Keyboard Warriors

Options
123457»

Replies

• sypop
    sypop Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love it when you guys throw in the gifs and cake ,bacon type responses. Have nothing to do with the topic but is hilarious! LOL!!!
    Here bacon and cake but no taco's I am ashamed.:sad:

baconexplosioncooked_zpsf7912877.png

im sad there is no tacos....

Don't worry folks. I brought the tacos. I hope there are enough to go around..

baked_tacos_1.jpg

HOORAY!!!!!!! my friday is now complete
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I love it when you guys throw in the gifs and cake ,bacon type responses. Have nothing to do with the topic but is hilarious! LOL!!!

baked_tacos_1.jpg

Needs sour cream!
  • sypop
    Options
    and a dancing taco too :) this is now my favorite thread EVER!
  • sypop
    Options

baked_tacos_1.jpg

Needs sour cream!

and salsa
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    They just came out of the oven! You want the salsa and sour cream cold.
  • sypop
    Options
    They just came out of the oven! You want the salsa and sour cream cold.

this is true...but now that they are out of the oven its time to add it and eat them.....omg i am so having tacos for dinner lol
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Ask and you shall receive! :drinker:
  • sypop
    Options

Ask and you shall receive! :drinker:

:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    But, for the most part, what most people here are saying is correct. Someone posts a thread asking for help. They get responses meant to help, that may lack a bit of tact (hey, I'm socially awkward, too :blushing:) but really have good advice. And the the OP whines/takes offense/ whatever because they didn't get what they wanted to hear, or because someone doesn't have perfect communication skills.

I genuinely don't see it that way. The OPs may come on and post feeling a little defensive and nervous, granted... that's obvious but it's WEIGHT. It's a very personal topic and you know, can be hard to talk about. I can read a thread and pinpoint the moment when one of the people replying crosses the line - usually with sarcasm. Once that line is breached a couple more wade in. The OP calls them on it, fights back and then the gloves are off and becomes 'fun' for TWENTY people to attack ONE. I really don't like it. It doesn't sit well. If someone has poor communication skills then 'helping' others is really not the best use of their time. They think they're being helpful and someone's turning on them. A little self-reflection would not go amiss. It's important to be aware of our strengths and weaknesses.

At some point, it might be an idea for the 'helpers' to learn how to operate on 'receive' instead of 'transmit'. Repeated pleas to improve the community remain ignored and mocked. This is the fact of the matter.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

Has it occurred to you that most of the skinny people on MFP weren't always skinny, and know a thing or two about successful weight loss?

Given the choice between listening to blunt successful people, and saccharine sweet supportive unsuccessful people, I know which choice I made.

Now I'm a blunt successful person too. Go figure.

No offence but I've NEVER seen you giving any advice on here. I could be wrong, please correct me if I am! Come to think of it, I've never seen any of the people posting on this thread giving any advice on here. Some of them post on a few threads but it wouldn't come under the heading of 'advice'. Perhaps y'all aren't as 'helpful' as you're claiming to be? Just putting it out there... more than happy to be proved wrong. :smile:
    you could please point me toward your valuable and helpful advice?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Anyone?

Is it an 'either or', really? So people can EITHER have friendly, polite, encouraging replies OR honest feedback. They can't have both? Why?

Because it's the internet? :grumble:

There really is no reason that honest feedback has to be rude. And a lot of it here on MFP, frankly, is pretty rude. It's one thing to go Keyboard Nuke on a clown in the 19th sequel of a Paleo or CrossFit (or whatever) thread, it's another when it's clearly a person in some distress who equally clearly doesn't understand why things have gone off the rails.
    Thank you. :) people forget that you don't have to be an a**hole just because it is the internet.
    I've seen people become very discouraged and give up because some skinny *kitten* lifter tells them it only works if you do it MY way.

Care to point us to these threads, with these skinny assed lifters being 'my way is the only way that works'.
This discussion has been closed.