Keyboard Warriors

Options

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Has it occurred to you that most of the skinny people on MFP weren't always skinny, and know a thing or two about successful weight loss?

Given the choice between listening to blunt successful people, and saccharine sweet supportive unsuccessful people, I know which choice I made.

Now I'm a blunt successful person too. Go figure.

No offence but I've NEVER seen you giving any advice on here. I could be wrong, please correct me if I am! Come to think of it, I've never seen any of the people posting on this thread giving any advice on here. Some of them post on a few threads but it wouldn't come under the heading of 'advice'. Perhaps y'all aren't as 'helpful' as you're claiming to be? Just putting it out there... more than happy to be proved wrong. :smile:

Not trawling through my post history to satisfy you, but here's one from today -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1124560-500lb-er-doing-eat-stop-eat
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I love it when you guys throw in the gifs and cake ,bacon type responses. Have nothing to do with the topic but is hilarious! LOL!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

Has it occurred to you that most of the skinny people on MFP weren't always skinny, and know a thing or two about successful weight loss?

Given the choice between listening to blunt successful people, and saccharine sweet supportive unsuccessful people, I know which choice I made.

No offence but I've NEVER seen you giving any advice on here. I could be wrong, please correct me if I am! Come to think of it, I've never seen any of the people posting on this thread giving any advice on here. Some of them post on a few threads but it wouldn't come under the heading of 'advice'. Perhaps y'all aren't as 'helpful' as you're claiming to be? Just putting it out there... more than happy to be proved wrong. :smile:

LOL....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1124534-calories-burnt-vs-1200

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1124521-how-do-you-deal-with-the-sudden-always-cold

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1124299-i-really-want-to-start-exercising

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1124333-setting-a-smaller-goal-to-avoid-losing-motivation

Just a small smattering from today. Are you for real?
  • sepulchura
    sepulchura Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    So...how about when people are asking for help DON'T berate them or call them liars just because their food diary doesn't look like yours and they are doing things DIFFERENTLY.

There are MANY ways to get the job done. If people are asking for help in SPECIFIC areas, don't leave comments berating their slow progress because they are doing it differently.

We are all here supposedly for the same reason. To be healthy.

We don't know each person's history...or personal struggles/issues that can interfere with weight loss.

Just because TODAY you are more motivated and handling it...doesn't mean you are perfect either.

The internet is a wild wild land where the best survivors have one trait in common: thick skin.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

Do you thread stalk all of us who have posted here that you can say that you haven't seen any helpful posts? I do offer helpful support when I can. I could list a handful of threads where I did such, but you could just as easily thread stalk me and find them myself. Warning though for anyone who tries. I have been very busy, and have done more playing with one-liners and such on the "fun" groups than I have posting in the main forums.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

Funny... If you click on his thread history... The one immediately prior to his post here seemed pretty helpful to me.
    Are you sure you meant NEVER?

The text in bold has just killed any credibility you may have had.

You've NEVER seen ANY of the people that are in this thread give advice?
    NEVER EVER?
    EVER?

Not even once?

Are you even ACTIVE on this site? Because if you were, then you clearly have severe blinders on.

It's an unfortunate side effect to putting users on ignore when she doesn't like their tone. She has bragged about it pretty openly before, being in a thread and not being able to read half of the responses because she is ignoring everyone.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Some days it is just tooooo easy to prove a point to myself.
    Good job everybody.
    Look at all the rude things people replied. And I wasn't even asking for help.
    Most of you assumed that i have been given advice but refused to listen to it without even knowingme.
    Some of yyou even made rude comments because I used the CAPS lock in random places b
    Really?

Toooo easy.

not to belabor this point (because to be honest, i am not too interested in arguing with anyone on here anymore), but wouldn't your comment above also be considered "rude"? the first two sentences clearly are sarcastic, with a hint of nastiness behind them... unless i'm mistaken... i could be mistaken... am i mistaken?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I love it when you guys throw in the gifs and cake ,bacon type responses. Have nothing to do with the topic but is hilarious! LOL!!!
    Here bacon and cake but no taco's I am ashamed.:sad:

baconexplosioncooked_zpsf7912877.png
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    ok, so I'm only in here because this is a silly thread and that's what I do. I generally do not give advice because I don't know what the **** I am talking about

At least this one's honest... :bigsmile:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

That's because you put all the helpful people on ignore.

QFT and cause he made the mcdouble down...
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    ok, so I'm only in here because this is a silly thread and that's what I do. I generally do not give advice because I don't know what the **** I am talking about

yes. I am honest. I am here to **** around and for the cat gifs. oh, and also because I learn a lot from others. because they give good advice. not sure what your point is.

ps before you say you've never seen me ask any questions... that's because I know how to use this thing called the "search function." I know, it's a really well kept secret!
  • sypop
    sypop Posts: 102 Member
    Options

im sad there is no tacos....
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

As opposed to being a really sloppy painter with a really big brush.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Don't worry folks. I brought the tacos. I hope there are enough to go around..

baked_tacos_1.jpg
  • dbanks80
    Options

chttp://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y533/stefcgreen/baconexplosioncooked_zpsf7912877.png[/img]

1040365&h=133&w=192&sz=22&tbnid=-krfVBqTD5YxGM:&tbnh=103&tbnw=148&zoom=1&usg=__jcp1VLaC9b7rxOjP2dsQge7yMu8=&docid=cblwtbUQk64msM&sa=X&ei=6u5qUtfmJ4aviAKomYDwDg&ved=0CDUQ9QEwAg
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    Fine since somebody asked me too...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1114936-is-my-workout-plan-good-someone-told-me-it-was-horrible?page=2 My second post on this page is the type of advice I was talking about.

If I am not being ignored already.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

When you do the google image search, it's helpful to just go to the "view image" link, and copy that url. Then you need to put it between teh i m g] (no spaces) .  Beware of the %20 s you may find as well.  They need to be replaced with spaces.  Hey Look I'm being helpful again.  It would look like this....2110498sgf9d9plap.gif Quote this to see it as it would need to be done.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I know how to use this thing called the "search function."

:heart:
  • dbanks80
    Options

When you do the google image search, it's helpful to just go to the "view image" link, and copy that url. Then you need to put it between teh i m g] (no spaces) .  Beware of the %20 s you may find as well.  They need to be replaced with spaces.  Hey Look I'm being helpful again.  It would look like this....2110498sgf9d9plap.gif Quote this to see it as it would need to be done.

Can you see my taco!!! LOL!!!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    You know, in all fairness, I've seen a few real pieces of work on here.

There was a thread last night where someone was having trouble with staying under his sugar and his title was "To much sugar". Several people replied mocking his poor grammar (since it should be "too much") and offered no actual help. Now, that is not cool …

But, for the most part, what most people here are saying is correct. Someone posts a thread asking for help. They get responses meant to help, that may lack a bit of tact (hey, I'm socially awkward, too :blushing:) but really have good advice. And the the OP whines/takes offense/ whatever because they didn't get what they wanted to hear, or because someone doesn't have perfect communication skills.

Example

Poster: I can't seem to lose weight. I'm eating X calories and exercising and I'm always hungry but the scale won't move
    R1: Are you sure X is the right calorie goal? Try setting to lose 1 lb per week and eating back exercise calories and see if it helps.
    R2: You might be eating more than you think. Do you log everything? Do you weigh? You'd be surprised at how calories can sneak in.
    Poster: you guys are mean. Why are you questioning my goals? How dare you suggest I'm lying about my food log. I thought we were here for support.

I see it over and over.

edit because I looked up the actual post
This discussion has been closed.