Is he hitting on me??

Options

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    yea honestly...I am not in the best of conditions to give advice...but his intentions are not honorable
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    This dude is totally going the tune. Tell him to cut that **** out. For some reason he thinks you're keen on him, and if you don't clarify that you're not he will probably get all petulant about it in the end... some blokes are dumb as shovels. You have to spell it out to him.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    He is no longer your supervisor? Spell it out anyway you chose. He is. My office is 90% women, some of them I have known for almost 20 years, and consider them friends. We have had kids, and seen them grow up. Some of them were starting school when we met, and are now having babies of their own. I would NEVER ask them to do the things that he has asked you to do. I would feel more comfortable asking them for a kidney, than the things you stated.
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    He's just horny. You on the otherhand, start putting out some vibes of your own!! Like talking about how wonderful your husband is, how sexy, how gorgeous, how perfect he is for you..etc.

Otherwise, get a new friend.
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    STOP IT!

I don't normally say things this strongly. This person/friend should not be in your life. Not if you want to remain married to your husband.

Stop the dinners
    Stop the texting
    Stop running with him
    Stop spending time with him

STOP
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    yea honestly...I am not in the best of conditions to give advice...but his intentions are not honorable

He's only had one or 2 beers and isn't that drunk. :wink:
  • myprana
    myprana Posts: 66
    Options
    When he asked for the pic, was he hanging out with anyone? I have a relative who thinks it's the funniest thing to take a friend's phone and text *kitten*. Maybe it was someone playing a prank? Off chance, but it happens. Talking to your friend about the incident is really the only way to know for sure, and if you don't feel relaxed enough to ask him openly, what kind of friendship is that?

Regarding the burlesque show, any chance that he already had the date with the blonde lined up and he was asking if you wanted to tag along since it sounded like a group thing with his co-workers being there too? You said you're deeply religious, are you known for being modest about sexuality and maybe he was asking in a joking manner? Did he also invite your husband? If not, is that normal for him to invite only you to events?

LOL, I swear I didn't start out with so many questions in my head. Just trying to gain insight. Talk to your friend about all this. You (and your husband) need to know this guy's intentions. This is not a risk you want to take with your marriage.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

They were like cellphones that you couldn't answer so all you had were a bunch of missed calls that you had to return. :laugh:

Exactly! I just recently taught a dinosaur friend of mine to text. He constantly says "paged." Cracks me up.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    When he asked for the pic, was he hanging out with anyone? I have a relative who thinks it's the funniest thing to take a friend's phone and text *kitten*. Maybe it was someone playing a prank? Off chance, but it happens. Talking to your friend about the incident is really the only way to know for sure, and if you don't feel relaxed enough to ask him openly, what kind of friendship is that?

Regarding the burlesque show, any chance that he already had the date with the blonde lined up and he was asking if you wanted to tag along since it sounded like a group thing with his co-workers being there too? You said you're deeply religious, are you known for being modest about sexuality and maybe he was asking in a joking manner? Did he also invite your husband? If not, is that normal for him to invite only you to events?

LOL, I swear I didn't start out with so many questions in my head. Just trying to gain insight. Talk to your friend about all this. You (and your husband) need to know this guy's intentions. This is not a risk you want to take with your marriage.

This is pretty much where I'm at. Also, if there is a misunderstanding, you're losing out on a friendship. I will say that I have a friend who has sent me probably five texts meant for the person below me on her contacts list...nothing weird or sexual, but just not intended for me. Anyhow, better for all of you if you clear the air. Then you can make the right decision for your circumstances.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Something isn't right here. If a 'friend' of mine asked for pictures of me and we were 'friends' for a long time, I would ask that friend' what their intentions were. If you are not good enough friends to have that discussion, then you don't need him in your life and you should stop seeing him alone.

That has nothing to do with the sexual tension or lack there of, it is to do with that fact that he has seen you naked and a good rule of thumb is to not speak to people you have had sex with when you are married.

Disclaimer: I realise there are exceptions to that rule.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    If I was your husband, I'd be going round to have a chat with him by now.

Anyway: guy sounds like a dirty rat - steer well clear. Why jeopardise your home arrangements by hanging out with this dude? Time to cut him loose!
  • davenporter
    davenporter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If a guy is interested, spending time with him will probably cause him to become more and more interested. Also, the idea of something or someone being "forbidden" can act as an attractant, rather than a deterrent. If you're going to spend time with him, why can't you bring your husband along?

I wouldn't be okay with my wife hanging out alone with any guy, and I would expect her to get upset if I were hanging out alone with any girl. I think girls can separate platonic from romantic better than guys in general. You may well have laid out your boundaries clearly, but the only thing that will convince him to stay away is if you stop meeting with him alone. Again, bring your husband or another friend along.
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options

This is what I thought, wtf kinda husband just says "meh" to all this....
  • angiebirdie
    angiebirdie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You have a really trusting husband. Either way, I think you need to talk to him because he is disrespecting you and your marriage. From what you've said, he sounds sketchy and is probably using you too. I'd tell him to stop making me feel uncomfortable, and then stay away.

Btw, I still don't get why he gave you a ride home when you said he lives down the block from you?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    STOP IT!

I don't normally say things this strongly. This person/friend should not be in your life. Not if you want to remain married to your husband.

Stop the dinners
    Stop the texting
    Stop running with him
    Stop spending time with him

STOP

This is the first time anything's culminated enough to be considered inappropriate, and as soon as it did, I pulled back immediately . Before this he was just any normal regular friend.

Im stupid for having a friend. Lol, ok, got it.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an odd story.

To be honest, I have no advice other than talk to your friend - on neutral ground, though.

He's been your friend for years and if he has never acted like this before then I think you should find out his reasons before telling him where to go. If he says anything that makes you feel uncomfortable then tell him so and that if it carries on it will jeopardize your friendship. You are both adults, I'm sure you can sort it out.

On a side note, I really despise it when women refer to themselves as 'skanks' just because they had a one-night stand. :huh:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options

Lol, inorite? The kind of husband that is so secure in his marriage that it just doesn't concern him. Yeah I think it's odd, but im not going to TRY to get him upset about it, ha. That wouldn't solve anything. And if he was pissy, he wouldn't be able to discuss the situation objectivity with me, and thats somethinge I really value.
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options

Without reading any of the responses, this is exactly what I thought before I read through some of the reactions.

Trust, honesty, jealousy, attraction, trashy white girl stuff...call it any way you like.

But if you were my wife, I would be having an immediate ~chat~ with said "friend," "old supervisor," again, call him anything you like. I am a one woman man, and totally expect my wife to be a one man woman. Anyone moving in our turf such as this would be politely asked to get dafuq out immediately.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

One that is confident in himself, his marriage and his wife and doesn't have an anger problem. Mine would only get involved if it turned into a serious problem.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    Options

Btw, I still don't get why he gave you a ride home when you said he lives down the block from you?

Only because I had finished my run, ending up about three miles from home and it was getting late and kinda cold. Pretty legit reasons, or at least seemed so at the time :/