Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Before was at my heaviest, 230 lbs.
    lost 90 lbs after that, had a baby and gained 60 lbs, recently lost it all.
    After was taken yesterday, 145 lbs. Still a ways to go but I am thrilled at my results so far.z5v92b6nb0fs.jpg
    1zh3q74mo39l.jpg

You look amazing. Congratulations on your success :)

What a great inspiration all of you are!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    You girls are absolutely inspiring. I start at a new gym next month (they're currently building it) and I've told the trainer that I want to lift heavy. I've been at curves for the last two years and want to move on. They've been amazing but it's time to spread my wings.
    You guys make me so excited!
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have been working out since August, 2014. I joined a Woman's Health and Fitness Center. I started out with a trainer, using weight machines. To date I have lost 29 lbs and 11.5 inches. For physical reasons and age, I couldn't do much of anything at first. I have bee m reading and learning more about the benefits of lifting free weights and now want to do this. I'm not seeing the results I want to. I have talked to my trainer and will be starting a new program soon. She's so booked. :( Anyway, after seeing you ladies looking so fit and fabulous, I know my goal is achieveable. All of you look totally amazing! Very motivating for me!
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • xprplstardust
    xprplstardust Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    all of the results in this thread are amazing.
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Lifting 5x per week on a deficit and working with a trainer. I killed it every single session.
    PhotoGrid_1381545395505_zps593a6333.jpg
    IMG_20130809_195151_zps202d6e0e.jpg

My overall results of lifting from start to now.
    IMG_20130924_060656_zpsc30772ab.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1380639685183_zps218147ba.jpg

You look great! And you are such a cutie!!!
  • v_cowley
    v_cowley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have wanted to start heavy lifting for some time now but the truth is I'm just completely lost- I have no clue where to start- I'd appreciate any tips/advice/beginner plans ect.
    I don't have access to a gym but I have no idea what to buy to help me at home. I'm 6ft and 16st 10lb at the moment and fairly strong.
    I want to start this while losing weight as opposed to losing weight first, getting skinny and flabby then bulking. I just want to be fit and strong. Thanks in advance!
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
  • kickassbarbie
    kickassbarbie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    This thread is so inspiring!

(Did post pics but chickened out)
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    5q1r84tmoeap.jpg

ddp2pfklyma9.jpg

I started my training and healthy eating on new years day its been 4 months and I have seen massive results. I have gone from 14 stone 3 pounds to 11 stone 9 pounds. I have dropped 2 dress sizes up to now. My goal is to get to 10 stone and to have a firm toned body with some good abs :)
    I go away in June so am aiming to lose another stone by the 17th June big aim but I am feeling positive.
    These photos are around a month ago. But if you want to keep up with my progress now I am doing more strength training your welcome to add me :-) I will be uploading more recent picture when I lose another stone!

I am gonna be slim this summer!

Good luck everyone x

That is a phenomenal change! I've been lifting for 6 months and have no where near that amount of change. Looking forward to those June photos!
  • gracielu7
    gracielu7 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • razz02
    razz02 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting and deficit is the ONLY way to go with a splash of lifetime change. Then you´ll get results that lasts a lifetime. I Went from 100 kg to 53 kg, the best thing is that it Changes your comportment towards food and workout. If you want serious results in terms of muscle mass it requires a really strict, organized and nutritionally perfect diet and also lots and lots of weightlifting. I´ve tried and its really hard to get big! Lean is much easier.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    msjesslab wrote: »
    I am 5'4 and currently 126 pounds, and I started out at about 144 in January. I do minimal cardio, mostly walking at an incline or the stair master just because I have little legs and I suck at running/hate it. I typically lift more than three days a week, just because I love it. I just found out today I'm at twenty percent body fat, though I credit that to a complete loss of my boobs. :'( The shoulder pic is just one month's difference, the blue tank top is from a cruise I took last summer, the blue bikini pic is from January, and all the other pics are from a week or two ago.
    nwgiteqqil4v.jpg
    aqbpjwp33y85.jpg
    xajlekre9rn6.jpg
    3349e5v3e540.jpg

Shoot. Your 126 has me second guessing myself. I'm 5'4" and 133 and I just couldn't push myself to get any lower. I failed and decided on a recomp. Maybe I'll see the 120s in the future though. You look great.
  • msjesslab
    msjesslab Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @ Ardita Thank you! I honestly am trying to get rid of the fluff still on my hips and thighs so I'm shooting for closer to 120 to then go into something of a bulk and put on more muscle. I have a pretty small frame though, but most of my weight is (fortunately or unfortunately) carried in my butt/hips/thighs lol. For me I definitely notice the 1400 calories daily is starting to not cut it. I'm absolutely starving at certain points of the day. I'm probably going to have to up my calories and just have the weight loss happen more slowly. You might have more success trying the same thing when you try and go back down!
  • arditarose
    Options
    @ Ardita Thank you! I honestly am trying to get rid of the fluff still on my hips and thighs so I'm shooting for closer to 120 to then go into something of a bulk and put on more muscle. I have a pretty small frame though, but most of my weight is (fortunately or unfortunately) carried in my butt/hips/thighs lol. For me I definitely notice the 1400 calories daily is starting to not cut it. I'm absolutely starving at certain points of the day. I'm probably going to have to up my calories and just have the weight loss happen more slowly. You might have more success trying the same thing when you try and go back down!

I dropped down to 1400 on the week days, and then had a high day on the weekend, trying to get to an average of 1600 or so for .5 lbs per week loss. It helped some, but my lifts were suffering and I was having no fun in the gym. I carry my fat in my thighs for sure. I started with 44 inch hips, at least they are down to 38 now, which I don't mind.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I don’t know guys, you both look really lean to me. I’m also 5’4” and at 130lbs, but I have way more fluff than both of you! msjesslab, your results are A-mazing!!
  • msjesslab
    msjesslab Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I dropped down to 1400 on the week days, and then had a high day on the weekend, trying to get to an average of 1600 or so for .5 lbs per week loss. It helped some, but my lifts were suffering and I was having no fun in the gym. I carry my fat in my thighs for sure. I started with 44 inch hips, at least they are down to 38 now, which I don't mind.

I think we have pretty similar builds then. I think my hips are down to 36 inches, but I can't be sure because I'm the one doing the measuring lol. I know my upper half has positively disappeared, I went from a solid 32D to a 32B/A. Bras at Victoria Secret barely fit, the salesperson said I probably need a bra with a 30 inch band now. I have my calories set for 1400 a day but I typically eat closer to 1200, which sounds terrible but I save those calories for a really yummy treat meal. I am a total binge eater so this really helps out. If I go in the red at all my mentality goes '*kitten* it, you might as well eat everything now' which isn't good. Definitely working on it.

With your recomp, how many calories are you eating? Do you eat at maintenance or a little above?
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I think we have pretty similar builds then. I think my hips are down to 36 inches, but I can't be sure because I'm the one doing the measuring lol. I know my upper half has positively disappeared, I went from a solid 32D to a 32B/A. Bras at Victoria Secret barely fit, the salesperson said I probably need a bra with a 30 inch band now. I have my calories set for 1400 a day but I typically eat closer to 1200, which sounds terrible but I save those calories for a really yummy treat meal. I am a total binge eater so this really helps out. If I go in the red at all my mentality goes '*kitten* it, you might as well eat everything now' which isn't good. Definitely working on it.

With your recomp, how many calories are you eating? Do you eat at maintenance or a little above?

Yeah, I think we're similar. I'm down to a 32 B now but when I measure my band size I'm about 30 so I'm wondering if I'm down to a 30 C.

I'm trying to eat at maintenance for the recomp. I added calories slowly. This week I'll average 1800 per day, no cardio. Should be able to get to 1850 but not really much more unfortunately.