McDonald's discontinuing Ceasar Salad

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Probably because as relatively unhealthy as a Ceasar salad is (referring to the cheese, croutons & Ceasar dressing), it was one of the "healthiest" choices on the menu. And, let's face it, who goes to McDonald's for anything other than grease laden beef cakes? :huh:
    I get their wraps, salads and ice cream......................................along with an egg mcmuffin and a quarter pounder with cheese. :laugh:
    Just depends on what I want to eat that day when I go.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Oops - I posted the wrong picture. That is the chicken nuggets

Link

http://gizmodo.com/5654066/chicken-nuggets-are-made-from-this-pink-chicken-goop

Either way - pretty bad looking.

Bzzzzt. Incorrect again!

Want a third try?
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I like the old saying going to mcdonalds for a salad is like going to a prostitue for a hug. But thats my logic. Did not read all the posts but im sure someone beat me to it. By the way most meat processing plants have quit using the pink slime including Mcdonalds in the US anyways.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Mmmm grease laden "beef" cakes :)

mmmm beef cakes...
    I am totally no longer thinking about food..
    :love: :blushing: :love:
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yeah so is this actually happening? I checked the Googles and nothing about them discontinuing their caesar salad appears.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Yeah so is this actually happening? I checked the Googles and nothing about them discontinuing their caesar salad appears.

No, but there are articles about them trying to thin out their menu a bit.

And the Caesar salad has been removed from their online menu and nutritional PDF.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Probably because as relatively unhealthy as a Ceasar salad is (referring to the cheese, croutons & Ceasar dressing), it was one of the "healthiest" choices on the menu. And, let's face it, who goes to McDonald's for anything other than grease laden beef cakes? :huh:
    I get their wraps, salads and ice cream......................................along with an egg mcmuffin and a quarter pounder with cheese. :laugh:
    Just depends on what I want to eat that day when I go.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I haven't been able to eat it in years, but McDonald's ice cream is vastly underrated. It's delicious and a great choice for a treat for those who get a smaller amount of calories.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    That's too bad. Not a fast food person at all, but on the rare occasion I'd go to McDonalds I indeed would sometimes opt for a salad (yes people, some of us actually do like the taste of salad and chose to eat it over burgers and mystery fish). They were actually pretty decent tasting for a fast food salad.

I can't even recall the last time I stepped foot in a Mickey D's, but I do recall being very disappointed that they no longer had those great, convenient salad shakers!

Come to think of it, at this point McDonalds has discontinued just about the few items from there I actually liked (besides the french fries). Best burger they ever had, which was shockingly good to me, was the old Big N' Tasty. I also loved the Shamrock shake. Do they still make that? As a kid I loved their ice cream and shakes, but they changed that recipe ages ago and they're nowhere near as good. And how about the Arch Deluxe? I liked that one too.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    That's too bad. Not a fast food person at all, but on the rare occasion I'd go to McDonalds I indeed would sometimes opt for a salad (yes people, some of us actually do like the taste of salad and chose to eat it over burgers and mystery fish). They were actually pretty decent tasting for a fast food salad.

I can't even recall the last time I stepped foot in a Mickey D's, but I do recall being very disappointed that they no longer had those great, convenient salad shakers!

They still have salads on the menu. They just got rid of the Caesar.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options
    On the rare occasion I choose a salad, I want it to be somewhat different, and I want to feel like I'm not being royally ripped off. Ceasar Salad doesn't meet those criteria for me. I always have lettuce, a bottle of Ceasar dressing, and chicken in my fridge.

As a huge fan of caesar salad, trust me when I say you don't know how incredible a well made caesar can be. Last month, while visiting Philly, my wife and I had a table side ceasar done fresh at Bistro Romano. So good it makes you wanna smack your momma clear across the face, and there was a lot more to it than just lettuce, a low quality bottle of processed dressing, and chicken.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Options

They still have salads on the menu. They just got rid of the Caesar.

The caesar was the only salad from them that interested me.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    McDonalds has the better breakfasts, Burger King has the better Lunches if we are talking about the two big dogs in the fight. I don't eat salads at McDonalds just like I don't go to the Lobster Shack for a Steak. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the salads but that's not why I would go there. I'll have an egg mcmuffin thank you.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Its those damn wraps...
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Probably because it as well as every other mcdonalds salad was the most disgusting salad known to man
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Probably because it as well as every other mcdonalds salad was the most disgusting salad known to man

Confirmed for never having eaten one.
  • nordeast_yah
    Options
    The McD's here in the Cities have a long history of going against corporate wishes.
    It'd be fun to see them keep it.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Yeah, people who trash McDonalds clearly havent eaten there in awhile. Their food has improved quite a bit.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Yeah, people who trash McDonalds clearly havent eaten there in awhile. Their food has improved quite a bit.

had one a couple months ago, disgusting, and so small for what you pay for, tried their wraps about a month ago, just meh, tried a grilled chicken sandwich a week ago, beyond disgusting. ive definately tried!!
  • jonnythan
    Options

had one a couple months ago, disgusting, and so small for what you pay for, tried their wraps about a month ago, just meh, tried a grilled chicken sandwich a week ago, beyond disgusting. ive definately tried!!

Open your diary. I don't believe you.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    man people are really opinionated on fast food restaurants.