For GUYS only . That take weight lifting seriously ...

Options

Replies

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    So you do one exercise for "legs"?

It's probably best if you ignore the ladies. Most of the ones here would embarrass you.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    i'd bet most of the ladies here could deadlift OP 20 reps 4 sets... anyone want to take the over/under?

I still can't figure out if he is young and/or naive and didn't see this coming.....or got us 'lifting ladies' all riled up on purpose.

Maybe a bit of both ;)

But come on, dude is 20, sounds new to lifting so it's probably natural he wants to hear from other guys who are lifting and share his goals. Sometimes men just like hanging out, lifting and talking crap. No slight to women or belief they are inferior.

Now someone pass me a cigar and some cognac.

How about he just posted without the qualifier and ignored the posts by women.

Now...what about that sammich.
  • Lady_Layla
    Lady_Layla Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Exactly! That penis sure gives one an edge, doesn't it?
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    i'd bet most of the ladies here could deadlift OP 20 reps 4 sets... anyone want to take the over/under?

I still can't figure out if he is young and/or naive and didn't see this coming.....or got us 'lifting ladies' all riled up on purpose.

Maybe a bit of both ;)

But come on, dude is 20, sounds new to lifting so it's probably natural he wants to hear from other guys who are lifting and share his goals. Sometimes men just like hanging out, lifting and talking crap. No slight to women or belief they are inferior.

Now someone pass me a cigar and some cognac.

You forgot make you a sammich.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Usually people focus on 1 - 2 body parts per day when lifting .. They do about 3-4 exercises & 3-4 sets for those 2 body parts per workout... But lately my technique/routine is i do 1 exercise with 3 sets .. For each main body part bicep tricep back legs shoulder per workout. i know its alot of math loool, but Is my technique affective at all or just garbage? Does anybody else train the way i do or simular to it? Or the the other way or simular to it

since when are biceps and triceps main body parts?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Usually people focus on 1 - 2 body parts per day when lifting .. They do about 3-4 exercises & 3-4 sets for those 2 body parts per workout... But lately my technique/routine is i do 1 exercise with 3 sets .. For each main body part bicep tricep back legs shoulder per workout. i know its alot of math loool, but Is my technique affective at all or just garbage? Does anybody else train the way i do or simular to it? Or the the other way or simular to it

since when are biceps and triceps main body parts?

I wouldn't want to have to do without mine!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

And then we all walked into the distance, bathed in the warm glow of the setting evening sun, holding hands and quietly singing "kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya...."

Oh, I'd love one now you're offering. Salt beef on rye would be fabulous.

Baby.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Because women just flutter around the gym with barbie weights just to kill some time :huh:

My friday is complete b/c of this picture. Thank you.

And no comment to the OP because I have a vagina.
  • PrimalGirl
    PrimalGirl Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else train the way i do or simular to it?

I don't. I take weight lifting seriously.

Ba ha ha ha
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

And then we all walked into the distance, bathed in the warm glow of the setting evening sun, holding hands and quietly singing "kumbaya, my Lord, kumbaya...."

Baby.

It shouldn't, but this made me laugh.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    (X southern belle accent x) whats a "weight" ? I only lift my husbands feet from the floor to the coffee table.. u silly gals!

Lol! I do the basic 2 muscle groups 4 reps, 5 days a week..

Which basic 2 Chest and back Or Legs and Chest or Legs and Back? Or Arms. Or do you mean upper body and lower body?
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Not really sure why you'd exclude women, lol. I guarantee you a women who has achieved the goals you're currently going after is going to have some good advice, because they don't progress much at all unless everything is dialed in.

Anyway, I've never done anything like what you're describing, though it does ring a bell... I could swear I heard of some people doing that. It might have been for some kind of rehab though, or just general conditioning. If your goal is hypertrophy, I expect you'll be better off sticking to some established routine like 5x5 or a three/four day split. Especially as a beginner.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    First, apologize to the women or you'll never get all the feedback you need. My wife is 5'0" /125 lbs with a 125 bench and 230 dead-lift so take some advise and edit your post.

Truth...they wont let anything go, they have to be right, and they have to be involved unless its about them and then no one but women are allowed.

Well, honey, if ya'll weren't always wrong they wouldn't always be right. :flowerforyou:
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

Baby.

It shouldn't, but this made me laugh.

Wut? That's not how this is supposed to play out!!

You're supposed to say "Sling your hook you pervert"

And I would be all like "Psssh, I told you biyaches be cray cray"

Then your FL would post random, assorted gifs.

I would still be all up in yo grill and saying "Do I look boovered"

More gifs.

Thread locked.

Well this has been no fun. I am taking my balls and going home.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    To be fair, how many posts do you see addressing only the women. No one jumps all over them and cries - at least not that I've noticed.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Hey I think all of the guys should start weighing in on the "all female" post. You Know the ones . I'm 5'5" and I want to see a picture of how big my but is at 130lbs. Come on ladies , dude just wanted some input from people who can tell him what relates to his situation. He doesn't have enough estrogen to take your advice. But then again anytime your not included in a converstion that makes you a victim right?

LOL because all of us women on this thread are exactly the same ones who post the "all female" posts....

you know that all women are individuals and different from each other, right? Just as all men are....

I don't make "women only" posts, and wouldn't even if I was asking about women's issues like periods, breastfeeding or childbirth, because I don't assume that no man could possibly know anything about it or have any advice that could help. A male ob-gyn possibly saved my baby's life and mine too............ some men know a lot about women's issues and some women know a lot about men's issues. Oh, and lifting weights isn't even a men's issue. The main problem the women here have with this thread is the assumption that women won't know anything about lifting, when there's women on this site that could bench press the OP.

And the "women only" threads on here regularly get invaded by men, and the women who make them are told by the majority here that they can't expect men to not reply to them because this is a public forum, so the OP isn't getting any different treatment to what the women who post "women only" threads then make chauvinistic assumptions in them do...
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hey I think all of the guys should start weighing in on the "all female" post. You Know the ones . I'm 5'5" and I want to see a picture of how big my but is at 130lbs. Come on ladies , dude just wanted some input from people who can tell him what relates to his situation. He doesn't have enough estrogen to take your advice. But then again anytime your not included in a converstion that makes you a victim right?

LOL because all of us women on this thread are exactly the same ones who post the "all female" posts....

you know that all women are individuals and different from each other, right? Just as all men are....

I don't make "women only" posts, and wouldn't even if I was asking about women's issues like periods, breastfeeding or childbirth, because I don't assume that no man could possibly know anything about it or have any advice that could help. A male ob-gyn possibly saved my baby's life and mine too............ some men know a lot about women's issues and some women know a lot about men's issues. Oh, and lifting weights isn't even a men's issue. The main problem the women here have with this thread is the assumption that women won't know anything about lifting, when there's women on this site that could bench press the OP.

And the "women only" threads on here regularly get invaded by men, and the women who make them are told by the majority here that they can't expect men to not reply to them because this is a public forum, so the OP isn't getting any different treatment to what the women who post "women only" threads then make chauvinistic assumptions in them do...

Well said :drinker:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

My advice would be:

Do compound lifts. Squats, dead-lifts, bench, OHP, barbell rows, etc. Or better yet get a good program like Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5. Then, if you want, you can follow up with isolation exercises like bicep curls, tricep extensions, leg curls, etc.

^ Where does estrogen come into that advice?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

My advice would be:

Do compound lifts. Squats, dead-lifts, bench, OHP, barbell rows, etc. Or better yet get a good program like Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5. Then, if you want, you can follow up with isolation exercises like bicep curls, tricep extensions, leg curls, etc.

^ Where does estrogen come into that advice?

Now now, calm down. Stop being hysterical.

:flowerforyou:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Man, all the women in here trashing the thread and not giving any good advice. How typical of broads, just a lot of complaining and no action. Even the White Knights are coming out of the woodwork to feign indigence. Let's go make a private group where we can discuss manly things out of the feminine public eye. I propose "NO GURLZ ALLOWED". All in favor? PM me.