Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options

Replies

• applemiki
    applemiki Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been doing alot of weight training and not alot of cardio besides hiit. The one thing I am afraid of is that I will look more bulky/manly and instead of girly. especially in the arms since they big anyway. Any advice as to how I can prevent myself from being too bulky?
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    applemiki wrote: »
    I've been doing alot of weight training and not alot of cardio besides hiit. The one thing I am afraid of is that I will look more bulky/manly and instead of girly. especially in the arms since they big anyway. Any advice as to how I can prevent myself from being too bulky?

You won't... from everything I've read, it takes men an awful lot of effort to get bulky even with all their advantages, it's extremely difficult for women. Don't worry - read this! :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky/p1
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options

Jackie995 wrote: »
    I love weightlifting, I have been lifting for a few years now!
    etno15tpdzum.jpg
    39f5v012dt83.jpg

Wow you are goals! I mean even the middle pic is awesome! How long did it take you to look like that?
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    grapaj wrote: »
    ^^ arm goals!!!!!! Awesome work @psych101

aww thank you :smiley:
  • Jackie995
    Jackie995 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    LadyKT wrote: »
    Jackie995 wrote: »
    I love weightlifting, I have been lifting for a few years now!
    etno15tpdzum.jpg
    39f5v012dt83.jpg

Wow you are goals! I mean even the middle pic is awesome! How long did it take you to look like that?

It has taken me three years :)
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Such inspiration here!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I love this so much!! I lift, but I need a plan and more consistency. Thanks for the inspiration ladies!!
  • flutatious1
    flutatious1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bump!!! Y'all are freakin' awesome!!!!!
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your ladies confidence in beginning a heavy weightlifting program. you all look so great!
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I wish I had thought to take proper before pictures! You guys are incredible inspiration! <3 it!