7 Day Fruit and Vegetables only!!!

Options
Hello all,
This week I will be eating fruits and vegetables. I am doing this kind of to prepare for Thanksgiving. I know I will indulge in a lot of foods that are usually off limits. So I decided, I may be able to prevent a huge set back in my weight loss journey by doing this. I have been hearing a lot about "juicing" and shake diets but I think I need the option of actually chewing food lol. Have any of you had experience with juicing or shakes?

I'm hoping to see some great non scale results after these 7 days such as: mental clarity, more vibrant skin etc. What do you all think?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah no...you need protien and fats in your diet.

I know the Thanksgiving in the States is huge but why not just eat the food in moderation????
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

I know the Thanksgiving in the States is huge but why not just eat the food in moderation????

^This
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Fruit and vegetables should be just ONE of the pillars of a healthy eating plan. But one certainly needs more than that to be healthy.
  • OatFloats
    Options
    Lots of protein in dark, leafy greens. And potatoes are vegetables. Go for it!
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Lots of protein in dark, leafy greens. And potatoes are vegetables. Go for it!

You'd have to eat 2.2 pounds (one kilo) of spinach to get a measly 29g of protein. Have fun with that.
  • OatFloats
    Options
    There are 43 g of protein in one kilo of kale, so obviously one would have to choose wisely for the necessary nutrients. Potatoes have protein too. I am sure one could do it, if one were dedicated and wise.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4i8brl8wB1qg3muyo1_500.gif 
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    This week I will be eating fruits and vegetables. I am doing this kind of to prepare for Thanksgiving. I know I will indulge in a lot of foods that are usually off limits. So I decided, I may be able to prevent a huge set back in my weight loss journey by doing this. I have been hearing a lot about "juicing" and shake diets but I think I need the option of actually chewing food lol. Have any of you had experience with juicing or shakes?

I'm hoping to see some great non scale results after these 7 days such as: mental clarity, more vibrant skin etc. What do you all think?

Um no ............Thanksgiving will come EVERY year. Will you need a week long diet each & every year? How about Christmas.....do you need a week long diet then too?

I plan on "dealing" with Thanksgiving the same way I deal with other things .............as a "lifestyle" change. Sure I may eat at maintenance or even go over :ohwell: ......but I will log my food and exercise too.

Even if you ate 3,500 calories over manitenance....that's still only 1 pound. How much damage can you possibly do in one day?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Enjoy Thanksgiving in the bathroom. :ohwell:
  • gracenessence
    gracenessence Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I fully agree with OP! Go for it! I just did a 7 day fruits and vegetables and liquids fast, and I still survived, no fats, no proteins.

It's not forever, just one week!

And whatever your reason, it's your decision. You'll be fine. I support you.

Edited to add that I lost 3 lbs last week on my fast.
  • gracenessence
    gracenessence Posts: 49 Member
    Options

^^^If it were that easy, we wouldn't have a country that is more than 50% overweight and more than a third obese.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options

^This

I vote for this as well.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Or eat whatever you want for one day and not worry about it!? People don't get fat from over eating 6 times a year!
  • WanaBMom
    WanaBMom Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I will be enjoying my day in moderation. A little bit of this, a little bit of that. No reason to stuff myself when there are left overs and actually enjoy my food.

Starting off with the veggie tray though so I eat well at dinner.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how eating nothing but fruits and vegetables "prepares" one for eating turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato pie, pecan pie, rolls, gravy, apple pie, cranberry whathavya. Does one prepare for a marathon by sitting in a recliner for a week? Does one prepare for a powerlifting meet by staying out of the gym? No, I say. And I'll say it again: NO!

In order to truly prepare I would suggest a series of feasts for the week leading up to the big event. Perhaps tapering down to a few light meals in the preceding one or two days.
  • kellybellyjellyn
    Options
    If you are gonna do this watch out you don't over do it on the fruit ! Fruit can contain lots of calories and Sugar so you can in fact have too much of a good thing .
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

^^^If it were that easy, we wouldn't have a country that is more than 50% overweight and more than a third obese.

actually it is that easy...it's just that a lot of people don't care and many others are simply ignorant. Knowledge of just basic nutrition is pretty much non-existent among the general population.
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    How about cutting your portions of what you normally eat just a bit, and add in juice with every meal ...having some juice in-between meals as well. (Your own homemade juice of course). And yes, it does improve skin ect being it's loaded with micro-nutrients. I love it!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    mental clarity, more vibrant skin etc.

you know those are marketing lines, right? marketing.

your body needs fats and proteins, not just carbs.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    mental clarity, more vibrant skin etc.

you know those are marketing lines, right? marketing.

your body needs fats and proteins, not just carbs.

A properly juiced juice should all but do away with those unsightly marketing lines.
This discussion has been closed.