For GUYS only . That take weight lifting seriously ...

Options

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    He wasn't asking about how men gain differently than women (and they do, which is why a recomp post directed to women is appropriate). He was asking for a critique of his routine. Women and men use the same routines, or they should. A lot of women here use much better routines than OP.

And it's the internet. **** happens.

He's young, inexperienced, and mildly incoherent. The implication of directing posts to men is how effective his routine is in stimulating muscle growth. Basically he got a few decent responses, then a shtstorm of kneejerks to his thread title, not his question, mostly of the "la la la I'm female posting in yer thread" variety.

The reality of MFP is these forums are mostly female. And the title struck a nerve because people chose to take it the wrong way. And it's mostly unmoderated internet, so yeah.
  • dockholiday8234
    dockholiday8234 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    OP is a genius. He is the grand master of getting female attention one way or the other : )
  • dockholiday8234
    Options
    Replying because: I'm a woman who lifts and am not supposed to...

I follow a 4 day split on 5/3/1 and work related muscle groups after my 'big lifts':
    -Bench
    -DL
    -OHP
    -Squat

I'd advise not doing full body every day but working certain muscle groups (push/pull, or do upper/lower, etc.) so that your muscles have enough time (I'd say at least 48 hours) to recover.

Solid program and advice right there!

To the others sh*tting on OP.. he's probably young-ish and more comfortable talking with guys. That's it.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    He just made it very easy to bust his balls. Come on, that's not an opportunity most of the guys here would pass up, either :) I don't think anybody took it all very seriously.

And more kilt men, please!
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    To the others sh*tting on OP.. he's probably young-ish and more comfortable talking with guys. That's it.

Yeah, but this was more entertaining.
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Man, all the women in here trashing the thread and not giving any good advice. How typical of broads, just a lot of complaining and no action. Even the White Knights are coming out of the woodwork to feign indigence. Let's go make a private group where we can discuss manly things out of the feminine public eye. I propose "NO GURLZ ALLOWED". All in favor? PM me.

You know, somehow you made this seem kind of hot.

My mental picture:

oXYxd7J.jpg

Please don't correct me, I like it my way.

Be back in 3 minutes...

This is def. a reoccurring photo on here.. and I really enjoy it.. probably more than I should...

On a side note, if there is a group with beefy sweaty men in kilts socializing, where is it? I would like to mouth breath and drool while watching. Kthx
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Also, this.

rejyoH3.jpg
  • dockholiday8234
    Options

Yeah, but this was more entertaining.

lol, cannot argue with that.
  • Dr_Gains
    Dr_Gains Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    lolz you ladies with your pink dumbbells are so cute :p
  • Samalama34
    Options
    strength training or hypertrophy? & how long have you been training?
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My my, this thread blew up didn't it....

My advice from post 2 stands - compound multi joint lifts (bench, squat, lunge, OHP, chins, rows, DL) plus accessory lifts (curls, pushdowns, flyes etc) as secondary work if you feel it neccessary. Sleep 8 hours a day, eat a surplus to grow and rest 48-72 hours between working the same muscle group. Everything else is bull to be honest.

For the guy/girl thing that's going on, I have no real opinion... I don't even read 'women only' threads - the clue is in the title.. The OP isn't interested in my opinion for whatever reason. Plenty of other threads for me to run my mouth in...

Jay
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Also, this.

rejyoH3.jpg

I have that same kilt!
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    First, apologize to the women or you'll never get all the feedback you need. My wife is 5'0" /125 lbs with a 125 bench and 230 dead-lift so take some advise and edit your post.
    Second, get a book or read on programs about lifting and you will realize why working every muscle is not the way to go. Muscle does not build during the exertion, it builds during the rest and recover. Working everything at once gives you no time to recoop and build muscle.
    Always work the large muscle set first and then the small. Do enough reps to tire the muscle and cause the lactic acid burn. If you only count to ten, you're cheating yourself. Strive to fail. If you work one set twice a week and work to failure, you'll build muscle. Working everything a little every time you go to the gym is not going to get heavy results.

Some links - try to fit some to your routine
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=WorkoutPrograms
    http://www.mensfitness.com/training/workout-routines

Bumping to read up on later!!!
  • Brandonalex15
    Brandonalex15 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I follow a 4 day split on 5/3/1 and work related muscle groups after my 'big lifts':
    -Bench
    -DL
    -OHP
    -Squat

I'd advise not doing full body every day but working certain muscle groups (push/pull, or do upper/lower, etc.) so that your muscles have enough time (I'd say at least 48 hours) to recover.
    if all you womenthink u have good routines you should of took your 2 minutes of typing to possst them and MAKE me see them.. Instead of using those two minutes to complain . if U guys are so prideful and confident in your routine you shuld have just posted them anyway like this lady did. Even though i didnt want to see them . I would much rather see ur routine than ur complaing . Geez
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    And I'd much rather be seeing more kilts, Brandonalex. Sucks to be us! ;):D
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

-Bench
    -DL
    -OHP
    -Squat

if all you womenthink u have good routines you should of took your 2 minutes of typing to possst them and MAKE me see them.. Instead of using those two minutes to complain . if U guys are so prideful and confident in your routine you shuld have just posted them anyway like this lady did. Even though i didnt want to see them . I would much rather see ur routine than ur complaing . Geez

I did post mine. Stronglifts 5x5. Google it. Sign up. Get the free PDF download. It includes the 5 major compound lifts; squats, deaf lifts, bench press, shoulder press, Pendlay rows. Watch the videos. Pay very close attention to form. Progress.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    /thread

-Bench
    -DL
    -OHP
    -Squat

I did post mine. Stronglifts 5x5. Google it. Sign up. Get the free PDF download. It includes the 5 major compound lifts; squats, deaf lifts, bench press, shoulder press, Pendlay rows. Watch the videos. Pay very close attention to form. Progress.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Good thing you specified "GUYS only". Us ladies don't know anything about lifting.

I knew that would go over well ... I am still amazed the OP had the nerve to say that.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Usually people focus on 1 - 2 body parts per day when lifting .. They do about 3-4 exercises & 3-4 sets for those 2 body parts per workout... But lately my technique/routine is i do 1 exercise with 3 sets .. For each main body part bicep tricep back legs shoulder per workout. i know its alot of math loool, but Is my technique affective at all or just garbage? Does anybody else train the way i do or simular to it? Or the the other way or simular to it

Jaybone said what I was thinking... U went from some sort of split to a FBW... You're a novice and you shouldnt be coming up with your own program. Do something popular like SS, SL, 521, APSBR, etc.... Your lifting sounds like a case of ****arounditis..You need proper programming

This. Pick a beginner program and stick to it. Do not, I repeat, do not change/add anything in it. These programs like madcow, SS and all the classic beginner 5x5 programs are designed for you to take full advantage of "noob gains" and will have you adding mass in the fastest most efficient way. Pick a beginner program that concentrates on all of your compound movements, once you are past the novice stage you can start making your own splits and incorporate the isolation stuff. Compounds are the core, most primal and effective exercises you can do.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Good thing you specified "GUYS only". Us ladies don't know anything about lifting.

I knew that would go over well ... I am still amazed the OP had the nerve to say that.

He's young. He doesn't realize us older ladies could teach him a thing or two.......

I mean about lifting of course.