Push gift

Options
12346»

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    A push gift? I was lucky to get a ride to the hospital, he was tired and had to find his sammich before we could go :laugh:
    Sounds about right... Cant be driving to the hospital sleepy and without a sammich

I had my son when I was half dead and I didn't have a sammich...
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    A push gift? I was lucky to get a ride to the hospital, he was tired and had to find his sammich before we could go :laugh:
    Sounds about right... Cant be driving to the hospital sleepy and without a sammich

He tried to make up for it a few months later, handed me the phone number of one of his clients that owned a jewelry store so I could tell her what I wanted....swoon....so romantic :ohwell:
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I think it's some weird competitive Pinterest phenomenon, myself... another way to show everyone what an absolutely perfect life and perfect husband you have... I can just imagine the tweets and facebook updates now.

Oh, and don't forget to arrange to have a friend with an almost-professional-photography business come to the birth so they can stage a family photo shoot immediately after the baby emerges and right before the cord is cut. You should probably wear an outfit that coordinates with your wife's hospital gown and the nurses' scrubs so the photos will come out perfect.

I hope your wife has been saving mason jars, toilet paper tubes, corks and burlap sacks since she found out that she's pregnant. I'm sure that she'll want to use her time in between contractions to whip up some wonderful crafts and baby announcements during the downtime.

After the baby arrives, all your friends can rush into the delivery room with a pot-luck array of semi-homemade treats and cocktails and you can present the push present while everyone oohs and ahhs over your fabulous taste in jewelry. You should probably call ahead to let the nurses know your color-scheme so they can decorate the delivery suite accordingly.

I'm pretty sure that the doctor will even okay some labor-inducing drugs so you can send out invitations with the correct date and time of your fabulous birth day.

But, seriously, if you feel in your heart that you should get your wife a gift, by all means do so. But I do think it plays into the whole mama-drama competitive thing. The whole social media pregnancy is just as bad as the modern bridezilla phenomenon.

Bringing a beautiful baby into this world together is the greatest gift you could give to each other. Maybe you should focus on that for a day or so.

Save your money for diapers. LOL

I just love this answer! I'm tagging to re-read for more grins and giggles:)