Horrible experience in the gym tonight

Options

Replies

• Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, but what's open carrying?

In the gym?
    A completely unnecessary, douchy way of compensating for whatever insecurities one might have. Also a potential hazard, and highly likely to make other people in the gym very uncomfortable.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    everyone is so god damn passive aggressive in this world
    who me?
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options

Carrying your gun where people can see it (ex: on your hip in a holster).

Ah thank you :-) never heard it, no carrying guns (legally) in UK
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    last night I walked up to two guys benching.

i waited till one was done his set and asked the one standing how many sets they had left and smiled.

he said one.

I said great, thank you, and stood off to the side.

He wiped down the bench for me when they were done and said all yours and have a good workout.

imagine that.

To be fair, they were probably scared of you. You are one intimidating lady. :bigsmile:
    LOL.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Because its totes justified to cap a fool for trying to take your 10 pound plates.
  • sclark4735
    Options
    Report it to the manager. The employees should be on the lookout for that kind of thing. Or change gyms.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

Because its totes justified to cap a fool for trying to take your 10 pound plates.

Duh!!!

(psst: I think the person that posted that was kidding).
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

To be fair, here it can also mean drinking vodka or something out of a cup. That might be fun in the gym, or maybe that's just me :D
  • Hestion
    Options

To be fair, here it can also mean drinking vodka or something out of a cup. That might be fun in the gym, or maybe that's just me :D

Vodka???? I'm in ;-)
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym I bring a crossbow.

I tell the guys that work there that it's part of my crossfit box's journeyman program.

But those dudes in the gym know that if they even LOOK at my weights (by which I mean the weights that I'm using at the moment, because of course it's not actually my property, it's the Gym's property, and the others are paying members) I will punch a hole in their throat with a barbed bolt.

And yes, I'm serious.

I've only had to fire one shot, a warning shot. I had my spotter say "send it!" when I was ready.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
  • sjohnny
    Options

I tell the guys that work there that it's part of my crossfit box's journeyman program.

But those dudes in the gym know that if they even LOOK at my weights (by which I mean the weights that I'm using at the moment, because of course it's not actually my property, it's the Gym's property, and the others are paying members) I will punch a hole in their throat with a barbed bolt.

And yes, I'm serious.

I've only had to fire one shot, a warning shot. I had my spotter say "send it!" when I was ready.

And that, ladies, is how it's done.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

And yes, I'm serious.

*swoon*

Be my lifting partner, kay? I need you to scare off all those big scary men.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    German_Medieval_Crossbowman_by_SniperDreamWorX.jpg

RE-RACK THINE PLATES, SWINE!
  • Hestion
    Options

If we all wore armour we wouldn't need those plates ;-)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

And yes, I'm serious.

• sjohnny
    Options

And yes, I'm serious.

D'OH!!!

I got got again!
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

Art thou vexed, kinsman?
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options

And yes, I'm serious.

D'OH!!!

I got got again!

I'm pretty sure he's serious. Those crossfit people can be intense.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

8d50d3abed389ca4f4321312b63da485.gif