Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    I don’t know guys, you both look really lean to me. I’m also 5’4” and at 130lbs, but I have way more fluff than both of you! msjesslab, your results are A-mazing!!

I got lots of fluff. Big old shaky thighs and butt.
  • msjesslab
    msjesslab Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

This is so funny, but I've been creeping on mfp forums for a while now without every posting, so I have definitely seen your progress pictures before and been amazed. Your waist is soooo small! I'm shocked that you think I look good when you look so great!

Thank you Emilia! I credit good lighting ;)
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I don’t know guys, you both look really lean to me. I’m also 5’4” and at 130lbs, but I have way more fluff than both of you! msjesslab, your results are A-mazing!!

Well, you know best, but sometimes a break from weight loss goals can be great. Besides, I think it would be easier to lose the last little bit after being at maintenance for a while. Breaks are good. I'm definitely reaching that point too. I'm excited to eat more and hopefully tighten up with lifting.

• msjesslab
    Options

Well, you know best, but sometimes a break from weight loss goals can be great. Besides, I think it would be easier to lose the last little bit after being at maintenance for a while. Breaks are good. I'm definitely reaching that point too. I'm excited to eat more and hopefully tighten up with lifting.

I agree! This actually inspired me to go ahead and up my calorie goals. I've been putting it off for a while now because I'm moving to Florida and I've going to be in a bikini surrounded by tan skinny blondes! Scary stuff.
  • arditarose
    Options
    msjesslab wrote: »

This is so funny, but I've been creeping on mfp forums for a while now without every posting, so I have definitely seen your progress pictures before and been amazed. Your waist is soooo small! I'm shocked that you think I look good when you look so great!

Thank you Emilia! I credit good lighting ;)

Wow. That's so nice, thank you. I do think you look great! I'm always interested in what women with similar stats are up to.
  • arditarose
    Options

I agree! This actually inspired me to go ahead and up my calorie goals. I've been putting it off for a while now because I'm moving to Florida and I've going to be in a bikini surrounded by tan skinny blondes! Scary stuff.

Up them! It's fun (typed as I'm finishing off a pint of chocolate frozen yogurt).
  • msjesslab
    Options

Up them! It's fun (typed as I'm finishing off a pint of chocolate frozen yogurt).

My new favorite thing is chocolate protein powder, almond milk, arctic zero icecream in whatever flavor, and two oreos(sadly that's a serving) blended together for super amazing protein shake. I just had one and I'm seriously considering another...
  • Emilia777
    Options

Haha, I second that. Except I already ate my late night snack calories (cheese; so worth it). You're both awesome and eating more while going strong with lifting sounds so awesome :smile:
  • arditarose
    Options

My new favorite thing is chocolate protein powder, almond milk, arctic zero icecream in whatever flavor, and two oreos(sadly that's a serving) blended together for super amazing protein shake. I just had one and I'm seriously considering another...

Oh no. I can't do arctic zero. Everything else sounds good. You're actually giving me a good idea with the oreos. I might try crushing one up in my greek yogurt with cocoa powder.
  • msjesslab
    Options

Oh no. I can't do arctic zero. Everything else sounds good. You're actually giving me a good idea with the oreos. I might try crushing one up in my greek yogurt with cocoa powder.

Okay hear me out, I guess they relaunched their product because the packaging is different and it is WAY better. The salted caramel flavor has helped me through many rough nights lol.

Haha, I second that. Except I already ate my late night snack calories (cheese; so worth it). You're both awesome and eating more while going strong with lifting sounds so awesome :smile:

I am not as big a cheese fan as I am of sweets! I eat a colby jack cheese stick as a snack once a day, and I'm good after that. To me it is just not worth the calories! If I'm going to really eat cheese it's got to be like a metric ton for me to be satisfied. I'm talking loaded nachos worthy.

• Emilia777
    Options

I have NO idea why I never thought of that. Using Oreos is the most amazing idea ever. I wish there was a "like" button for your comments so I didn't feel compelled to keep posting. I see your point regarding cheese - it's my kryptonite and I'm okay with that lol.

On the bright side, this is bumping the super awesome lifting results in this thread!
  • arditarose
    Options

I have NO idea why I never thought of that. Using Oreos is the most amazing idea ever. I wish there was a "like" button for your comments so I didn't feel compelled to keep posting. I see your point regarding cheese - it's my kryptonite and I'm okay with that lol.

On the bright side, this is bumping the super awesome lifting results in this thread!

msjesslab gets the oreo credit
  • Emilia777
    Options

msjesslab gets the oreo credit

Oh yeah, absolutely. Major props to you msjesslab. You get credit for the idea to mix it with Greek yogurt. I'm always looking for new topping ideas. :smiley:
  • msjesslab
    Options

Oh yeah, absolutely. Major props to you msjesslab. You get credit for the idea to mix it with Greek yogurt. I'm always looking for new topping ideas. :smiley:

It's literally the only way I've ever been able to eat just one serving of a meagerly two oreos. I used to eat them until my glass of milk ran out, which was at least a sleeve and a half. PRO TIP: If you buy the reduced fat (boo I know), you get three oreos for the same calories and if you blend them you can't really tell the difference in taste.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
    You ladies make me smile! I love oreos! My husband had a meeting with the oreo rep today and brought home an oreo shoulder bag filled with oreos. Funny coincidence to your conversation.

I started stronglifts 5x5 March 1st. I was a cardio junkie before with 38 lb loss but since March I dropped 2 pant sizes. I upped my calories from 1260 to 1500 but gained 5 lbs. However I think I am still getting tighter. I'm 5'5" and now weigh 140.4 lbs. So about the same size as you ladies. I'm a little freaked out that I might get fat again.

I'm having trouble getting past 82 lbs on my squats even after deloading and working back up twice, any suggestions?
  • cmcdonald525
    cmcdonald525 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks to this thread I signed up for a gym membership and had my first session with a trainer today. I *will* be able to post an after pic here someday!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,118 Member
    Options
  • grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Deafening_Silence
    Deafening_Silence Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bump