Is he hitting on me??

Options

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    He's trying to push the limits and see how you respond. He's doing it in a way where he can deny it though, making it hard to call him out. Sticky situation you got there Molly...

Pretty much agree...He is testing the waters. And your husband is a very understanding person.

Also, when I would get drunk and say something stupid, and someone asked me if I was drunk, 100% of the time my answer is "i'm not drunk, I've like 1 beer...k 2 beers (read 30)"

It's like we're one mind Ryry! Lol, but this is common. I am notorious for claiming I am not drunk when I am clearly being a stumbling assclown. I also do the "let me just close my eyes for 5 minutes," and it turns into 2 hours.

bahahaha...Pour me another beer...I just need to lie down...I'm ready...lets par....snoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • ryry_
    Options
    I remember when stuff like this happened in high school. I liked high school. High school was fun. I could do whatever I wanted.

You asked for pictures of married women's lady parts in high school? :wink:

You didn't?

We didn't have cell phones when I was in high school, just pagers. So I didn't really have the technology for it. :(

hahaha pagers. you're hilarious. what are pagers?

Kids these days
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I remember when stuff like this happened in high school. I liked high school. High school was fun. I could do whatever I wanted.

You didn't?

We didn't have cell phones when I was in high school, just pagers. So I didn't really have the technology for it. :(

They were like cellphones that you couldn't answer so all you had were a bunch of missed calls that you had to return. :laugh:

I am starting to get disappointed at how dumb you think I am. pls tune your sarcasm meter it just misfired.
  • TheSlorax
    Options

You didn't?

Kids these days

what is snapchat?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    It means you were really good at sex that one time even though you've forgotten about it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lulz.

Sometimes historical strange can be alluring, then you remember why it's historical.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    This is not a friendship on his part. You need to cut him off 100%. He's disrespecting your husband and your marriage.
  • ryry_
    Options

You didn't?

Kids these days

what is snapchat?

STILL waiting for my Friend request...or snapchat request...or whatever you call it
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I would shut this down quick like stop hanging out with him alone. Your married with kids if he can't respect that then move on.

Did I miss the kids part?

But yeah. Stop hanging out with him on his own - that is just encouraging him to push boundaries.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options

You didn't?

They were like cellphones that you couldn't answer so all you had were a bunch of missed calls that you had to return. :laugh:

I am starting to get disappointed at how dumb you think I am. pls tune your sarcasm meter it just misfired.

I am confused and after reading these posts i am still confused so i will just ask.

It appears you asked a question and this person gave a serious response. I don't think it sounds like the person was trying to insult you.

Or maybe you two are friends and i just don't get the joke? Oops.
    :flowerforyou:
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    your profile says one inspiration is "MILF status"

sounds like you can tick that goal off
  • TheSlorax
    Options
    so this is my serious response, sorry for the nonsense OP.

1. as for the first text, I am going to assume he was drunk. "I'm not drunk" usually means "I'm not THAT drunk" which usually means "I'm ****ing wasted." although "I'm driving" is a nice touch, I will use that sometime.

2. are you sure he wasn't just running through people who might be interested in going with him? could he have been inviting a few people and he texted "hot blonde" before you? maybe she answered back after you had already declined?

I don't know, the first seems kind of weird but I'm going to go with it being alcohol induced, and the second is not conclusive for me. I'm also really oblivious so I have no idea. it almost seems to me like your history together puts you on edge a little especially since your husband knows about it. could it be that you are overly on guard and so even the smallest inclinations that he may be into you make you uncomfortable? how often exactly do you hang out with him?
  • bohica36
    bohica36 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Next time he ask you out, reply as though the invitation was for both you and your husband. Say something like, "WE can't make it" or "let me see if my husband wants to".

Next time he wants a picture, send one with you and your husband.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

You didn't?

^this. Lol.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

You didn't?

I am confused and after reading these posts i am still confused so i will just ask.

It appears you asked a question and this person gave a serious response. I don't think it sounds like the person was trying to insult you.

She is just jealous.
  • TheSlorax
    Options

You didn't?

LOL! I was being sarcastic asking what pagers are, when I was in high school they had been obsolete for a long while. I know he wasn't trying to insult me. :smile:
  • TheSlorax
    Options

You didn't?

She is just jealous.

.... of polaroid nudes and pagers? you old people are weird
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options

(I don't know if this is relevant, but also 2 nights ago I was out jogging alone and I finished my run right across the street from his apartment. I called to see if he was home, and I went in to his place and got some water and hung out with him and watched an episode of The Office then he gave me a ride home. My husband was aware of all of this.)

You don't know if this is relevant? Really?

Yes, it's relevant. He probably takes it as a thinly veiled excuse to hang out with him alone. How did that phone conversation go? "Yeah, I just finished my run and it just happens to be in front of your apartment . . . mind if I come in?"

I would definitely take that as heavy flirting on your part.

This. Time to stop 'hanging out' with this individual.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    (I don't know if this is relevant, but also 2 nights ago I was out jogging alone and I finished my run right across the street from his apartment. I called to see if he was home, and I went in to his place and got some water and hung out with him and watched an episode of The Office then he gave me a ride home. My husband was aware of all of this.)

This is totally relevant. I think that maybe the guy took this as you are interested in something more. I would quit going over there without your husband, especially in your cute workout clothes.
  • ngressman
    ngressman Posts: 229 Member
    Options

You don't know if this is relevant? Really?

Yes, it's relevant. He probably takes it as a thinly veiled excuse to hang out with him alone. How did that phone conversation go? "Yeah, I just finished my run and it just happens to be in front of your apartment . . . mind if I come in?"

I would definitely take that as heavy flirting on your part.

This. Time to stop 'hanging out' with this individual.
    Ditto
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Really great responses so far, guys, thanks. I haven't read everything yet, I'm still working through them. I'll answer any specific questions as I get to them!

Thanks again!