I need help.

Options
12345679»

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    tumblr_maq610BpFq1qakrdzo6_250_zpsf86c5d8e.gif

I do actually. My boyfriend asked me to lose another 15-20 pounds.

:huh: I can think of something other than cupcakes you might want to throw out...

That is offensive.

Your boyfriend asked you to lose more weight and you find THIS offensive?

*sigh*

Does the fact that he wants me to look good for him make him a bad person?

If that's you in your pic, you look mighty damn fine already. Where are you going to find 15 to 20 lbs to lose FROM?
  • CapeCodSheila
    CapeCodSheila Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am very impressed that one of those cupcakes was only 1/4 eaten. Send them to the poor, unappreciated birds at the dump. No one ever thinks of them
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    My boyfriend cares very much about my health, but he would never say a word about my weight. Not in a million years.

Then he could be doing you a disservice. Why would he not want to tell you how to be more attractive for him?

I agree. In my relationship he strongly suggests my outfits, hair color, hair length (what guy doesn't make you have it long though, right ladies?) and I love that he's so outspoken so I can do my part in ensuring that he's not pushed into cheating.

Congrats, you win the internet!!
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    My boyfriend cares very much about my health, but he would never say a word about my weight. Not in a million years.

Then he could be doing you a disservice. Why would he not want to tell you how to be more attractive for him?

I agree. In my relationship he strongly suggests my outfits, hair color, hair length (what guy doesn't make you have it long though, right ladies?) and I love that he's so outspoken so I can do my part in ensuring that he's not pushed into cheating.

So...you need to make yourself look how HE wants in order to be assured he won't cheat? So if you want to dye your hair a different color, and your man tells you no, it's end of discussion? And if you are completely healthy and of good weight, but happen to have curves, and he doesn't like them, what then? Get surgery to appease him? I mean after all, if you don't obey, he might just cheat!

HOW ABSOLUTELY UNHEALTHY. JESUS CHRIST.

The person you're with should be attracted to you in the first place, not slightly and then try to change you! There's a difference between them wanting you to be healthy and them wanting to change you! If you can't form your own opinions and answer to his demands even if you disagree, then you honestly have a problem. If you're happy living your life this way, fantastic. Go for it. But personally, it sounds to me like you're encouraging women to lose their self respect and follow someone else's guidelines for their appearance and thoughts.

I mean, what ever happened to couples talking things through and coming to an agreement, and not just accepting what they're told and being walked all over? And it's pretty scary that you'll change yourself just so he won't cheat. That's not commitment. You're like a pet.

No need to drag Jesus into this. It was clear she was being sarcastic. (We SO need a rolly-eye smiley)
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I have been doing pretty good on my weighloss journey but for the past 10 days or so I ate everything and anything. Too much of everything and anything.I am not too upset about it because we all need a break once in a while.

I have decided that tomorrow i get back on track. However, I have 4 and 3 quarters chocolate cupcakes left in my fridge. Should i eat them tonight? I am a little worried about the sugar. I don't really want to throw them away because of starving children in Africa.

Help?

I think you know the answer. Through them out. Children in Africa don't want cupcakes, they want goats and chickens. I know, my Mom lives in Africa and sees these starving kids. They don't care about the cupcakes, so don't sabotage yourself thinking that they are worth keeping.
    I had this complex for a long time. I learned that although there are starving kids in the world, overeating isn't going to help them out at all.
    So toss those babies and get back on track, your future self will thank you for it.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Out of all posts in a forum ever, this may be the most painful to read.

I worry about humanity.

OH MY GOD, I was thinking this the more I read, I just about died.

I feel horrible for the OP, because I think she is lacking self love, and needs a BF that isn't a **** head.
    I also feel sad that this thread is so huge over some f-ing cupcakes. Wow, I gave a serious response, then I read more and more and I just can't even wrap my head around this anymore.

First world problems huh?
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I ate the cupcakes and cried, reading through this thread.

Think of all the salt you purged with those refreshing, cleansing tears! Good job, this will all balance out.
  • iSpeakLife
    iSpeakLife Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Take them to work or church - that's what I did with my brownies after I got my fix!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    wow, talk about online bullying
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

So...you need to make yourself look how HE wants in order to be assured he won't cheat? So if you want to dye your hair a different color, and your man tells you no, it's end of discussion? And if you are completely healthy and of good weight, but happen to have curves, and he doesn't like them, what then? Get surgery to appease him? I mean after all, if you don't obey, he might just cheat!

HOW ABSOLUTELY UNHEALTHY. JESUS CHRIST.

The person you're with should be attracted to you in the first place, not slightly and then try to change you! There's a difference between them wanting you to be healthy and them wanting to change you! If you can't form your own opinions and answer to his demands even if you disagree, then you honestly have a problem. If you're happy living your life this way, fantastic. Go for it. But personally, it sounds to me like you're encouraging women to lose their self respect and follow someone else's guidelines for their appearance and thoughts.

I mean, what ever happened to couples talking things through and coming to an agreement, and not just accepting what they're told and being walked all over? And it's pretty scary that you'll change yourself just so he won't cheat. That's not commitment. You're like a pet.

This is really far from supportive and sounds pretty darn judgemental (of the OP, of that other chick, of people who enjoy some PetPlay.) Is that what MFP is about? I am disgusted, to be frank.
    I do apologize if I was offensive, but I was really taken back by these remarks. I know when I was loosing weight for the sake of someone's attraction to me, I was unhappy. I wasn't doing it for me and I was not making smart choices. I was only interested in losing he weight so I could appease said significant other. But once I realized how wrong it was when they put me down or asked me to change, and how horrible I felt about myself, the weight went right up. But losing weight is a struggle, and to consistently worry that someone will leave you because you're because not thin not enough or not losing fast enough is awful. And once I let go of that person and started losing for me, it was incredibly easy and I was much happier.

As for my pet comment, i think everyone took it in a way that i was not heading. To each their own. Have your fun!
  • jazi719
    Options
    I do apologize if I was offensive, but I was really taken back by these remarks. I know when I was loosing weight for the sake of someone's attraction to me, I was unhappy. I wasn't doing it for me and I was not making smart choices. I was only interested in losing he weight so I could appease said significant other. But once I realized how wrong it was when they put me down or asked me to change, and how horrible I felt about myself, the weight went right up. But losing weight is a struggle, and to consistently worry that someone will leave you because you're because not thin not enough or not losing fast enough is awful. And once I let go of that person and started losing for me, it was incredibly easy and I was much happier.

As for my pet comment, i think everyone took it in a way that i was not heading. To each their own. Have your fun!

You were not offensive in the least! She should want to lose weight for herself and no one else. I stayed in shape for my bf and maintained a 125 lb weight and he left me for another woman anyway., the bastage!

Basically, You should be loved for who you are, not your size. If he wants you to lose weight for health reasons, that's understandable.

As for the cupcakes.... what did you end up doing?
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

You were not offensive in the least! She should want to lose weight for herself and no one else. I stayed in shape for my bf and maintained a 125 lb weight and he left me for another woman anyway., the bastage!

Basically, You should be loved for who you are, not your size. If he wants you to lose weight for health reasons, that's understandable.

As for the cupcakes.... what did you end up doing?

I ate them.
    Now i am fat.
  • mjn18
    mjn18 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Going by your profile pics 20 pounds is too much. Ditch the boyfriend, eat the cupcakes. Take a walk later this week.
  • KenishaFitness
    KenishaFitness Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You have to make a choice, personally I would toss them, because they wouldn't be getting me anywhere. If you want to be committed into your lifestyle change you have to make decision that would be hard for you. Say you decided that you want to keep them and eat them, then you would have it deep deep down inside of you that you wish you wouldn't and then you would have to work may 2x harder then you normally would well at least maybe... Hmm, you can do it.. Just stay positive!!!!
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    tumblr_maq610BpFq1qakrdzo6_250_zpsf86c5d8e.gif

I do actually. My boyfriend asked me to lose another 15-20 pounds.

:huh: I can think of something other than cupcakes you might want to throw out...

That is offensive.

Your boyfriend asked you to lose more weight and you find THIS offensive?

Clearly we're being pranked. Ha!

My thoughts too!
  • huntndox
    huntndox Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    At my house, the starving children were in China. LOL. And ,I have fought the "clean plate syndrome"all my life. I am fairly new to this forum, but determined to change things in my life. Worrying about cupcakes is.too obsessive and occupying too much of your time. It's an energy drain you don't need. Just dispose of them. You will feel better about yourself! Eat something healthy and when you are full and sated you will find the willpower to let them go.
  • struggeling53
    struggeling53 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    eat 1 double wrap the others and freeze them..Or give them to a friend or neighbor..
  • jazi719
    Options
    [/quote]

I ate them.
    Now i am fat.

haha, I just looked at your photo. You remind me of me when I was your age. You have a great body young lady. Just weigh yourself weekly. I'm sure you didn't gain an ounce.