1200cal/day really works.

Options

Replies

• gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    this is a support site. Lets give this girl the support she needs and the encouragement to continue. GOOD JOB on the first week! I also do 1200 cal a day. I hope this works like it has for you! Keep it up!:smile:
  • shscruggs82
    Options
    Im doing the 1200 calorie diet and heres why, Im good at maintaining, but Im not good at losing, I lost 30lbs on WW and kept it off for a long time, the only reason I gained it back was because I was no longer in control of whats in my cupboard, I had to move in with my parents and all that stuff that I started having in moderation, was now around more than it was before, and because of that I went back to eating what I wanted completely and gaining the weight back....

Now Im doing the trim body system, and they have me on 1200 calories a day, and my thought is that I restrict myself so that my stomach gets used to the smaller amount of food, and then eventually I don't have to restrict myself as much because I don't want to eat 5 cookies, Im satisfied with one. Im not trying to maintain forever on 1200 calories, Im just trying to get used to the smaller amounts and then I wont want as much.

No you gained the weight back because you had no self control. :flowerforyou:

um..ok, sorry I thought that was implied...Im not in denial of my lack of self control if thats what your saying.

thats why Im restricting myself now, so that I can gain the tools I need to be successful in the future, if I dont allow myself to have whatever I want then I wont be used to eating whatever I want...
  • glennoxyoung
    Options
    I absolutely agree with you. If we can train ourselves to enjoy one cookie and not guzzle the whole packet, then we're definitely on to something. AND positive thinking is also vital. So many people posting here seem bitter...... let's be nice to each other <3
  • belindanjumo
    belindanjumo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the week long loss. See how it goes for you in a couple of weeks :flowerforyou:
    Ive lost 15 pounds in nearly 80 days by eating a 1800-1950 calorie deficit. Im seeing a whay better change in my body, I eat whatever I want, and I am so confident that NOW I will be able to transition into maintenance without gaining everything back plus more, as low calorie diets do to your body.

When you start feeling crappy, tired, moody and no energy, up your calories.

which will happen pretty quickly since she has twins. although they seem to sit around the house all day doing nothing so maybe not.
    you know nothing about my boys so dont you dare go there! How Dare You!
  • belindanjumo
    Options
    Congratulations on making the decision to take control of your diet! Your first week has been a successful start but personally, like lots of others, would advise you to set your daily limit a bit higher, maybe 1400?
    You posted (somewhere, way back in this marathon thread) that this is your first diet, well, I've been dieting off and on since my eldest son was born in 1993, until this year always using restrictive low calorie diets of 1000 -1200 calories a day, or restrictive low carbs or restrictive low fat. They do work, of course they do! I have lost 7/10/12lb every time BUT then the honeymoon is over, you start to cheat (just a little, just this once) and then all of a sudden it's over, the big bad over eating is back and the lost weight is re-gained with a few extra pounds as well. Then I joined this site earlier this year, put in my numbers and found that I'm allowed 1400 calories a day. I have maintained a 500 calorie a day deficit since June, I have not felt deprived and I have lost at least a pound a week, in total I have lost about 26lb in less than 5 months. You only have 30lb to lose, you've lost 4lb, if lose a pound a week from now then it'll all be gone by the end of next spring!
    If you can squeeze a bit of exercise in as well, so much the better - but I hear what you say, when my boys were small I just used to collapse when they were asleep!
    Thanks elizabeth. You are so encouraging.
    Well done on a good start, keep using this site, it may not feel so friendly today but it is so helpful - honestly! Good luck :wink:
  • belindanjumo
    Options
    Unlike a good amount of the people that have posted on this.. I want to say great work! Even though its a week in it proves that it can be done just by controlling what goes into your body, keep it up and you will be well on your way to your goal :)
    Thanks eri
  • belindanjumo
    Options
    this is a support site. Lets give this girl the support she needs and the encouragement to continue. GOOD JOB on the first week! I also do 1200 cal a day. I hope this works like it has for you! Keep it up!:smile:
    Yes gabby. Am excited for it to work not just in the first week. Lets give it a go
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    So you are sedentary but you have twins and are so exhausted by their nap time that you have to nap instead of exercising?
  • remarie
    Options
    Really. I thought the same thing. That's why we get discouraged in weight loss.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the week long loss. See how it goes for you in a couple of weeks :flowerforyou:
    Ive lost 15 pounds in nearly 80 days by eating a 1800-1950 calorie deficit. Im seeing a whay better change in my body, I eat whatever I want, and I am so confident that NOW I will be able to transition into maintenance without gaining everything back plus more, as low calorie diets do to your body.

which will happen pretty quickly since she has twins. although they seem to sit around the house all day doing nothing so maybe not.

In their defense, this assertion was likely based on your own post defending your sedentary activity level.
  • Rawfoodsho
    Options

In their defense, this assertion was likely based on your own post defending your sedentary activity level.

Didn't she say herself that her 18 months old dont do anything? Don't 1 an half year olds walk at least?
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oh lord...

125719.gif
  • Rawfoodsho
    Options
    I was eating about 2000calories. But i live a sedentry life for now. Was only walking about once a week.

well that's why, you went from eating like a heffer to pretty much restricting. not rocket science.

2000 calories is hardly eating like a "heffer" classy choice of words.

I think 2k calories is a lot if you are NOT working out. So its odd when 120 pound chicks are eating 2300 calories a day and claiming to lose weight or maintain.

the post I was quoting said nothing about exercise. It was aimed strickly at those who actually eat, a person who burns 2500 calories a day at an active job can eat 2000 calories a day with out exercising and still drop weight.
    People do not burn the same. This calorie in calorie out thing is competently flawed.

Yeah, science - completely flawed :laugh:

You are so funny with you're completely incorrect comments.

I eat sweets - they don't make me crave more. I am satisfied with a nice portion of ice cream, I don't feel the need to eat the entire tub (though I have done in the past, planned of course :wink:)
    To bad science has proven sweets are addictive. I see you guys only BELIEVE science when you want to but not all the time? That doesn't work.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I ate 1200 calories a day for 6 months. It does work, I think particularly if you have a lot to lose and have to adjust a lifetime of bad habits. After 6 months, when the weight loss slowed down naturally, I no longer had the motivation to be hungry all of the time so I upped to 1400. I think it is only sustainable for so long. I'm losing a pound every week or two now, and that's fine by me. If I were still trying to stick to 1200 calories I probably would have quit.
  • fhskss
    Options
    :noway:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Didn't she say herself that her 18 months old dont do anything? Don't 1 an half year olds walk at least?

That was the point of my post.
  • letsdothis180
    letsdothis180 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Shame on everyone trying to put a negative spin on this. I too am one week in and lost 6lb on 1200 calories/day. It IS encouraging to see progression in the first week. How will I do in the long term? How will I maintain? I HAVE NO IDEA. Lets take this day by day and focus on NOW because that's where the struggle is. CONGRATS AND GREAT JOB!
  • emmawoolf84
    emmawoolf84 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Majority of the people on this board make me never want to post. So immature. This doesn't need to be a hot button topic.
    Congrats on your success - hopefully it keeps up for you.
    A lot of people have a hard time on 1200 but for you, it may work. Good on you! I currently eat at 1200 however Im at my goal weight & am petite. When I started my journey I was at 1800. Best wishes!
  • belindanjumo
    Options

this post was never about my kids but about weightloss so leave them out of it. I am going to go for the kill if you dont stick to whats the subject here. You may agree or disagree and thats ur opinion but to even try to talk about someone else children describes what a low life some people are.

That was the point of my post.
    Cab you quote me where i said my 18months old dont do anything? Or did you misunderstand me or cant read plain english.This post was never about my kids but about weightloss. You may agree or disagree but dont drag my boys into this. You know nothing about them so hush. Wont be this nice if you mention them again.
  • belindanjumo
    Options
    Majority of the people on this board make me never want to post. So immature. This doesn't need to be a hot button topic.
    Congrats on your success - hopefully it keeps up for you.
    A lot of people have a hard time on 1200 but for you, it may work. Good on you! I currently eat at 1200 however Im at my goal weight & am petite. When I started my journey I was at 1800. Best wishes!
    Thanks emma
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!