Females only - lifting/weight training results?

Options

Replies

• appleseeds
    appleseeds Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    this. msqfjki8bodn.jpg

Im 5'2. I gained 15kg since the first pic in 2013, and started lifting heavy weights in Feb this year...then this happened.
    omg.jpg 256.3K
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    appleseeds wrote: »
    this. msqfjki8bodn.jpg

Im 5'2. I gained 15kg since the first pic in 2013, and started lifting heavy weights in Feb this year...then this happened.

Love it
  • mechongola181
    mechongola181 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to lost 30 pounds i love lifting weight Re. Please feel free to add me. I need help
  • megcorey
    megcorey Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ok iv been at it for a true month now ,i havent let myself weigh yet,but iv noticed at the top of my belly ther is now more noticable cellulite will this get better :'(
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    megcorey wrote: »
    Ok iv been at it for a true month now ,i havent let myself weigh yet,but iv noticed at the top of my belly ther is now more noticable cellulite will this get better :'(

Mine is going away! The fat is melting away and so is the cellulite!
  • pippypuppy
    pippypuppy Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh that was me doing the flagging...

pfftt not really ;) I keep coming back to this thread because everyone is so dang amazing!

Well done ladies. You are all inspirational. I'm sold! Lifting rocks
  • pippypuppy
    Options
    votkuhr wrote: »
    Took a picture in the gym last night. Stars and lighting must've aligned perfectly because my arm looks so #swole here. :D

9s888f9n6jgy.jpg
    Check out those arms! Rocking it
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    jesolgat wrote: »
    opbwq70m7hb1.jpeg

June 2013 vs Sept 2015. Once I fixed my NUTRITION, everything else fell into place.

I want my arms to look like THIIIIIIISSSSS!
  • pippypuppy
    Options
    60ibwsffmw0q.jpg

Everyone here looks so amazing! Love seeing all of you A** kicking women!

Whoa! Check you out. AH-mazing! So inspirational
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    60ibwsffmw0q.jpg

And I want these abs to go with the arms I'm going to steal from @jesolgat !
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    60ibwsffmw0q.jpg

And I want these abs to go with the arms I'm going to steal from @jesolgat !

Aww so flattering! Thanks!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm not nearly at my goal yet but for bigger girls that wonder if weights will actually help them lose here's some of my progress pictures :-) I'm down 25lb and over 30". I've lost almost 10" off my tummy alone. I lift 3 days a week, stay active with my kids the rest of the week and track my macros. Second picture was after 3 months. I've been lifting for 4.5 months now, I'm down 3 pants sizes, went from 2x tops to a regular xl.

y118hz4wlzl9.jpg
    ljshpyubipl8.jpg

Thank you for the encouragement.
    You are doing great!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options

Can you tell us what your workout routine is? You are awesome!
    Also your general eating habits?
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »

Can you tell us what your workout routine is? You are awesome!
    Also your general eating habits?

Sweet of you to say :) It took me about a year between those pictures. While I was losing the weight I ate about 1700 calories with a 40P/30C/30F maco split (the first 6 months). I tinkered with different macros and found that with that setup the weight fell off. I did regular crossfit classes 3 days a week and ran 2-4 miles one day on the weekend. From months 6-12 I did crossfit classes 4 days a week and ran one day on the weekend and still ate around 1700 calories. Now that i'm trying to train to be competetive I do crossfit classes 5 days a week and on 3 of those days I run an additional strength cycle (usually a 6-8 week cycle) to improve my olympic lifts and specific skills (think lots of sprints squats, deads, curls, military presses and specific parts of olympic lifts like snatch pulls from blocks). Now I eat around 2000-2300 calories a day with a 35P,35C,30F macro breakdown (though i'm almost always over in fat). Though my diary says 1850 i'm not religious with weighing low calorie foods or logging small bites here or there. I wanted to make this something sustainable so I set my goal lower to account for those additional calories without driving myself nuts trying to be meticuious in my logging. I eat mostly whole foods, meat, fish, full fat dairy and veggies. I've found that wheat really bothers my stomach so I try to avoid it. I think eating whatever makes your body feel good while meeting your macros is the way to go with diet though. Those are just the kind of foods i've found make me feel best. If you want workout specifics Anna add me as a friend. Though I dont usually log specific weights and stuff (I use another app for that), I generally do log what exercises I do most days.
  • pislari_poljnamd
    pislari_poljnamd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Omg ladies! You rock!!!!
    X
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Updated picture:

10 months after baby
    vs a year of lifting heavy - I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than do cardio...though the occasional run does happen

hhev30r6h42r.jpg

Oh my gawsh! There is freaking hope for me!!!!!!!!!!

You have inspired me like crazy!!!!!
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    cld111 wrote: »
    psych101 wrote: »
    Updated picture:

10 months after baby
    vs a year of lifting heavy - I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than do cardio...though the occasional run does happen

hhev30r6h42r.jpg

Soooo...I'll be lifting now. You look FABULOUS! (You ALL do!) Best thread ever!

Ditto! Just sent this to my husband and was like, "Hun! There is hope for me!!!! We NEED weights!"
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Good morning amazing ladies! I'm just starting to incorporate more weights into my week....previously have been doing more combat/bodypump/spinning classes only, but at almost 45, am wanting to up the ante a bit. Have had a peek at some of these posts and there are definitely some inspiring pictures. I'm 5ft 4 and 163lbs so not expecting to lose lbs as such, but do want to attack those bits that have decided that "middle age" is approaching fast!!

I'll be reading through more posts in my lunchbreak.....and very much looking forward to it! Thanks already :)