7 Day Fruit and Vegetables only!!!

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Yah no...you need protien and fats in your diet.

I know the Thanksgiving in the States is huge but why not just eat the food in moderation????

^^^If it were that easy, we wouldn't have a country that is more than 50% overweight and more than a third obese.

It actually IS that easy. It's about moderation NOT deprivation however this society is built on the bigger the better. More for less. Faster and fatter. We do not teach ourselves portion control, since we aren't teaching ourselves this, we aren't teaching our kids this. We have come to rely on companies and restaurants to tell us how much we should eat. The portions they serve though are way out of line with what people should eat.

But it really IS that simple. It really is about moderation. We just think it HAS to be harder. I've lost all my weight eating what I want and practicing moderation not deprivation.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

I know the Thanksgiving in the States is huge but why not just eat the food in moderation????

^^^If it were that easy, we wouldn't have a country that is more than 50% overweight and more than a third obese.

It actually IS that easy. It's about moderation NOT deprivation however this society is built on the bigger the better. More for less. Faster and fatter. We do not teach ourselves portion control, since we aren't teaching ourselves this, we aren't teaching our kids this. We have come to rely on companies and restaurants to tell us how much we should eat. The portions they serve though are way out of line with what people should eat.

But it really IS that simple. It really is about moderation. We just think it HAS to be harder. I've lost all my weight eating what I want and practicing moderation not deprivation.

I'm going against the grain. I'm purposely going to NOT get the biggest turkey I can find. I'm going to get two smaller ones instead. One fried one roasted.

TAKE THAT, OBESITY EPIDEMIC!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Beans and avocado
  • sjohnny
    Options

Beans and avocado

Why would one eat beans and avocado in moderation on Thanksgiving?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Beans and avocado

Because they don't want to gain weight?
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

Calories in..........calories out. It has been just that easy for me.

Sidenote: I will totally splurge that day. Pie!! Need I say more???
  • OatFloats
    Options
    I'm thinking Succotash (lima beans and sweet corn). yum.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Beans and avocado

Because they don't want to gain weight?

That's the most blasphemous and ridiculous thing I've read in the past several minutes. Beans and avocado are NOT Thanksgiving food. In moderation or otherwise.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options

I'm going against the grain. I'm purposely going to NOT get the biggest turkey I can find. I'm going to get two smaller ones instead. One fried one roasted.

Can i come to your house for Thanksgiving?
  • TonyaPietrzak
    TonyaPietrzak Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    No and no... your doing damage to your body then helping it. you need your protein.
    Just eat in moderation. you will be okay!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Beans and avocado

I was wondering the same thing. Americans must do thanksgiving differently than us Canucks.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

Can i come to your house for Thanksgiving?

I've already reserved a seat at that table.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    There are 43 g of protein in one kilo of kale, so obviously one would have to choose wisely for the necessary nutrients. Potatoes have protein too. I am sure one could do it, if one were dedicated and wise.
    Kale and other green leafy vegetables although do have health benefits are not complete sources of protein. They are missing one or more amino acids. You can probably combine different ones and make a complete protein but you need to be sure if one vegetable is missing particular amino acids another one has it.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how eating nothing but fruits and vegetables "prepares" one for eating turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato pie, pecan pie, rolls, gravy, apple pie, cranberry whathavya. Does one prepare for a marathon by sitting in a recliner for a week? Does one prepare for a powerlifting meet by staying out of the gym? No, I say. And I'll say it again: NO!

In order to truly prepare I would suggest a series of feasts for the week leading up to the big event. Perhaps tapering down to a few light meals in the preceding one or two days.

And don't forget the Thanksgiving pants. Just like a marathon, you need to be prepared with the right gear.

I9jM26A.jpg?1

Had to edit. Sorry, that was even bigger than necessary.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

No fancy depravation diets leading up. No beans and avocados. I didn't even log.
    No weight gained.

i_survived_thanksgiving_dinner_print-r512e609f7ef84dd78710635ea74540d0_wv3_8byvr_324.jpg

(Canada)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Good for you!!!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

^This

This. Nothing but fruits and vegetables is a seriously terrible idea.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Great way to make yourself ill on Thanksgiving.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

It IS that easy. It's just that most people don't seem to get it. ^^^Case in point....
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of doing something similar. I'm eating nothing but fruit pies for the 7 days leading up to Thanksgiving. I am also doing some juicing, well...kind of like juicing. I'm blending some of my pies into smoothies. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.