did you ditch your clothes after losing the weight?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• Visiblekarma
    Visiblekarma Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've discussed this topic with my zumba instructor before, I prefer cold water and she prefers room temperature b/c she can drink more of it faster.
  • carolinehowells
    carolinehowells Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm another one who totally believes in getting rid of them I donated all mine when I lost 2and a half stone 5 years ago. I think it keeps you motivated to keep the weight off. I've recently put on nearly a stone and am bursting out of everything I own however I refuse to buy bigger clothes after giving so many away so I'm back here and working hard to feel comfortable in my clothes again
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I ditched mine cause I don't want a reason to fall back into bad habits!
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I also ditched all my double digits...anything over an 8 actually...don't need fatty clothes anymore:wink:
  • monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i went from size 12 to size 8. ditched the 12s but i kept 10s as i felt bad giving away so much clothes. i keep them "just in case" in a tidy box on the back of my wardrobe. i mean i dont want to wear them again but then you never know what will life throw at you... haha
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    The ones that were way oversize yes. I've still got some of the just over ones that don't look silly with the belt tight. Not sure what to do with the huge T-shirts but I use them for yard work.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    hell yes. I'm nekkid right now :laugh:
    I keed I keed :blushing:

After 30#'s lost, everything kept falling off, so what's a girl to do?...go shopping of course!!!
    Because my size and shape is still in flux, I shop at a local thrift store for now. Having to buy new jeans every 3ish weeks can be hard on the pocketbook.

ETA: the larger sizes are gone gone gone for good. If I plump up again (doubtful since my weight gain was due to out of control medical issue) I'll buy all new as needed.
  • jerryvo
    jerryvo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What a timely thread... I just had a closet clean out weekend and a clothing binge. After continual harping from my wife on how sloppy I looked and after standing at my drill press putting a 4th new hole in my belt to make it smaller I realized how ridiculous I was being in holding on to my old clothes. Everything 2XL has gone to goodwill or the trash pile. I purchased 3 pair of pants (36 waist WOOT!!) and 7 size LARGE shirts (WOO HOO) and am replacing my XL wardrobe 1 for 1 as I get new, more fitting, items. I cant be without anything to wear and cant afford to replace my entire wardrobe overnight.

I did keep my biggest pair of shorts for the obligatory wear my fatty pants and take a shot of the new me photo for when I hit my goal.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Once I hit goal weight in the next couple of months, I'm donating almost all my fat clothes. I'm going to keep a single pair of huge jeans, my absolute fattest ever, as a reminder of just how far I've come.

Otherwise nope, no use. My personal style is to wear clothes cut very close to the body when I'm smaller, and this go round my goal size is very lean, smaller than I've ever been in my life. Besides some oversized sweats and t-shirts to bum around the house in, the rest of my new wardrobe won't include baggy or loose items, so I don't even have any practical use anymore for the old clothes. My style pretty ensures that I'll have to keep myself in check as I'm giving myself very, very little wiggle (or jiggle) room.
  • serender
    serender Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    as soon as they become too big for me I give them to a friend to give her intensive to keep trying.....I never use to when I tied any other plan, this one it just seemed right to get rid of them.....A mind thing I suppose, I also never say losing weight cause when you lose something you normally find it again and I don't ever want to find it again,,,so instead i say I have hit the what ever pound mark...I know its all a head thing but it works for me...lol
  • cannibaldoll
    cannibaldoll Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately at this moment I can't afford new clothes so I'm still wearing 2XL shirts when I should be wearing L/XL. The pants I had to get rid of- even with the belt they kept falling down. True story- I was walking up the stairs at my college and my hands were full and my pants literally fell off of me. Like, I stepped right out of them even with shoes on. There was someone behind me...
    lol that stinks!! go to the goodwill and get some nice jeans for 5 or 10 bucks! they have sales on the first and last saturday of the month for 50% off, i've found it helpful

goodwill has been awesome when I was broke (uhh college student still am) and needed new pants that fit after losing 15 lbs.

I throw my clothes out as soon as they don't fit, it helps me keep track of my progress. if my clothes aren't fitting then I know its time to start watching what i eat and exercising again.
  • Veganmafia
    Veganmafia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    the first time i lost 30lbs it was gradual and i let go of clothes as i replaced them, i kept a few for awhile and then let them go, and gave some to family
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I burned my bridges- anything just slightly too big gets donated. I don't want "room to grow" in my clothes.
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    nah...I just end up cutting the sleeves on all of them..

yea..its like that
  • mollyya90
    mollyya90 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I didn't really believe I was smaller until I got to be about 40lbs lighter and my husband politely told me I looked ridiculous in my old clothes. I threw them all away.

Yes same thing here! I knew my pants and shirts were big... But we were at the grocery store and my fiancé pulled me aside and told me my clothes did not flatter me anymore that it made me look trashy. I went home and cleaned out my clothes and went shopping! I feel soo much better in clothes that fit me! Why keep them around? I'm not moving backwards forward is the only way for me I refuse to get big again! Even if I do gain weight in the future it will NOT be to the extent of what I was!
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    sold a lot of my fat shirts on ebay. got like 10-15 bucks a piece, surprisingly. gave away most the rest. gotta keep an old pair of jeans though. lotta memories, plus its a crazy before and after
  • cmira5ol
    cmira5ol Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I donated most of my old clothes to the Salvation Army, although I still have a stack of old jeans that I keep. I'll probably get rid of them too.

I need to go clothes shopping every 3 months or so,