Inconsiderate coworkers wrecking my hard work

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Do you stop at every place you see or that sounds tasty?

I might try this some day.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Why do I get the feeling this was just flame bait? And, a pretty successful one at that.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    You need to but on your big girl pants and act like a rational adult and not some spoiled little narcissistic brat. You obviously have a LOT to learn about life sweetheart...

Try these on for size: :bigsmile:

746d1141cb53005ecf371bf80a2e2ed9.jpg
  • golfmonk
    golfmonk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You need to but on your big girl pants and act like a rational adult and not some spoiled little narcissistic brat. You obviously have a LOT to learn about life sweetheart...

Try these on for size: :bigsmile:

746d1141cb53005ecf371bf80a2e2ed9.jpg

Somehow, that was not right! ;-)
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    They aren't doing it to you, you're doing it to yourself. If you really can't manage to look at the cake and still have control over your own behavior, get your coffee and water somewhere else and don't go in there.
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You're risking broken fingers throwing away the office's cake :mad:
    Grow up and learn some self control!
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and dare you to throw it out.

Go on. I DARE ya.

lol, it's hard to believe this is a serious post. Can people really think like this?
  • txteva
    txteva Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My office kitchen often have cakes and things - I ignore them... all of them!
    Since I've started MFP (45 days) I've not touched a single cake or treat from the office and I am proud of this.

I did have to ask people not to offer them (literally walk up to my desk with the box!) but then I would have been happy for them to do it before.

And some people have started to bring in fruit and healthy bars along side the cake.

Now it would be reasonable to ask them to cover the cake up so its not too much on display. And if its been there for a week and looking manky you can throw it away. But just cause you don't want it is no reason to throw away someone elses things.
  • Jkn922
    Jkn922 Posts: 74
    Options
    11 pages saying the same thing I think she gets it
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Um...

The only logical place I can think of for cake/food would be..... THE LUNCH ROOM/BREAK ROOM!! Not on someone's nasty cubical desk where they are hacking and coughing all day long. God only knows what they would hack up and spew all over the "community cake." gross.

When I (or anyone else in the office) bring in donuts or bagels for the office, they get set on a table in the breakroom... where people eat. Imagine that! what a novel place for food to be put. WHAT IS THIS CRAZINESS!!?

With that said, I also keep a bowl of candy sitting on my desk for people who have meetings or come to the front office in case they need a little pick-me-up.

With ALL of that said, does that mean I have to shove it in my mouth everytime I see it?! no. In fact, rarely EVER do I eat a donut or a bagel or a piece of candy from the bowl when I'm at work. But it it fits in my calorie-allowance for the day and I want it -- then darnit, I'm gonna put it in my belly!

It's called self-control. As other posters stated, the world doesn't revolve around you. Bring in 2-4 bottles of water with you every day and keep them at your desk if you don't want the temptation of walking past cake to get your water.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    11 pages saying the same thing I think she gets it

I don't think so. Wait..... did she deactivate yet?

We need to just merge this with all the "OMG, how will I resist the Halloween candy????" posts.
  • breezyleaf
    breezyleaf Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    LOL...you diet is not their problem. This is the for realz world, deal with it.

giphy.gif

^^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHA PERFECT!!!!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic. The OP has gotten a great deal of feedback and its time to move on.

The forum guidelines includes these items:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.