Calories in calories out

Options

Replies

• Jericha1992
    Jericha1992 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You have no studies. You have provided nothing to prove calories in calories out. It also just has random studies. It has been debunked by scientists. Its all over the internet. You guys cannot prove anything. Your articles are biased. Science doesn't consider all the variables. So that doesn't work.

So we have a clear admission here the OP does not believe science works. Case closed.
  • tilmoph
    tilmoph Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Now, you may be wondering about things like hormonal resistances and metabolic rates and whatever it is you kooky kids have come up with with all your sciencings that might affect your weight loss rate. Surely those count, right? Of course they do, dear shy ones, of course they do. However, what they are is a modifier on our core cal in vs cal out equation. Please take note that c in vs c out is always listed as a comparison of variables, not of absolute figures. This is to account for the many, many differences between different people. So when someone tells you it's all about how much you vs how much you burn, they aren't dismissing any metabolic concerns you may have. They are pointing out that those concerns don't change hwat you have to do to lose, gain, or maintain weight; eta less/ as much/ more than what you use up by existing and doing whatever it is you do. You just may have been hit with a condition or (sadly for you) a set of conditions that results in you needing to eat even less than someone else to lose weight, even of your the same height, weight, gender, age, and activity level.

Clearly. I personally eat a deficit, that is how I lose weight, DUH. But what I was saying was this doesn't work for everyone, possibly because of health problems they dont even know they had.

I'm getting the distinct impression you may not have read the part of my post I left in, which covers that in simple, kindly old grandma like words. Please reread and try again.
  • Rawfoodsho
    Options
    You have no studies. You have provided nothing to prove calories in calories out. It also just has random studies. It has been debunked by scientists. Its all over the internet. You guys cannot prove anything. Your articles are biased. Science doesn't consider all the variables. So that doesn't work.

So we have a clear admission here the OP does not believe science works. Case closed.

This situation has variables, stop trying to use science when it was controlled studies and not people with any problems. Since our bodies are not engines they do not burn calories the way this "module" you people would die by explains.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,620 Member
    Options
    Clearly. I personally eat a deficit, that is how I lose weight, DUH. But what I was saying was this doesn't work for everyone, possibly because of health problems they dont even know they had.
    It's been mentioned that for the GENERAL POPULATION, calorie in and out work. Those that have hormonal issues or disease have to do something else.
    Yet you're arguing against scientific research and study relating to how the GENERAL POPULATION bodies don't lose weight on calorie in/out. What's your real agenda? Are you lonely? Do you just want to debate?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

No studies = bad.

Any studies we provide = bad.

Any studies/editorials/etc you provide = good.

It's on the internet = good.

Science = bad/doesn't work.

Got it. Thank you for clearing that up.
  • Rawfoodsho
    Options
    It's beem mentioned that for the GENERAL POPULATION, calorie in and out work. Those that have hormonal issues or disease have to do something else.
    Yet you're arguing against scientific research and study relating to how the GENERAL POPULATION bodies don't lose weight on calorie in/out. What's your real agenda? Are you lonely? Do you just want to debate?

Is it hard to understand that maybe the people i knew were not the general "population". Oh look I met the exception to the rule, is that, that shocking? lol really
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    As much fun as this has been, I'm just going to have to default to...

DownloadedFile-4_zps1276848c.jpeg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    hmm googles "calories in calories out flawed" is in denial about the first 10 pages of articles and facts stated that clearly explains why this doesn't apply or work 100% of the time.

As it has been pointed out, if you damage your metabolism you may need a different amount of calories, therefore it doesn't work because you could think you need one amount but you could not be losing because of a damaged metabolism. 100% would be if their were ZERO variables, but since there are tons, its not black and white, the body is not a simple machine, people do not burn the same and it doesn't always work this simply.

Do you not realize that you are agreeing with calories in/out in 1 sentence then disagreeing with it in the next sentence, after posting that calories don't exist?

Oh my G is there a gif for "on the one hand, on the other hand, and on the OTHER other hand"?
    The closest I have:
    tumblr_mtpm2pM2Ra1sj3oxho1_400.gif
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Yes aliens, vampires, big foot, I believe everything I read on the internet. I even believe all the scientific THEORIES, i hear that are not proven as fact. Just as crazy....
    Gravity is a theory. Just sayin'.

You're unconvinced. We get it. You're wrong, but we get it.

IDEA Fitness member
    And you are still in denial about the fact that you are not right.
    Nah. I flex in the mirror and look at all the success my clients have and have much gratitude to science for getting it. Science helped me to help them. How are you helping your friends? That working out okay?

IDEA Fitness member
  • Jericha1992
    Options

This situation has variables, stop trying to use science when it was controlled studies and not people with any problems. Since our bodies are not engines they do not burn calories the way this "module" you people would die by explains.

Buuuut it works when you provide googled editorials? Riiiight.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I know this story too well, i grew up with it. My elder brother has always been the skinny one and i was(am) the fat one! Growing up it was always like he eats so much and still skinny whereas i ate lesser and still gained a lot of weight pretty quick, i was always supposed to watch what i ate in order to maintain. I always got told by my mom that she never watched her calories, and never gained weight. Ate a lot of rice too!.
    But over a period of time as i matured and learnt on MFP, i realized that, my brother or mom never ate anything between meals, zip! And i graze through the day on tiny stuff that adds up at the end of the day. I constantly have the habit of eating one bite here, one bite there, which nobody seems to notice and i got told i ate like a bird LOL!
    So calories in calories out is definitely true!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    No one said all of science in the whole world doesn't work. Hive mind sheep do think alike. As it was said. You people are lemmings. You all believe everything you nurtionalists and the mainstream health departments have told you. Thats why you believe this garbage. Its not science, its in place to sell diet food and products. But you can keep being naive to it

Anger is evident.

We are lemmings.

Best thread of the day.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Summary of this thread:

Original Post claiming that mutually agreed-upon principles of metabolism accepted by virtually every authority in the world are somehow wrong and that some people can eat a surplus of calories and not gain weight, so it must be conversely true that others can eat a deficit and not lose weight.

Flood of scientifically sound, well-sourced and cited peer-review literature to show the OP's claims are not supported and that an energy balance is the best and most reliable model found to-date. MIllions upon millions of anecdotal and scientific claims to support this.

OP responds to virtually every post with 'I know my belief to be true, you should google it like I have' and "if you don't agree, then you're not smart enough to understand what you googled'

Flooding of evidence that energy balance is irrefutable.

OP shifts argument to attacking the unit of measure 'calorie' and then reverts to the special snowflake theory when no one bites.

Hilarious. Seeing it like this, I feel like we've all been epic'ly trolled.

I called it pages ago :laugh:
  • Jericha1992
    Options
    No one said all of science in the whole world doesn't work. Hive mind sheep do think alike. As it was said. You people are lemmings. You all believe everything you nurtionalists and the mainstream health departments have told you. Thats why you believe this garbage. Its not science, its in place to sell diet food and products. But you can keep being naive to it

Actually, science has disproven that lemmings act in the way you are accusing.
  • Rawfoodsho
    Options
    Yes aliens, vampires, big foot, I believe everything I read on the internet. I even believe all the scientific THEORIES, i hear that are not proven as fact. Just as crazy....
    Gravity is a theory. Just sayin'.

You're unconvinced. We get it. You're wrong, but we get it.

IDEA Fitness member
    And you are still in denial about the fact that you are not right.
    Nah. I flex in the mirror and look at all the success my clients have and have much gratitude to science for getting it. Science helped me to help them. How are you helping your friends? That working out okay?

IDEA Fitness member

Ahh I get it. You come on a calorie counter website to reiterate that same brainwashed advices you learned at institution? Ahh college learned personal trainer. hahahahah. You are spoon fed false information to reiterate back to people. Your education is a joke.
  • Rawfoodsho
    Options

I didn't say lemmings act anyway. I said you people are lemmings.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    As much fun as this has been, I'm just going to have to default to...

DownloadedFile-4_zps1276848c.jpeg

me too, i gotta bounce but here's a whole turkey for y'all, and it shows perfectly why "whole foods" diet is too hard. for me at least.

man_eating_whole_turkey.gif?__sid=ggl&lang=en
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    It's beem mentioned that for the GENERAL POPULATION, calorie in and out work. Those that have hormonal issues or disease have to do something else.

Is it hard to understand that maybe the people i knew were not the general "population". Oh look I met the exception to the rule, is that, that shocking? lol really
    Lol so they have health issues? And if so, then WTF are you arguing about? It's been mentioned several times that people with health issues WON'T see the same results as those who don't. But wait, science does have an explanation for that.

IDEA Fitness member
  • Jericha1992
    Options

I didn't say lemmings act anyway. I said you people are lemmings.

Lemmings don't weigh very much.
This discussion has been closed.