Jillian but only because that's the day I do C25k with muh doggies :)

Bicycle crunches seem to require a level of co-ordination I thought I had, but clearly don't.
  • MicheleStitches
    MicheleStitches Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Just a reminder to everyone:

IT'S NO SIN TO TAKE A REST & RECOVERY DAY!!!

Getting injured and being unable to workout at all is NOT the goal here! Trust me, I know all about this...I hurt my back working out in the past and ended up with 2 weeks of only being able to lay flat or stand up straight. Sitting was excruciating. Working out was out of the question for months! :noway:

Even Jillian, herself, when she came out with the newer "Ripped in 30" program recommends that you only work out 5-6 times per week and have 1 or 2 days of active recovery. Most experts now say that people who are doing intense workouts need recovery days.

Also, I am sure we can all agree that this is a Judgement-Free zone. If you need a day's break, take the break. If one of the levels is still kicking your tail after 10 days, there is no rule that says you have to step up to the next level. Listen to your body. Work this at your own pace.

We are here to cheer you on and support your progress! :flowerforyou:
  • Solomino
    Solomino Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Started the 30 day shred today. Anyone know how to log it into exercise? I would hate for all those calories not to be logged. Help please.
  • Winnie_Cooper
    Winnie_Cooper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 4 DONE! Glad y'all are here to keep me honest. I probably would have skipped a day if I didn't. Keep going everyone. We can do this.
  • Winnie_Cooper
    Winnie_Cooper Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Started the 30 day shred today. Anyone know how to log it into exercise? I would hate for all those calories not to be logged. Help please.

The workout burns 150-250 calories approximately. I log 150 calories to be on the safe side, but the best way is to use a heart rate monitor for the most accurate count.
  • Wanderer1224
    Wanderer1224 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

I am doing it after work but i think am going to try it in the morning lol!!!

Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • botaylor1166
    botaylor1166 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just saw this now but I started Oct 21/13 so I'd love to join this group!! I'll check in each day and read to see if others need motivation!!!
  • botaylor1166
    botaylor1166 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have been doing my workout in the evening but next week I'm starting them in the morning...I'm mush better in the mornings! lol