lol @ eating donuts

Options

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You should all meet back in 50 years. That's the ultimate test of fitness (independent of genetic fitness). Longevity.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat donuts. I save the calories for the really important things.
    Like ice cream and brownies, and bread pudding. And wine.

Sincerely,
    Getting leaner everyday.

probably losing muscle mass more than fat

Do you understand the meaning of "leaner"? I've used that word on purpose.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat donuts. I save the calories for the really important things.
    Like ice cream and brownies, and bread pudding. And wine.

Sincerely,
    Getting leaner everyday.

probably losing muscle mass more than fat

Why would you assume that?
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Hey there Fish, just wanted to say that I agree with you completely. So many people here are taking about IIFYM as an excuse to poison their bodies, not carrying about micro nutrients or long term health impact so long as they can keep putting poptarts and whatever else in their mouths. It's sad that instead of bettering themselves they're just falling victim to the same habits that made them overweight to begin with.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hey there Fish, just wanted to say that I agree with you completely. So many people here are taking about IIFYM as an excuse to poison their bodies, not carrying about micro nutrients or long term health impact so long as they can keep putting poptarts and whatever else in their mouths. It's sad that instead of bettering themselves they're just falling victim to the same habits that made them overweight to begin with.

Straw man is straw man.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,683 Member
    Options
    and a lot of people have cancer, so there ya go. bump this thread in 20 years after ive been eating fruits, vegetables, and lean meat and youve been eating donuts and gelato we'll see
    20 years older than you now. And eating Mcdonald's and Taco Bell once a week. Cancer? Nope, still a Capricorn.:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Pfft the guy is doing a test. I'm looking forward to the results, personally!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

dunno how to delete posts so i just erased it and put a "."
    ha
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I love it when men who can easily eat 2500+ cals a day and still make their goals argue about who is morally superior re: eating donuts.

Y'all can come over and eat the donuts on my kitchen counter, I can hear them laughing at me while I type.

I am a woman and I don't eat 2500+ but I still eat donuts so.....
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Troll_in_the_dungeon!.gif
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I love it when men who can easily eat 2500+ cals a day and still make their goals argue about who is morally superior re: eating donuts.

Y'all can come over and eat the donuts on my kitchen counter, I can hear them laughing at me while I type.

I am a woman and I don't eat 2500+ but I still eat donuts so.....

Yes, I used to also. But now that I am 15 pounds away from goal it's no donuts for me, most of the time, unless I give up something else. (Like say, wine. No way.) Looking forward to maintenance calories.

Anyway, donuts, yum. Wish they fit my macros because I would totally hit that.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...because I heard there were doughnuts in here...

...and steroids...

...and poptarts.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    In...

...and steroids...

...and poptarts.

Solid reasons
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    In...

...and steroids...

...and poptarts.

lol
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    09JPlVx.jpg
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Hits protein and fat around 1200 calorie mark. Hits micros around the same point. Has 500 calories left to go.

Eats donuts and gelato.

Continues to get less fat.

Mind=blown?

no, youre insides are probably garbage and and all the artificial stuff in that will give you cancer. long term health will be terrible.

Cancer huh? Bold claim bro; i assume you have some manner of evidence (Perferably a peer reviewed long term study) that shows a link between gelato/donuts and cancer.

I'll wait.

i suppose you have one that doesnt?

When one makes a claim the burden of proof is on them.

so i'll take that as a no.

eric helms has money to be made off his statements as he is a coach, theres also the word "may" in most of his work. like nothing is for sure but it "may" work like this

I would suggest you take it as a "When one makes a claim the burden of proof if on them."

I don't have to prove anything because I'm not the one making outrageous claims about diet/'artificial stuff' in food causing cancer.

and a lot of people have cancer, so there ya go. bump this thread in 20 years after ive been eating fruits, vegetables, and lean meat and youve been eating donuts and gelato we'll see

I know a total of 2 people that have gotten cancer. My uptight grandmother, whom will lecture you for hours if you even think about eating something with HFCS, BHA, BHT, etc ... let alone touch it herself. She has eaten all organic her whole life, fresh herbs from her own garden, never eaten/drank a single bit of "junk" food, never touched alcohol or cigarettes and died of lung cancer.
    Second, my neice. 18 months old. Fed freshly pureed vegetables and fruit from the garden and mother's breast milk and not a drop of anything else. Want to explain where she got that donut that killed her?
  • reddaddie
    reddaddie Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hits protein and fat around 1200 calorie mark. Hits micros around the same point. Has 500 calories left to go.

Eats donuts and gelato.

Continues to get less fat.

Mind=blown?

no, youre insides are probably garbage and and all the artificial stuff in that will give you cancer. long term health will be terrible.

Cancer huh? Bold claim bro; i assume you have some manner of evidence (Perferably a peer reviewed long term study) that shows a link between gelato/donuts and cancer.

I'll wait.

i suppose you have one that doesnt?

When one makes a claim the burden of proof is on them.

so i'll take that as a no.

eric helms has money to be made off his statements as he is a coach, theres also the word "may" in most of his work. like nothing is for sure but it "may" work like this

I would suggest you take it as a "When one makes a claim the burden of proof if on them."

I don't have to prove anything because I'm not the one making outrageous claims about diet/'artificial stuff' in food causing cancer.

Eule Gibbons died of cancer "ever eat a pine tree, many parts are edible"
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I know a total of 2 people that have gotten cancer. My uptight grandmother, whom will lecture you for hours if you even think about eating something with HFCS, BHA, BHT, etc ... let alone touch it herself. She has eaten all organic her whole life, fresh herbs from her own garden, never eaten/drank a single bit of "junk" food, never touched alcohol or cigarettes and died of lung cancer.
    Second, my neice. 18 months old. Fed freshly pureed vegetables and fruit from the garden and mother's breast milk and not a drop of anything else. Want to explain where she got that donut that killed her?
    [/quote]

That's sad, poor little thing
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Thank you OP, for serving to highlight people who have no idea what they're talking about. :) You do us a great service

647.gif

Hope you enjoyed your breakfast yesterday. :P
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    While I also tire of the IIFYM crowd posting as if they live off junk food and posting pics of ridiculously high calorie foods, I do not for one second believe that all I need to do is eat 5 meals a day that are low fat, moderate carbs and high protein and my abs will magically look like the OP's.