Is he hitting on me??

Options

Replies

• SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    He probably wants to see if there is anything there. You may have seen it as one drunken night of sex that you want to forget and move on from, and he may be pretending he feels the same, but he really wants it again.
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options

Btw, I still don't get why he gave you a ride home when you said he lives down the block from you?

Only because I had finished my run, ending up about three miles from home and it was getting late and kinda cold. Pretty legit reasons, or at least seemed so at the time :/

Hi Molly!
    Sorry to say, but I do think there have been some mixed signals along the way.
    This last bit strikes me as quite odd. Though it may have been subconscious, and totally innocent, I find myself questioning why your run would end three miles from home & right in front of his apartment.

Either way, you feel like boundaries have been crossed and it needs to be addressed. Whether or not your husband is 100% trusting and nonchalant about the situation, YOU have to be comfortable with it and it doesn't sound like you are.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Only because I had finished my run, ending up about three miles from home and it was getting late and kinda cold. Pretty legit reasons, or at least seemed so at the time :/

Hold on a minute. Does he live three miles from you or "just down the street" from you like you say in the OP?
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If I was your husband, I'd be going round to have a chat with him by now.

This is what I thought, wtf kinda husband just says "meh" to all this....

Lol, inorite? The kind of husband that is so secure in his marriage that it just doesn't concern him. Yeah I think it's odd, but im not going to TRY to get him upset about it, ha. That wouldn't solve anything. And if he was pissy, he wouldn't be able to discuss the situation objectivity with me, and thats somethinge I really value.

Dont put words in my mouth. I never said to try to get him upset. How do you know hes not already upset bcuz of your actions, your attitude seems to indicate that you dont think this is a big deal, fine. Then go about your business and dont post this **** in the forums of you dont want honest opinions.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

Whipped?
    Hitting strange on the side?
    A quid pro quo type... "You did this, so I shall do this..."
    Neutered?
    Ign'ant?
    Gay?
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    He's hitting on you and you're hitting on him....if it's all good with everyone, no need to fret about it
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an odd story.

To be honest, I have no advice other than talk to your friend - on neutral ground, though.

He's been your friend for years and if he has never acted like this before then I think you should find out his reasons before telling him where to go. If he says anything that makes you feel uncomfortable then tell him so and that if it carries on it will jeopardize your friendship. You are both adults, I'm sure you can sort it out.

On a side note, I really despise it when women refer to themselves as 'skanks' just because they had a one-night stand. :huh:

Ok...thanks for sharing. I guess.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options

Btw, I still don't get why he gave you a ride home when you said he lives down the block from you?

Hi Molly!
    Sorry to say, but I do think there have been some mixed signals along the way.
    This last bit strikes me as quite odd. Though it may have been subconscious, and totally innocent, I find myself questioning why your run would end three miles from home & right in front of his apartment.

Either way, you feel like boundaries have been crossed and it needs to be addressed. Whether or not your husband is 100% trusting and nonchalant about the situation, YOU have to be comfortable with it and it doesn't sound like you are.

I WAS totally comfortable with it, until I started realizing that he might be creeping on me. ZERO problems before. I actually always run in the direction of his apartment. It's well-lit and well-trafficked, safe, and I like the scenery. This was the first ( and ONLY time, believe me) that I ever stopped by. I can totally see how this could be mixed signals if I did stiff like that frequently, but it was a one time thing. I really didn't think he's be THAT dumb to think it meant anything.

Yikes, if he IS that dumb, I just need to never speak to him ever again, cause the thought of him moving in on me totally makes my skin crawl. :noway:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

Whipped?
    Neutered?
    Ign'ant?
    Gay?

or he could have a swinger fantasy or at least a voyeur fantasy.

And of course youre an intelligent woman you know the answer from your friend. I'm sure he often fantasizes about you and that night.

Your two choices are you blow it off and tell him you love him like a brother but he needs to back the F off, or you let this relationship die
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options

Hold on a minute. Does he live three miles from you or "just down the street" from you like you say in the OP?

Both, actually. It IS "just down the street", literally on the same road as us, just 2.7 miles (I GoogleMapped it) away. I usually run about there, then loop back home.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options

Lol, inorite? The kind of husband that is so secure in his marriage that it just doesn't concern him. Yeah I think it's odd, but im not going to TRY to get him upset about it, ha. That wouldn't solve anything. And if he was pissy, he wouldn't be able to discuss the situation objectivity with me, and thats somethinge I really value.

Dont put words in my mouth. I never said to try to get him upset. How do you know hes not already upset bcuz of your actions, your attitude seems to indicate that you dont think this is a big deal, fine. Then go about your business and dont post this **** in the forums of you dont want honest opinions.

:indifferent:

WOAH....what??

I was actually agreeing with you... I wasn't suggesting you were telling me to get him mad...I mentioned it because I was outlining an alternative to my husband being "meh" about it, and expressing gratitude that he is NOT upset about the situation. What "attitude" are you referring to? Are you upset because I'm making light of the situation? I really do not understand your response, you sound nuts.

Are you hungry or something? :huh: Here's a sandwich.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options

Whipped?
    Neutered?
    Ign'ant?
    Gay?

Aaaaaaaand THERE'S the inevitable attack on my husband. I'm actually surprised it took 5 whole pages to get there. Knew it had to happen sooner or later!! Lol, you silly MPF.

confetti.gif
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options

Whipped?
    Neutered?
    Ign'ant?
    Gay?

And of course youre an intelligent woman you know the answer from your friend. I'm sure he often fantasizes about you and that night.

Your two choices are you blow it off and tell him you love him like a brother but he needs to back the F off, or you let this relationship die

Wise words. Duly noted.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options
    He's hitting on you and you're hitting on him....if it's all good with everyone, no need to fret about it

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, NO. I have never done anything that two platonic friends don't normally occasionally do. (Not since getting drunk with him that is, lol) He is the one extending the inappropriate advances.

Thanks for the insightful advice, though, it was...........awesome.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    This is NOT how he usually speaks to me. He's never sent a text like that.
    I ended up not answering that one, and it never came up in conversation. Whether he was forgot about it or was embarrassed, or it was meant for someone else, I couldn't say.
    Maybe someone got hold of his cell phone and/or is playing a prank with caller ID spoofing? The latter doesn't explain carrying on a conversation, so access to the phone might have happened. I would just straight up ask him since you're friends -- hey buddy, wth?
  • dbmata
    Options

Whipped?
    Neutered?
    Ign'ant?
    Gay?

Hahaha, possibly. Or she's just not being honest with him as well.

What I'm really digging is that the OP is full on, cake and eat it. She has one dude fawning all over her, and ready to roll at any time. Plus, she's married, so she already has the Plan A in process.

It's rather clever.
  • dbmata
    Options

Whipped?
    Neutered?
    Ign'ant?
    Gay?

Wise words. Duly noted.

Of course because it patted you on the head instead of just laying things out there.

Listen, we all finally understand how awesome you are. Your husband lets you do what ever you want, because you're just so amazing and trustworthy... yet, you're basically dating another dude who you've already given the goods to.

Let's be honest here Mrs. Antoinette, who exactly in this story is the cake that shall be eaten? :D
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Ok. The text sounds like he might have sent that to you in error. I have done that numerous times. He might not have realized it because you didn't respond with the normal "Whaaat?" and just asked 'how drunk are you?'

As for the burlesque show, you might have actually been his back up plan in case the hot blond couldn't go with him.

He could also be intentionally pushing the limits on your friendship to see whether or not your relationship with your husband is as good as it seems and maybe there is a little bit of him wanting to see if you'll actually stray. I say bring up the past two incidents with him and tell him you were uncomfortable with it and ask what's going on. If it continues then call him out on it again and tell him that if he keeps it up you're going to have to sever the friendship no questions asked. I would also talk to your husband and just let him know that this friend is making you feel uncomfortable and ask him what he thinks you should do.

And yes, it IS nice to be loved by your husband and admired by other men. There's really no harm in liking attention.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options

Whipped?
    Neutered?
    Ign'ant?
    Gay?

Wise words. Duly noted.

Of course because it patted you on the head instead of just laying things out there.

Listen, we all finally understand how awesome you are. Your husband lets you do what ever you want, because you're just so amazing and trustworthy... yet, you're basically dating another dude who you've already given the goods to.

Let's be honest here Mrs. Antoinette, who exactly in this story is the cake that shall be eaten? :D

Hmmm, now I'm really wondering who burned you in a past relationship to make you spew such aggressive vitriol at a complete stranger, who is not, as you claim "full on cake and eat it". I'm not sure where you got the idea that I am "dating" this friend, or that he is "fawning" over me.

I am ALL FOR things being "laid out" for me, as long as they are accurate. You're jumping to all sorts of wild conclusions, like

1. I enjoy the more-than-friendship attention I'm getting from the friend (untrue. It makes my skin crawl, to be perfectly honest)
    2. my husband must be gay (hilarious)
    3. I am purposely hiding things from my husband. (tell him every detail, the moment it happens)

I'm sorry she was such a b**** to you. I hope you get over her one day and learn to love again.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options
    Ok. The text sounds like he might have sent that to you in error. I have done that numerous times. He might not have realized it because you didn't respond with the normal "Whaaat?" and just asked 'how drunk are you?'

As for the burlesque show, you might have actually been his back up plan in case the hot blond couldn't go with him.

He could also be intentionally pushing the limits on your friendship to see whether or not your relationship with your husband is as good as it seems and maybe there is a little bit of him wanting to see if you'll actually stray. I say bring up the past two incidents with him and tell him you were uncomfortable with it and ask what's going on. If it continues then call him out on it again and tell him that if he keeps it up you're going to have to sever the friendship no questions asked. I would also talk to your husband and just let him know that this friend is making you feel uncomfortable and ask him what he thinks you should do.

And yes, it IS nice to be loved by your husband and admired by other men. There's really no harm in liking attention.

Thank you, that is what I'm going to do. I'm going to bring it up with him and say it's making me uncomfortable.

And I absolutely do NOT enjoy the added attention--I mean girls like to be admired, but NOT from him TRUST me. Just....NO. Let's just get that cleared right up! lol.