Why is there SO MUCH negativity here?!

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    If you consider these forums to be a hotbed of meanness and negativity then I strongly recommend you never post anything on any political forum anywhere online. In my time here (and I have been active in reading the forums) I've seen only a handful of actually "mean" posts, and those were reported and removed pretty promptly.

Or a parenting forum. :noway:

And don't go to The Knot and say you're having a cash bar. :laugh:

eta: because Hitler was known for cash bars. You don't want to be like Hitler do you?

:wink:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    babycenter.com

*shudder*

If anyone needs me, I'll be over here in the corner in the fetal position sobbing.

How DO you feel about breastfeeding, Jof? :flowerforyou:

Baby-led weaning is the only One True Way™. Anything else is essentially child abuse and the authorities should intervene. There are no exceptions. Ever.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I roll my eyes at every 'welcome to the internet' response. *****es, I grew up with the internet. Its changed, and has become an integral part of peoples lives now - as such, normal social guidelines need to start being acknowledged. This is the only board I frequent that still has members saying 'errr its the internet' as an excuse for being a jerk.

Maybe as a general rule of thumb... If you wouldn't say it irl, then its probably mean.

You must visit some very tame & boring boards? Knitting and what-not. This is perhaps the most tame board I have ever been on, ever, anywhere at any time.

I've been on some pretty ridiculous knitting boards over the years. Acrylic yarn for a baby blanket!? Oh the humanity!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    babycenter.com

*shudder*

If anyone needs me, I'll be over here in the corner in the fetal position sobbing.

Baby-led weaning is the only One True Way™. Anything else is essentially child abuse and the authorities should intervene. There are no exceptions. Ever.
    I'm feeling an urge to visit these sites.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Why is there so much negativity? Every one here is deprived of Sugar, Calories, or Sex. I think that pretty much explains it.

Speak for yourself. :flowerforyou:

you lie. you have lost 44 lbs its scientifically impossible for you to not be in a caloric deficit. Why cant you just be honest?

Calorie deficit =/= calorie deprivation

I got fat eating about 2800-3000 calories per day. Losing means staying at 2000 calories, no deprivation here. (and sugar daily)

so you aren't getting laid? why are you so mean? FTR... If you are losing weight then you aren't maintaining and by definition that means you are depriving your body of the energy it needs to maintain and its eating up your fat stores for energy. <--Deprived.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    babycenter.com

*shudder*

i like it.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    babycenter.com

*shudder*

Oh oh-- FIELD TRIP!
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP. Can't believe how many negative people there are in the world, let alone MFP. I guess if that's how they want to live, so be it. What a waste, if you ask me.

By the way, there's a difference between being helpful and being negative... If someone isn't doing the right thing, point it out in a supportive manner, not with negative comments.

This world would function better if people weren't so negative!

Let's see how many negative replies I get for this post ;)

Good luck in life to those who wish to live like that!
  • THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!! I have been thinking this same thing since I started this the first time around. But the bottom line is everyone thinks they have the best way of doing things and there are a lot of pros and fitness ppl on this site so there are many conflicting opinions. Basically just friend positive people and take what you can get out of the forums. Its also pretty clique-y(if that's how that spelled. lol) so...people of the same situations tend to stick together. All I can say is that for every one negative *kitten*, there is a group of positive, supportive, helpful people. :) Good luck and don't let the *kitten* scare you away!!
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    because they r horny and need some sex in their life. :)

You know what this is the answer...right here hit the ol' nail on the head.

If I was getting the bajoinga all the time would I be on MFP all the time? H_LL to the Mother f'en No I'd be doing the vertical mambo.

You are truly wise.
    Touché
    Even while at work???

you dont? sucks to be you
  • cherub_72
    cherub_72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    WHERE ARE MY POSITIVE PEOPLE AT?!

Right here Darlin!!! RIGHT ON! KEEP MOVING!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Even if you are moving the pace of a snail you are running circles around the person sitting on the couch with a bowl of ice cream and a bag of potato chips!
  • trevoraird
    Options
    Im positive add me as a friend
    :smile:
  • rml_16
    Options
    babycenter.com

*shudder*

Oh oh-- FIELD TRIP!
    We could have so much fun!
  • LOL i just read through some of the comments here...and SO MANY OF THEM are just proving the point. wow.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Even if you are moving the pace of a snail you are running circles around the person sitting on the couch with a bowl of ice cream and a bag of potato chips!

I sat on the couch and ate some Zingers last night. Night before that I had a bunch of cookies and a bowl of ice cream.

No potato chips though.

Guess I'm making no progress.
  • rml_16
    Options
    because they r horny and need some sex in their life. :)

You know what this is the answer...right here hit the ol' nail on the head.

If I was getting the bajoinga all the time would I be on MFP all the time? H_LL to the Mother f'en No I'd be doing the vertical mambo.

You are truly wise.
    Touché
    Even while at work???

you dont? sucks to be you
    *sigh*

I need a new job.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    LOL i just read through some of the comments here...and SO MANY OF THEM are just proving the point. wow.

The irony. :flowerforyou:
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    It seems that some people prefer to live life with the motto that 'ignorance is bliss'. If you fall in this category and do not want honest opinions then don't open yourself up to them.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    An honest opinion is not the same as a **** comment. Which i think is what shes talking about. Because there are plenty of those here.

And lets be honest. This isn't a run of the mill site. Its not friggin imgur or reddit. Many of the people here are overweight and very sensitive about it. Myself included. So of course when you need support or a pat on the back the last thing you want to read is a bunch of people shooting you down. And anyone that's ever felt bad about themselves should understand that.

But no. SO many of you wanna trample all over peoples feelings and be snarky, sarcastic a**holes. Well. Congrats. YOU are the wittiest people on MFP. WHoopWHoop

Irony. You're doing it right.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    An honest opinion is not the same as a **** comment. Which i think is what shes talking about. Because there are plenty of those here.

And lets be honest. This isn't a run of the mill site. Its not friggin imgur or reddit. Many of the people here are overweight and very sensitive about it. Myself included. So of course when you need support or a pat on the back the last thing you want to read is a bunch of people shooting you down. And anyone that's ever felt bad about themselves should understand that.

But no. SO many of you wanna trample all over peoples feelings and be snarky, sarcastic a**holes. Well. Congrats. YOU are the wittiest people on MFP. WHoopWHoop

A pat on the back is the last thing overweight, sensitive people need, frankly.

Look at all the people who started out fat and are now in amazing shape. Pretty much none of them will tell you that it all started with a pat on the back and a "there there." They'll tell you it was a tough learning process full of accepting hard truths. They'll tell you that the core of the experience was a dramatic change in the way the looked at and understood themselves, the world around them, and the relationship between the two.

The path from fat and being unable to control yourself to a fit, disciplined work of art involves you being more critical of yourself than anyone else will ever be. It involves challenge and determination and discipline and accepting that what you've done so far is pathetically substandard.

Disagree? Well, before you post take a look in the mirror and assess your own success first.
This discussion has been closed.