7 Day Fruit and Vegetables only!!!

Options

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of doing something similar. I'm eating nothing but fruit pies for the 7 days leading up to Thanksgiving. I am also doing some juicing, well...kind of like juicing. I'm blending some of my pies into smoothies. Good luck!

I'm intrigued by your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    In...

...to figure out how much beans and avocado I'd have to eat to reach my 5000 calorie goal for Thanksgiving.

Couldn't you just search the food database?

Use the search function? Isn't that what the "bullies" are always telling people?
  • sjohnny
    Options
    If disordered eating has become so common place that a big feast frightens us rather than gives us pleasure as a special and rare indulgence, then there is something incredibly wrong. And it's not Thanksgiving's fault.

The ever increasing number of obese people would suggest that something is incredibly wrong.

It's still not Thanksgiving's fault.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of doing something similar. I'm eating nothing but fruit pies for the 7 days leading up to Thanksgiving. I am also doing some juicing, well...kind of like juicing. I'm blending some of my pies into smoothies. Good luck!

Cherry pie??? With lots of cool whip??? OMG...........:love::love: :love:
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Yah no...you need protien and fats in your diet.

I know the Thanksgiving in the States is huge but why not just eat the food in moderation????

^This

I vote for this as well.

Yeah, saying 'this' under a quote adds so much to the conversation and is really interesting.

Edit: Thanksgiving is not a moderation holiday.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

I know the Thanksgiving in the States is huge but why not just eat the food in moderation????

Beans and avocado

Why would one eat beans and avocado in moderation on Thanksgiving?

Because they don't want to gain weight?

That's the most blasphemous and ridiculous thing I've read in the past several minutes. Beans and avocado are NOT Thanksgiving food. In moderation or otherwise.

We always have green beans for Thanksgiving. Never have had avocado, but I doubt anyone would mind if I brought a bowl of gaucamole to munch on before the feast.

But, obviously, my original comment re: beans and avocaod wasn't about Thanksgiving.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    If disordered eating has become so common place that a big feast frightens us rather than gives us pleasure as a special and rare indulgence, then there is something incredibly wrong. And it's not Thanksgiving's fault.

The ever increasing number of obese people would suggest that something is incredibly wrong.

It's still not Thanksgiving's fault.

Of course not, nor do I think anyone suggested it was.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Great way to make yourself ill on Thanksgiving.
    But getting sick by totally changing your diet overnight will "prove" that turkey and stuffing is bad for you.
  • monajkm21
    monajkm21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    First, let me say WOW!!!!!! Seriously....WOW!!! I had no idea people would react so severely to a truly honest question. Everyone is different. As you can see, I have lost well over 70lbs. I didn't do it by simply starving myself. I have been balancing my diet and working out. I was a bit busy so I rushed my entry a bit. But let me explain a bit further, I have been feeling a bit sluggish lately and have been trying to find a HEALTHY way to boost my energy and also cleanse my body. I believe I mentioned that in my original post. Some people suggested a master cleanse but that was too drastic for me. Based on what I've read, I thought the possibility of a mainly raw diet for a few days might do me some good. My apologies on the misleading headline as I fully intend to have other sources of protein and healthy fats.

But seriously, there is no need to be negative. There is a way to explain something to someone without trying to make them feel like a complete idiot. Thank you to all who are cheering me on whether you agree or not.

For all of you that don't know, below is a very SHORT list of vegan/vegetarian sources for protein.
    Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame
  • sjohnny
    Options

Beans and avocado

That's the most blasphemous and ridiculous thing I've read in the past several minutes. Beans and avocado are NOT Thanksgiving food. In moderation or otherwise.

We always have green beans for Thanksgiving. Never have had avocado, but I doubt anyone would mind if I brought a bowl of gaucamole to munch on before the feast.

But, obviously, my original comment re: beans and avocaod wasn't about Thanksgiving.

Not so obvious as this is a thread about Thanksgiving.
  • bcattoes
    Options

Beans and avocado

No, it's about eating only fruits and vegetables for a week.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    It's about moderation - every single day of the year. I made it through the last holiday season and did not balloon up. I actually found that I could not eat all that I used to eat. Lighten up people. This is not rocket science.

Some concepts are just hard to grasp...

1317664598_kid_vs_water_hose.gif
  • sjohnny
    Options
    First, let me say WOW!!!!!! Seriously....WOW!!! I had no idea people would react so severely to a truly honest question. Everyone is different. As you can see, I have lost well over 70lbs. I didn't do it by simply starving myself. I have been balancing my diet and working out. I was a bit busy so I rushed my entry a bit. But let me explain a bit further, I have been feeling a bit sluggish lately and have been trying to find a HEALTHY way to boost my energy and also cleanse my body. I believe I mentioned that in my original post. Some people suggested a master cleanse but that was too drastic for me. Based on what I've read, I thought the possibility of a mainly raw diet for a few days might do me some good. My apologies on the misleading headline as I fully intend to have other sources of protein and healthy fats.

But seriously, there is no need to be negative. There is a way to explain something to someone without trying to make them feel like a complete idiot. Thank you to all who are cheering me on whether you agree or not.

For all of you that don't know, below is a very SHORT list of vegan/vegetarian sources for protein.
    Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

Protein shmotein. There are, unfortunatley, no vegan/vegetarian sources of gravy. And that's really what Thanksgiving is all about. Gravy and things on which to put gravy.

And pie. Gravy and pie.

And booze. Gravy and pie and booze.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options

Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

Do whatever you think will help you of course. I just don't think it's necessary to prepare specifically for Thanksgiving..
  • sjohnny
    Options

Beans and avocado

In preparation for Thanksgiving.
  • Carnivor0us
    Options

Beans and avocado

For some reason, I now want a Corgi for Thanksgiving.
  • monajkm21
    monajkm21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    As I previously stated, it really isn't just about Thanksgiving.
  • sjohnny
    Options

Beans and avocado

For some reason, I now want a Corgi for Thanksgiving.

LOOK AT IT!!!
  • bcattoes
    Options
    There are, unfortunatley, no vegan/vegetarian sources of gravy.

Mushroom gravy.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    There are, unfortunatley, no vegan/vegetarian sources of gravy.

Mushroom gravy.

A pale imitation. NO DICE!
This discussion has been closed.