I need help.

Options

Replies

• Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    wow.
    i just wanted some help about the cupcakes..

I already told you, use them to make a girl you're jealous of fat.

Well I hope you all feel good about yourselves, implying that my boyfriend doesn't love me and that i am some kind of pet. He is an amazing person and only wants the best for me.
    I am not the most disciplined person and he makes sure to keep me on track whenever he sees me eating something i shouldn't be eating, like french fries or ice cream. I never eat those around him.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    This thread started out a bit meh... but then it deteriorated into great entertainment.

I love you whierd... enough to want you to change absolutely everything about yourself!

What would you want me to change first?
    You need to lose about 20lbs, and your current reproductive system. I hope that's ok... cos you know you need some work, right?!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    wow.
    i just wanted some help about the cupcakes..

I already told you, use them to make a girl you're jealous of fat.

Well I hope you all feel good about yourselves, implying that my boyfriend doesn't love me and that i am some kind of pet. He is an amazing person and only wants the best for me.
    I am not the most disciplined person and he makes sure to keep me on track whenever he sees me eating something i shouldn't be eating, like french fries or ice cream. I never eat those around him.

I'm surprised he let you keep cupcakes in the house then. What would he think of you eating them?

:huh:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend cares very much about my health, but he would never say a word about my weight. Not in a million years.

Then he could be doing you a disservice. Why would he not want to tell you how to be more attractive for him?

I agree. In my relationship he strongly suggests my outfits, hair color, hair length (what guy doesn't make you have it long though, right ladies?) and I love that he's so outspoken so I can do my part in ensuring that he's not pushed into cheating.

So...you need to make yourself look how HE wants in order to be assured he won't cheat? So if you want to dye your hair a different color, and your man tells you no, it's end of discussion? And if you are completely healthy and of good weight, but happen to have curves, and he doesn't like them, what then? Get surgery to appease him? I mean after all, if you don't obey, he might just cheat!

HOW ABSOLUTELY UNHEALTHY. JESUS CHRIST.

The person you're with should be attracted to you in the first place, not slightly and then try to change you! There's a difference between them wanting you to be healthy and them wanting to change you! If you can't form your own opinions and answer to his demands even if you disagree, then you honestly have a problem. If you're happy living your life this way, fantastic. Go for it. But personally, it sounds to me like you're encouraging women to lose their self respect and follow someone else's guidelines for their appearance and thoughts.

I mean, what ever happened to couples talking things through and coming to an agreement, and not just accepting what they're told and being walked all over? And it's pretty scary that you'll change yourself just so he won't cheat. That's not commitment. You're like a pet.

Relationship shaming is NOT what MFP is about. You should support the OP. She is doing right by her boyfriend, giving him what he wants. Isn't that was relationships are all about?

We have different ideas about what a relationship means. I'm sure if she told her boyfriend his penis was too small and to grow it, he wouldn't be too excited, not only by her words, but also by what she's asking. If my gf told me to get breast implants or quit my job or do something I wasn't comfortable with, I wouldn't do it just to appease her. And the same goes for her; I wouldn't ask her to do something she didn't want to do, nor would I get mad. It's compromise and it's about discussion and finding middle ground, and most importantly, respecting yourself and the person you're with.

I know we are both talking to brick walls basically, as we have very different ideals. I'll get off this thread, and hope the cup cake crisis was averted and handled.

The size of a penis cannot be changed the way that weight, hair, and clothing can be changed. That is a ridiculous comparison. A fair one would be his weight, hair, and clothing.

You don't understand and this is why you aren't married.

Well buddy you don't have to worry because I'll be marrying her soon and would never make her change something about herself. She doesn't need to because i love her for who she is that's what love actually is.

You are just naive. Most 19 year olds are. You say she is perfect, but over the coming years you'll want to change things about her.

Just because everyone in your life seems to want to change you doesn't mean that's the case for everyone else

I have no one to want to change me, despite my willingness. It is life's cruel joke. :ohwell:

I'm willing to change for my husband but he seems oddly happy with me as is. Why won't he make me strive for perfection? Does he not love me?
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Well buddy you don't have to worry because I'll be marrying her soon and would never make her change something about herself. She doesn't need to because i love her for who she is that's what love actually is.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Good woman! Knows a strong woman when she sees one and isn't afraid to let her be who she is!

EDITED: Correct pronouns because I am a nuffy!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    This thread started out a bit meh... but then it deteriorated into great entertainment.

I love you whierd... enough to want you to change absolutely everything about yourself!

You need to lose about 20lbs, and your current reproductive system. I hope that's ok... cos you know you need some work, right?!

He's not home for another 2 days. But i know he would be angry with me.
  • Achrya
    Options

Good man! Knows a strong woman when he sees one and isn't afraid to let her be who she is!

Awkward
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend cares very much about my health, but he would never say a word about my weight. Not in a million years.

Then he could be doing you a disservice. Why would he not want to tell you how to be more attractive for him?

I agree. In my relationship he strongly suggests my outfits, hair color, hair length (what guy doesn't make you have it long though, right ladies?) and I love that he's so outspoken so I can do my part in ensuring that he's not pushed into cheating.

So...you need to make yourself look how HE wants in order to be assured he won't cheat? So if you want to dye your hair a different color, and your man tells you no, it's end of discussion? And if you are completely healthy and of good weight, but happen to have curves, and he doesn't like them, what then? Get surgery to appease him? I mean after all, if you don't obey, he might just cheat!

The person you're with should be attracted to you in the first place, not slightly and then try to change you! There's a difference between them wanting you to be healthy and them wanting to change you! If you can't form your own opinions and answer to his demands even if you disagree, then you honestly have a problem. If you're happy living your life this way, fantastic. Go for it. But personally, it sounds to me like you're encouraging women to lose their self respect and follow someone else's guidelines for their appearance and thoughts.

I mean, what ever happened to couples talking things through and coming to an agreement, and not just accepting what they're told and being walked all over? And it's pretty scary that you'll change yourself just so he won't cheat. That's not commitment. You're like a pet.

Relationship shaming is NOT what MFP is about. You should support the OP. She is doing right by her boyfriend, giving him what he wants. Isn't that was relationships are all about?

We have different ideas about what a relationship means. I'm sure if she told her boyfriend his penis was too small and to grow it, he wouldn't be too excited, not only by her words, but also by what she's asking. If my gf told me to get breast implants or quit my job or do something I wasn't comfortable with, I wouldn't do it just to appease her. And the same goes for her; I wouldn't ask her to do something she didn't want to do, nor would I get mad. It's compromise and it's about discussion and finding middle ground, and most importantly, respecting yourself and the person you're with.

I know we are both talking to brick walls basically, as we have very different ideals. I'll get off this thread, and hope the cup cake crisis was averted and handled.

The size of a penis cannot be changed the way that weight, hair, and clothing can be changed. That is a ridiculous comparison. A fair one would be his weight, hair, and clothing.

You are just naive. Most 19 year olds are. You say she is perfect, but over the coming years you'll want to change things about her.

Just because everyone in your life seems to want to change you doesn't mean that's the case for everyone else

I have no one to want to change me, despite my willingness. It is life's cruel joke. :ohwell:

I'm willing to change for my husband but he seems oddly happy with me as is. Why won't he make me strive for perfection? Does he not love me?

I would get ahead of this situation and just break up.

Lack of interest in the well being of the significant other is the first warning sign of a failing relationship
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Good man! Knows a strong woman when he sees one and isn't afraid to let her be who she is!

Awkward

ah **** there I go again! I did mean woman and she! Sorry I'm on autopilot! Thanks for the pickup :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

I am not into guys, but that was really sweet. :)
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Love, actually is an awful movie.

ok this is just too far
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Came here because I'm binging tonight and was looking for my own motivation. I once had someone say to me, "Do you want them to go to waste or to waist? You decide." I hope this helps.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Lack of interest in the well being of the significant other is the first warning sign of a failing relationship

I agree. The moment he stops wanting to change you is the moment he's distracted by other more exciting things, like video games and stuff - which is sad and sure to push you apart even further.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    starving kids are here in America too, but eating them wont put food in their mouths only more fat on your hips. Eat what you want but always count the calories. WHen you eat blindly and don't count the calories then you its a neverending and downward spiral. You know darn well that you don't need to eat every cupcake just because. Give them away. Do they also have frosting on them? hmm. you can have anything you want to eat on this plan but you do have to count the caloires, if not then you are just wasting your time ( and ours with this post seeing as how you already know the answer)
  • Achrya
    Options
    Love, actually is an awful movie.

ok this is just too far

I meant every word.
  • Achrya
    Options

I agree. The moment he stops wanting to change you is the moment he's distracted by other more exciting things, like video games and stuff - which is sad and sure to push you apart even further.

He has been playing a lot of Arkham origins lately...Oh no.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Video games are way more interesting than hair colour or weight. I bet my +1 is at home playing Bioshock Infinite right now, just waiting for me to come home and yell 'MY TURN' and boot him off :ohwell:
  • kinkykiddo
    Options
    Yes, everyone needs a break once in a while. Some people have cheat meals, some people have cheat days. But there's a difference between a cheat/break and 10 days of eating anything and everything non-stop as you say you have been. You do not need that extra 4 3/4 cupcakes. If you want to worry about the children in Africa who are starving, donate money or send a package to them somehow. Raise awareness. Don't use them as an excuse to eat junk food. Throwing them away isn't making anything worse for starving people anywhere, and eating them will have the same amount of impact.. none.

If I may make another suggestion in addition to just tossing them and getting the temptation away (though giving them to friends/family/coworkers is also a great idea), why do you need to start tomorrow? Start now. Saying "I'll start tomorrow" is just an excuse. There's no reason not to start now. The only thing(s) standing between you starting now and you starting tomorrow or the next day or the day after that, is the cupcakes and all the other food you choose not to exercise your will power on avoiding.

All the best.
  • KirbyT16
    KirbyT16 Posts: 411
    Options

Video games are way more interesting than hair colour or weight. I bet my +1 is at home playing Bioshock Infinite right now, just waiting for me to come home and yell 'MY TURN' and boot him off :ohwell:

Sounds like my relationship. This time around I made him preorder his own xbox and I preordered the PS4 so we wouldn't have to fight over it.

Loved reading the posts I missed while I was sleeping :)
  • cdgirl
    cdgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have been told before that even if you do eat them,those children in Africa won't be any better off.It's a new day you can start fresh but don't beat yourself up for giving in this last time.Just try not to get into the habit.