For GUYS only . That take weight lifting seriously ...

Options

Replies

• SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Usually people focus on 1 - 2 body parts per day when lifting .. They do about 3-4 exercises & 3-4 sets for those 2 body parts per workout... But lately my technique/routine is i do 1 exercise with 3 sets .. For each main body part bicep tricep back legs shoulder per workout. i know its alot of math loool, but Is my technique affective at all or just garbage? Does anybody else train the way i do or simular to it? Or the the other way or simular to it

No, definitely don't do that, if you as a beginner put enough effort in correctly and try to gain "lifting seriously", not just maintain, you will end up tearing down muscle and injury is likely with that setup. You really haven't trained hard enough the day before if you can go do the same weight max for the same sets as yesterday. Best to try an established routine, even like what you first describe (similar to classic split) or beginner programs they talked about above, like stronglifts or some such starting program mentioned above. And I'm sure by now you realize you've stepped on some toes, some of women who might be able to lift more than you "lifting seriously" ;)
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    First, apologize to the women or you'll never get all the feedback you need. My wife is 5'0" /125 lbs with a 125 bench and 230 dead-lift so take some advise and edit your post.
    Second, get a book or read on programs about lifting and you will realize why working every muscle is not the way to go. Muscle does not build during the exertion, it builds during the rest and recover. Working everything at once gives you no time to recoop and build muscle.
    Always work the large muscle set first and then the small. Do enough reps to tire the muscle and cause the lactic acid burn. If you only count to ten, you're cheating yourself. Strive to fail. If you work one set twice a week and work to failure, you'll build muscle. Working everything a little every time you go to the gym is not going to get heavy results.

Some links - try to fit some to your routine
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=WorkoutPrograms
    http://www.mensfitness.com/training/workout-routines

Good advice, in particular the apology ;)
    I hope the OP doesn't take that attitude towards women to the gym with him.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    in for sandwiches and women who can bench press the OP
  • saishyamk
    saishyamk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Because you said I could not post here

:angry: :angry: :angry:

lol.. :flowerforyou:
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Asking fir advice

you are doing it wrong!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    OP found a great way to get attention from women who lift....
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

Hahaha!! True!! Tell us we are not allowed something or somewhere and this is what's going to happen :bigsmile:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I swear it makes me want to compare biceps with him. I hope I'm not the only one feeling that :D:D
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Good point! Also, it was much faster and easier than going this route:

[imh]http://i.imgur.com/4H8RrdL.jpg[/img]

:laugh:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

Good point! Also, it was much faster and easier than going this route:

[imh]http://i.imgur.com/4H8RrdL.jpg[/img]

Let's try that again

4H8RrdL.jpg
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Usually people focus on 1 - 2 body parts per day when lifting .. They do about 3-4 exercises & 3-4 sets for those 2 body parts per workout... But lately my technique/routine is i do 1 exercise with 3 sets .. For each main body part bicep tricep back legs shoulder per workout. i know its alot of math loool, but Is my technique affective at all or just garbage? Does anybody else train the way i do or simular to it? Or the the other way or simular to it

220465344228116433_ONVWn2BE_c.jpg
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    In to watch the OP get internet B@!3# Slapped! Bahahaha..... OP you would be wise to edit your original post and make this about advice from any serious lifters.... I can tell you I have just as many woman on my friends list that know as much if not more than the guys..... Best of Luck
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options

"usually?"

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Maybe some body builders you know? Most people I know do compound lifts, which may focus on a particular third of the musculature, but are essentially full-body workouts, particularly if you're doing any serious power programming that adds in accessory work for weak points. My last workout on Cube method was bench, and included front and side delt raises, lat pulldowns, pull-ups...

That's about 200x more efficient than what you're talking about.

So is being willing to entertain input from the other half of the species.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You don't have a girlfriend, do you?

Highly doubtful

However, I suppose it is possible.

RkmgHiB.jpg

I love women who bite, scratch, claw,wrestle,etc.etc. Having a back and neck scratched and clawed like a galley slave the next day is very satisfying.

How YOU doin'? :wink:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options

220465344228116433_ONVWn2BE_c.jpg

This made my day. :laugh:
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I doesn't sound like a good plan. You are either not working things hard enough or you are not getting enough rest/recovery if you do work hard enough.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I can't bench him, but I can deadlift him. Does that count?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

I can't bench him, but I can deadlift him. Does that count?

Sometimes when I put my pink 5 pound weights down, I deadlift like a beast. :drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    *sttles in to ruffle some OP feathers*