To share or not to share your food journal

Options
1234568»

Replies

• TiaXL
    TiaXL Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I share mine because it is about me. I am accountable to me and all those that I let in are on the same path.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It depends so you want people to be honest with you and try to help? I like any feedback, if you have a bad day most people do not slam you for it they just ask if it is a bad day if they notice you are eating like crap then they might tell you you need to pay more attention. Most people support you if you get a friend that is cruel about it...delete them they are not doing you any good but an honest friend is.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I keep mine private because I have a horrible history of disordered eating. Thinking of opening my diary makes me feel pain and chaos, and I have had enough of that.

Maybe in my next life I will be able to let others online see what I eat. For now, I just don't need the trigger.
  • brraanndi
    brraanndi Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I share mine but i make sure that i add interesting friends, not judgy ones.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I think mine is public. I don't remember ever changing it to private...I doubt there are food journal stalkers out there anyway. And if there are, it doesn't really affect me.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I will be happy to share it if I ever have problems. But as is, I've been losing at a good pace and don't see the need to.

I'm just weird about what I like being public and online in general. Contrary to social media trends, I don't need everyone knowing everything about what's going on in my life.
  • Ackbersingh
    Ackbersingh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I share mine with my friends. Having to be accountable helps me and also for advise and any constructive comments. It's also nice to see what others are eating as it gives me ideas and motivation. I've got nothing to hide, I'm not perfect I will have good and bad days. As for the 'haters' I've never taken notice of them so why should I begin now ???? in saying that I have never had any negative comments ????
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I share mine - don't really care what people think about what I eat. I like to look at others who have been successful long-term in losing and keeping weight off to see what their maintenance diary looks like
  • ChazzyEvilKitty2014
    Options
    How do you share your diet info? I have the app on my phone and I always click complete diary, although I've noticed it doesn't post if I eat under 1200 calories?
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. If I need advice, having my journal closed doesn't help me. If someone sees a post of mine and is inspired or wants some meal ideas, they can check it out. It doesn't hurt me to keep it open. Sometimes I even have McDonald's. I'm not ashamed of what I eat and nobody's negative opinion of my food choices make a difference unless I asked for advice/opinions/help. I get that people don't want to share their diaries sometimes and that's fine, but if you ask for advice from other members on the forums or in your friend group, it's rude to keep it closed--open it temporarily or the only advice you'll get is to "open your diary" and "log everything accurately" and "drink more water." What else can be said to someone who wants personalized advice but won't open their diary?