For GUYS only . That take weight lifting seriously ...

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Where is all the female advice for 50 reps with 2lb dumbbells?

It's too heavy

You have to push it if you are going to tone.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Disappointing. From the title, I was expecting penis or testicle problems of a less metaphorical sort.

Well, he's obviously trying to overcompensate for something...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Well this thread was certainly entertaining.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Exactly! That penis sure gives one an edge, doesn't it?

not sure about an edge, but definitely a tip.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    It is pretty interesting to see the responses to this, vs the responses in the current first page posts explicitly labeled as for women. Complete hijack here, and all women in the "for women" threads.

Bit futile to expect post limitations to men in a forum where a huge majority of posts are female.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    i asked from advice from guys only because i can relate to them lol . so what ... thats not even sexist..... yesterday i only had 20 replies. i come today to see that i have over 100 replies of jus a bunch of girls just complaining . lol

^^this

He only asked for guys opinions because he wants guy advice. It's a gender thing not a sexist thing. Women are different to men. What a shock.

Everyone was pretty quick to jump up his *kitten* because he asked for "guys only". Compare that to how many "girl only" posts there are on MFP. Leave him alone FFS unless you have something useful to contribute.

OK, as a guy, let me offer these bits of advice:

1) OP's plan is utter sh1t.
    2) OP might want to consider not being such a dooshnozzle.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Thought this was going to be about inguinal hernias or something like that that only dudes have to worry about.

IDK about you girls though, i definitely only go to the gym to meet men to make sammiches for.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Man, all the women in here trashing the thread and not giving any good advice. How typical of broads, just a lot of complaining and no action. Even the White Knights are coming out of the woodwork to feign indigence. Let's go make a private group where we can discuss manly things out of the feminine public eye. I propose "NO GURLZ ALLOWED". All in favor? PM me.

You know, somehow you made this seem kind of hot.

My mental picture:

oXYxd7J.jpg

Please don't correct me, I like it my way.
    mmhmmm
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    To be fair, how many posts do you see addressing only the women. No one jumps all over them and cries - at least not that I've noticed.

Actually they do. And most of the "women only" type of posts are not fitness-related, but rather, related to menstruation. So the difference is that women *do* lift, but men do not menstruate.
  • jwdieter
    Options
    To be fair, how many posts do you see addressing only the women. No one jumps all over them and cries - at least not that I've noticed.

Actually they do. And most of the "women only" type of posts are not fitness-related, but rather, related to menstruation. So the difference is that women *do* lift, but men do not menstruate.

There are currently two front page posts addressed to women - how often do you weigh, and body recomp subjects. Neither are about menstruation, and the response is about 38-1 female.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    i asked from advice from guys only because i can relate to them lol . so what ... thats not even sexist..... yesterday i only had 20 replies. i come today to see that i have over 100 replies of jus a bunch of girls just complaining . lol

^^this

He only asked for guys opinions because he wants guy advice. It's a gender thing not a sexist thing. Women are different to men. What a shock.

Everyone was pretty quick to jump up his *kitten* because he asked for "guys only". Compare that to how many "girl only" posts there are on MFP. Leave him alone FFS unless you have something useful to contribute.
    enlighten me. Just how are women different to men when it comes to weight training?

and how is your post contributing something useful?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just to say I was here too...

...and because I meet the requirements to post here...

...but mostly to let about a hundred women on my FL know about this thread.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options

There are currently two front page posts addressed to women - how often do you weigh, and body recomp subjects. Neither are about menstruation, and the response is about 38-1 female.

I won't post in the period threads either being menopausal and not having one either :smile:

I was just astounded by the speed with which everyone piled on this guy. Me, I have no horse in this race and don't care from whom he prefers to get his advice.

In my eyes, it's a glaring double standard. It also comes across as insecure for everyone that felt he needed to get their input and felt excluded. If you're that confident in your abilities, your reaction may be more like 'whatever buddy'.
  • jwdieter
    Options
    enlighten me. Just how are women different to men when it comes to weight training?

There are about a thousand pages of posts on MFP about how women gain muscle differently than men.
  • wheird
    Options
    30DS is NOT strength training. :angry:
  • wheird
    Options

There are about a thousand pages of posts on MFP about how women gain muscle differently than men.

Being serious for a moment, those posts are generally made by people who know little about fitness and physiology.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Replying because: I'm a woman who lifts and am not supposed to...

I follow a 4 day split on 5/3/1 and work related muscle groups after my 'big lifts':
    -Bench
    -DL
    -OHP
    -Squat

I'd advise not doing full body every day but working certain muscle groups (push/pull, or do upper/lower, etc.) so that your muscles have enough time (I'd say at least 48 hours) to recover.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    He wasn't asking about how men gain differently than women (and they do, which is why a recomp post directed to women is appropriate). He was asking for a critique of his routine. Women and men use the same routines, or they should. A lot of women here use much better routines than OP.

And it's the internet. **** happens.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Man, all the women in here trashing the thread and not giving any good advice. How typical of broads, just a lot of complaining and no action. Even the White Knights are coming out of the woodwork to feign indigence. Let's go make a private group where we can discuss manly things out of the feminine public eye. I propose "NO GURLZ ALLOWED". All in favor? PM me.

I'll have you know my indigence is sadly, very,very real. I have nothing but this laptop and the clothes on my back. Thank goodness for the escape of free wifi or the reality of my desolate existence might be too much for me to take.

My indignance on the other hand, is only partially real. Mostly I'm here for the lols.

You win again, vocabularyyyyyy!

tumblr_ltt5fgn5M81qealqho1_500.gif

We real men don't care for that sissy vocabulary/grammar/spelling crap.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Exactly! That penis sure gives one an edge, doesn't it?

not sure about an edge, but definitely a tip.

Actually it's the testes. They produce all the muscle-building testosterone :tongue: :tongue: