For GUYS only . That take weight lifting seriously ...

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Replying because: I'm a woman who lifts and am not supposed to...

I follow a 4 day split on 5/3/1 and work related muscle groups after my 'big lifts':
    -Bench
    -DL
    -OHP
    -Squat

I'd advise not doing full body every day but working certain muscle groups (push/pull, or do upper/lower, etc.) so that your muscles have enough time (I'd say at least 48 hours) to recover.
    if all you womenthink u have good routines you should of took your 2 minutes of typing to possst them and MAKE me see them.. Instead of using those two minutes to complain . if U guys are so prideful and confident in your routine you shuld have just posted them anyway like this lady did. Even though i didnt want to see them . I would much rather see ur routine than ur complaing . Geez

Why should we? And frankly I do not give a rat's *kitten* what you prefer to see.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Also, this.

rejyoH3.jpg

I have that same kilt!

How YOU doin' :wink:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    lolz you ladies with your pink dumbbells are so cute :p

Aww.....honeybun......
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    i asked from advice from guys only because i can relate to them lol . so what ... thats not even sexist..... yesterday i only had 20 replies. i come today to see that i have over 100 replies of jus a bunch of girls just complaining . lol

Girls....lmao.
  • PtheronJr
    PtheronJr Posts: 108 Member
    Options

I follow a 4 day split on 5/3/1 and work related muscle groups after my 'big lifts':
    -Bench
    -DL
    -OHP
    -Squat

I'd advise not doing full body every day but working certain muscle groups (push/pull, or do upper/lower, etc.) so that your muscles have enough time (I'd say at least 48 hours) to recover.
    if all you womenthink u have good routines you should of took your 2 minutes of typing to possst them and MAKE me see them.. Instead of using those two minutes to complain . if U guys are so prideful and confident in your routine you shuld have just posted them anyway like this lady did. Even though i didnt want to see them . I would much rather see ur routine than ur complaing . Geez

Lmao, kid, stop digging yourself deeper into a hole, I bet some of these ladies use your max as a warm-up.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Well i can have a penis whenever i want. So IN.

I lift every other day, full body.
    Focus on deadlifts, squats, bench press, OHP.
    I have recently switched up things a little, from high weights low reps only to both high weights low reps AND some volume work. We'll see how i like it.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

I am now extemely confused about you....But strangely still interested.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

I am now extemely confused about you....But strangely still interested.

Kinky.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    enlighten me. Just how are women different to men when it comes to weight training?

There are about a thousand pages of posts on MFP about how women gain muscle differently than men.

Being serious for a moment, those posts are generally made by people who know little about fitness and physiology.

...but there are legitimate differences.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    enlighten me. Just how are women different to men when it comes to weight training?

There are about a thousand pages of posts on MFP about how women gain muscle differently than men.

Being serious for a moment, those posts are generally made by people who know little about fitness and physiology.

legitimate what now?
  • Brandonalex15
    Brandonalex15 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

-Bench
    -DL
    -OHP
    -Squat

Lmao, kid, stop digging yourself deeper into a hole, I bet some of these ladies use your max as a warm-up.
    Doubt it .
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

legitimate what now?

Our uteruses might fall out.

Oh and our bodies are predisposed to difficulty in building muscle. This point is exactly why people should pay attention to the women on here who have overcome that difficulty and are lifting crazy heavy. When I grow up, I wanna be like Sara.
  • Immerito
    Immerito Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey I think all of the guys should start weighing in on the "all female" post. You Know the ones . I'm 5'5" and I want to see a picture of how big my but is at 130lbs. Come on ladies , dude just wanted some input from people who can tell him what relates to his situation. He doesn't have enough estrogen to take your advice. But then again anytime your not included in a converstion that makes you a victim right?

He could have accomplished that without the inclusion of the word "only".
  • Immerito
    Options
    Usually people focus on 1 - 2 body parts per day when lifting .. They do about 3-4 exercises & 3-4 sets for those 2 body parts per workout... But lately my technique/routine is i do 1 exercise with 3 sets .. For each main body part bicep tricep back legs shoulder per workout. i know its alot of math loool, but Is my technique affective at all or just garbage? Does anybody else train the way i do or simular to it? Or the the other way or simular to it

Friendly tip, Op--if you don't take the heavy lifting ladies seriously, the heavy lifting men will take you less seriously: on the grounds that you have already demonstrated a proclivity to dismiss sound advice.
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Also, this.

rejyoH3.jpg

ummmm, more guys in kilts...pleeease?
  • Immerito
    Options
    I doesn't sound like a good plan. You are either not working things hard enough or you are not getting enough rest/recovery if you do work hard enough.

In another thread the OP states: "i do 30 min of cardio twice a day and weights for 45 min everyday ." He also expresses frustration with not achieving the results he wants. Overtraining & insufficient rest.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1109832-how-much-do-you-workout
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I work on a 5 day split so that each major group is hit twice and there are 2 days off from lifting during the week. Start with the compounds first then hit a few assistance/auxiliary exercises. During the basketball season I drop the second lower body day as it affects my overall agility on the court when all jacked up with DOMS.

The days are also split by heavy/power (low rep range) days and hypertrophy (higher rep range) days.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I swear it makes me want to compare biceps with him. I hope I'm not the only one feeling that :D:D

I am pretty sure mine are bigger :p and if not- I KNOW I can DL him as well.

GIGGLE>

To bad he doesn't know women train the same as men... you know- because we seriously lift too- lift sammishes- and beer... and their feet to dust the coffee table.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you could try prancercize?
    prancercise.gif
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Perhaps you could try prancercize?
    prancercise.gif
    Where's he going to get the cameltoed white sweats to do that exercise properly? Now see why he said guys only?!?! ;):bigsmile: