What do you regret eating today? Did you log it?

Options

Replies

• andreagenther
    andreagenther Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 cookies before lunch, not really a big deal.
    The problem today came when i ate the biggest brownie i have seen in my life.
    Do I regret eating it? I should have saved it for tomorrow and not had 2 deserts in one day but I didn't want to stop myself. If i had tracked today it would have been 4 brownies. Oh my! Surprisingly, it was worth it.
    I will have to work extra hard tomorrow.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Had milk chocolate and logged it. Regrets because it will make my tummy hurt!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Do you regret anything you ate today? Did you log it?

If I eat something and find out after the fact that it had a horribly-high calorie count, I immediately regret eating it.
  • Cherrychankawaii
    Options
    I_regret_nothing_3.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I don't really regret anything I ate today. Birthday cake and rum were part of it so, yeah.

I do though regret not logging earlier because I was feeling a considerable amount of guilt which didn't have to be there if I'd only noticed that I was only going to be a little over for maintenance amount cals and I could have done a very brief workout and come in under. As it stands I'll just make up the overage tomorrow.

FYI in the future if you open a bar and it's yuck. Don't waste your cals on it. Or your time. Or your tastebuds. Just wait and eat something you like. Think about it, you're gonna have to log the cals no matter what it is. Make it worth it.
  • nickychicky
    Options
    I have pigged out today but that's ok , my metabolism has taken off in high speed

Regret nothing log everything.

Still way under though.

What do I need to do. Swim in chocolate ?
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't see why any of us should regret eating anything?[unless it was poisoned or induces food poisoning] I am about to have some Starburst Babies (jelly babies by starburst) and some chocolate. All food is ok and this will be in my calorie goals and even if it isn't if I go over calories by a teeny bit, the overall process of eating at a deficit over a long term and increasing my fitness and strength is still going forward.

Don't regret anything, log it all and keep doing what you need to do to meet your lifestyle goals.
  • nickychicky
    Options
    That sounds sooooo nice
  • JamieRawrasaur
    Options
    Nothing.

I refuse to "regret" what I eat as I see that as being just as unhealthy. I will never regret having a candy bar or a cupcake because I am not giving up candy bars or cupcakes.

i wish i could think like this! my sugar limit it about 32g a day...i almost always go over it, from fruit, or just about anything else i eat. and i regret every bite i take thats over that limit. same on my cheat day if i go over my calorie limit. i hate myself for it...i regret it while eating it, even though its soooo good and i regret it afterwards too. especially if i dont make it to the gym :(
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Ok boys and girls. First, log everything! If you don't, you are in the same boat you were in before you started. Not logging it is the same thing as hiding food. You know it was there, you know you ate it, and it only hurts you. If you enjoyed it, you know what it cost, and you can adjust accordingly in the future. If you didn't, you will know what it cost, and you know it isn't worth it. Think about it. You made it through Halloween. Just the first of the hurdles that will only get higher over the next two months. I am willing to bet most of you did at least 10X better this year than last year. It is a lifestyle change, not a diet, just the fact that you are aware of what you ate is a big change in the right direction.

The weeks ahead will get progressively more difficult until the new year. We need to look at the weeks as a whole, not the days. Make adjustments to the days so that the weeks total to where they need to be.

When I was a pound or two from reaching my goal, I stayed at the same weight for weeks. That pound didn't mean anything to anyone else but me. I set a goal of 155, and I was going to get to it. It may be for one day, but I was going to get there. When I got down that one pound, I wasn't going to magically fit into clothes 3 sizes smaller, or anyone was going to say, "Wow, what happened to you?" the clothes that fit me the day, or week before were going to be the same clothes I fit into that day.

Now I have a different problem, I am sure many of you are going to say, "I wish I had that problem.", and I do wish it on all of you at one point soon. I am trying to find my Maintanance calorie numbers. I knew dieting would be easier than maintaining because as long as I was at a deficient, and losing weight, I was achieving my goal. I am still losing weight. I went from 1460 to the recommended 1960. I have not been able to exercise because of hives, and I can't sweat, but that is ending. What happens when I start exercising? My wife is just starting on the program, and has much further to go than I did when I started. I don't keep things in the house that she cannot have. Many times she asks what I am fixing for myself, and wants some also, but I want her to succeed, and I probably should be eating double the calories she can have just so I can maintain.

Just your awareness should remove the regret! Peace.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A very yummy piece of vanilla cake with pistachio icing. Do I regret it? HELL NO! :)
  • merie08
    merie08 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just made a late night run to McDonalds and got a 10 piece chicken nugget meal,large,with a sweet tea.i just logged ig and im already over for today and its 3 am and I still have all of tomorrow after I wake up.ugh :grumble: im definitely hitting the gym and doing everything possible to fix this when I get up

Also,I haven't ate like this in awhile so I don't know what came over me lol
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    TEQUILA!!!!!!!!!!

Back the f truck up! I regret nothing.

Moar TEQUILA!!!!!!!!

You!... I like you. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Gkfrkv
    Gkfrkv Posts: 120
    Options
    I had a free lunch coupon that I used a few days ago and after eyeballing the menu I settled on a blt based on the price it didn't seem likely it was that big of a meal. Wrong. It was three three layers of bacon and instead of butter it was covered in mayo and the bread was fried in olive oil and to top it of there was potato's on the side. I logged it as 1000 calories and didn't eat all of it.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    the only time I regret eating something is if it didn't taste good.

Definitely this. I had a plum today that was past it's best and it did not taste good. I regret that.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Only one thing this week, the half slice of pizza I had on Halloween. I was already over my goal a little bit, and it didn't help, and it tasted awful. I hate that pizza place. Should have remembered that...
  • TripleRadiance275
    TripleRadiance275 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I regret nothing.
  • mitchiemo
    mitchiemo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Probably shouldn't have had the half of a Yunnan Rose Cake but they are so yummy...no regrets as I'm still technically in a deficit...not goal but still! And, the best bit, I still will be after the half bottle of wine I'll be consuming while I watch the rugby...yay!
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS log what I eat. Even gum/cough drops/water!
    it lets me know where the extra calories I'm consuming are coming from! Accountability.

yesterday I ate a Luna bar. Not bad for you, 180 calories and a "nutrition," bar but I would so rather would have had a meal/yogurt or something.

busy life.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I rarely regret eating anything and I hardly log any more just because I know my TDEE