so true
  • patfriendly
    patfriendly Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Athletic for sure
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    The most important thing to take home from this thread is that people are not allowed to have a preference, and if they do, they are not allowed to openly discuss it.

Have all the preferences you want.

Just don't turn around and call the other options "disgusting", "nasty", "freaky", etc.

Preferences do not have to = body shaming another choice.

I was referring back to the first couple pages where the women were openly bashing the OP for even putting up this question despite the fact that it was pretty obviously aimed at men merely asking their opinions and not saying anything insulting. That being said the fact that the "skinny" photo has clearly been photoshopped to make her look just plain sickly and malnourished doesn't help.

You certainly couldn't be referring back to me or Sarah, who both pointed out, "People don't seem to learn the difference between stating a preference and body shaming." Like you! What a relevant example!

And I don't believe asking a question of, "What are you hoping to accomplish OP? Would you really change yourself for others opinions?" is bashing. Socratic reasoning is apparently quite antagonistic.

Oh, and let's not forget the assumption you make about, "This was clearly aimed at men." Because women can't be attracted to women nor even express appreciation for a bodytype?

How many more "hypocritical" or "ignorant" boxes can I check off for your post?
  • HawtinPhoenix
    HawtinPhoenix Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like several types but if you put a gun to my head and said I could only choose one, then it'd be #4. I wish they either had better descriptions or just left the names off altogether.
    20120626131610.jpg

I have a feeling the jealous woman who made this chart was a 2
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    meh. I spent enough time wishing I had a different body.

Now I like my body. It is not perfect but I am working on sculpting the best me I can and focusing on things I CAN change instead of worrying about things I can't, and if someone else doesn't like it I really don't care anymore.

It's kind of an awesome feeling.

Oh hell, common sense on the boards. Like seeing a unicorn in their natural habitat. No one will believe it. :laugh:
  • HawtinPhoenix
    HawtinPhoenix Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am hotter than all of them.

You can all go home now.

2je42kp.jpg
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Athletic. OMG, gets me every time.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I am hotter than all of them.

You can all go home now.

2je42kp.jpg
    If I was humble, I'd be perfect
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The most important thing to take home from this thread is that people are not allowed to have a preference, and if they do, they are not allowed to openly discuss it.

Have all the preferences you want.

Just don't turn around and call the other options "disgusting", "nasty", "freaky", etc.

Preferences do not have to = body shaming another choice.

I was referring back to the first couple pages where the women were openly bashing the OP for even putting up this question despite the fact that it was pretty obviously aimed at men merely asking their opinions and not saying anything insulting. That being said the fact that the "skinny" photo has clearly been photoshopped to make her look just plain sickly and malnourished doesn't help.

You certainly couldn't be referring back to me or Sarah, who both pointed out, "People don't seem to learn the difference between stating a preference and body shaming." Like you! What a relevant example!

And I don't believe asking a question of, "What are you hoping to accomplish OP? Would you really change yourself for others opinions?" is bashing. Socratic reasoning is apparently quite antagonistic.

Oh, and let's not forget the assumption you make about, "This was clearly aimed at men." Because women can't be attracted to women nor even express appreciation for a bodytype?

How many more "hypocritical" or "ignorant" boxes can I check off for your post?

Call it a logical assumption based on the fact that this is the xxxxth time this question, with a link to pictures of different body types (usually showing various degrees of muscle tone or lack thereof rather than actual body shapes) has been asked. And seeing the same replies every single time. And regarding the question of "what is the OP trying to accomplish" by asking this, seems to me that they're trying to satisfy personal curiosity.

All I'm saying is that this, like many other subjects nowadays, has become very, very touchy. To the point where people have to very carefully word how they phrase things or else they get picked apart by people who are overly sensitive.

And I fail to see how anything I said was hypocritical.
  • sjayleen
    sjayleen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thick athletic!! i want her body!!!!! =(
  • sjayleen
    sjayleen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    NUMBER 3 HAS MY IDEAL BODY!!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    This thread is going well...
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I like several types but if you put a gun to my head and said I could only choose one, then it'd be #4. I wish they either had better descriptions or just left the names off altogether.
    20120626131610.jpg

My ideal for myself is #2 (I won't call it normal because although it is 'normal' it's not the only one).
  • sassabella
    Options
    Athletic. I don't really think this is a good representation of different body types though.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    None of them represent what I want to look like, actually. I'm 5'11", have a 35-36" inseam, and an hourglass shape. I aspire to get my measurements back to 36-26-36 and my ideal is size 6 self from 1993-2009 before I gained weight.

That said, if I had to pick a celeb for inspiration, it would be Jordin Sparks from her Shape cover. She's my height and her shape and body type are similar to mine when I was in shape, though I was thinner in the hips and thighs
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Socratic reasoning is apparently quite antagonistic.

Yep, by definition. It is passive-agressive food-fight picking, and isn't a part of respectful discourse.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    This is still going? Eh, I'm "normal" with a bit more curves. What does it matter, women are beautiful in all shapes and sizes.

• egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    20120626131610.jpg

:noway: I agree, some ridiculous descriptions in there. "Normal"??? Does that mean if I'm not shaped like her I'm abnormal?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    20120626131610.jpg

Every girl should be going for skinny (number 0). Thats what all guys like. The muscular one makes me think that anytime she goes to the bathroom she would probably be doing pushups in there. All the other that aren't 0 makes me think anytime they go to the bathroom they are probably sneaking in food they don't wanna eat in front of me.