did you ditch your clothes after losing the weight?

Options

Replies

• SIMA80
    SIMA80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    all gone except for couple pairs of jeans/pants and couple of shirts/ t-shirts. Just a reminder...and as motivation to NEVER EVER go back there!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    A year ago when I started a healthier lifestyle most of my jeans had a 38 or 40 inch waist size. Been getting baggier all year long and I finally went out a week ago and found I comfortably fit into 32 inch waist jeans. Taking all the old jeans which are in good condition to donate to goodwill in the next few days.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    When I lose weight & find my clothes are getting too big I separate them in piles. One pile goes to charity drop off boxes & the other pile is stuff I try to sell at a yard sale. I then spend more money buying at thrift stores & eBay for newer clothes:D.
  • danicawthorne
    danicawthorne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. As soon as something got too loose, it went in the Goodwill bin. I will not be that size again. I shopped at thrift stores for clothes in smaller sizes. No point in spending a lot of money for clothes that I'm just going to shrink out of. Now that I'm at the maintenance stage I'm ok with buying new clothes.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've only kept one pair of bigger jeans, but that's for when I'm painting/gardening, I don't want brand new jeans for doing stuff like that. :D The rest I've got rid of. :)
  • mazamarie
    Options
    I kept Skinny clothes for 10 plus years and threw them out last year as I hadn't got back into UK 8-10's in my last attempt and was so disappointed in myself..

I got back up to size 18 after getting down to a twelve about two years back..

Iv lost 28 lbs again now and am back to a 12.. I want to be in a 10 at Xmas... And buy a nice party outfit to wear..

Iv still got some baggy 14's but I have donated 18's and 16's..

Another 25 lbs to go to goal.. I will buy new clothes when I in size 10's hopefully in the January sales x
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    No, I just ripped them up and wear them that way like when the hulk reverts back to Bruce Banner. Chicks dig it :laugh: :laugh:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I've been getting rid of all my old clothes. I swore to myself I am never getting back up to those larger sizes. Started at snug 36 waist pants and XL shirts and now in comfy 32's and large or medium, depending on cut.

There are others out there that can use the clothes so I donate it all to Goodwill.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I ditched mine & then got fat again :grumble:
  • mamagirl49
    mamagirl49 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oh, heck yeah! They're gone. Bless someone who can use them and say goodbye to that size forever!!::bigsmile:
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I altered the better ones as I went along. Less expensive then buying all new. Then I donated the rest that I could not alter. Bought "new" ones at thrift stores as I ran out of things to wear.

Kept only one pair of my size 36 jeans as a reminder of where I never want to go again. The larger shirts I kept for work so I can layer and not freeze when at work.
  • Wingg
    Wingg Posts: 22
    Options
    I donated them to the less fortunate people after buying new clothes. This leaves me no house but to stay the way I am and I am not going back to being fat. XD the clothes are not cheap I ain't gonna waste my money!
  • Vegan28
    Options
    I went from 147lb to 112.6lb over a year, after dieting and quitting seroxat / paxil. While I've maintained my weight for the past six months, I've hung onto most of the clothes. Partly because most of them were brand new and unworn, so it feels like a waste of money. That and I worry that if I have to take medication again, I'll end up re-gaining weight.

Edit: I still wear larger dresses if a belt can make them look more normal. I've gone from a UK 12 to a UK 6, so most of them look silly.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I donated the majority of my clothes to the local charity shops. I did keep some old hoodies etc as i love them! lol. Problem now is i keep buying new clothes, yet running out of space for them!
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Most of my pants were on the verge of toast when I shrunk out of them so they kinda ditched themselves. Shirts could've stayed if I wasn't starting to get mistaken for young enough to have trouble getting taken seriously.
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I donated everything in decent shape to charity. The rest either got thrown away or saved to be used as rags. I am never going to gain back any of that weight. It took a year of intense effort to lose it of and with getting older, it would be even harder and take longer to do that all again. If I'm up more than a few pounds and it's not increased muscle mass, it's back to calorie deficits for me to get back on track.

Other than shoes, socks, hats, and a couple winter coats, I had to buy all new clothes. The old ones were just too big and baggy to wear anywhere but around the house.

And now that I'm at my target weight and size, I'm having to be selective about finding brands that fit correctly. Most brands of men's clothes are cut large to accommodate large waists and bigger thighs. With vanity sizing, I have to now look for slim fit jackets, tailored shirts, and thin or skinny jeans. It's funny how normal weight sizes are now labeled as thin or skinny while what used to be plus, husky, or relaxed sizes are now just "regulars".
  • mmmcgee1211
    Options
    I have had to get rid of most of my old clothes. I do have a few of my old hoodies and a few items that I got as gifts from deceased relatives. Heck, clothes that I purchased a few months ago are getting big and I have been getting comments about my baggy clothes again. Sadly, I just cannot afford more new clothes at this time. I should be wearing something around a junior size five or so depending on the cut.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    At 199, my biggest pair of pants (I only had one pair) was size 16. After a long enough while i ditched those, such a great feeling!!
    I also ditched my size 14s... I HATE wasting clothes!! However, it has been such a long time since wearing them, its pointless having them in my closet.
    Im currently about a size 10/12, and i keep all of my size 12s. If my size 12s are getting tight, i gotta start watching calories again! I also dont plan on gaining any time soon.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I kept a few items as mementos and donated most of the rest to Goodwill. Some I cut up to use in quilts and other sewing projects. There was no reason to keep them and anyway I have a small closet. I need space for clothes that actually fit! :smile:
  • KristenElizabeth7
    KristenElizabeth7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I kept my biggest outfit, you can see the jeans in my pictures!!! Just to remind me of how far I have come and GET RID OF EVERYTHING ELSE!!!! I didn't want to EVER go there again and certainly didn't want to make it easy since I had a lot of "fat clothes" that I actually liked!