Options
    LOOK AT IT
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    no one in this post knows what they are talking about. *shrug*

Including....YOU

That's like some inception level **** right thar

which is why im not putting my two cents in. let the girl do what she wants.
  • DatMurse
    DatMurse Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    First, let me say WOW!!!!!! Seriously....WOW!!! I had no idea people would react so severely to a truly honest question. Everyone is different. As you can see, I have lost well over 70lbs. I didn't do it by simply starving myself. I have been balancing my diet and working out. I was a bit busy so I rushed my entry a bit. But let me explain a bit further, I have been feeling a bit sluggish lately and have been trying to find a HEALTHY way to boost my energy and also cleanse my body. I believe I mentioned that in my original post. Some people suggested a master cleanse but that was too drastic for me. Based on what I've read, I thought the possibility of a mainly raw diet for a few days might do me some good. My apologies on the misleading headline as I fully intend to have other sources of protein and healthy fats.

But seriously, there is no need to be negative. There is a way to explain something to someone without trying to make them feel like a complete idiot. Thank you to all who are cheering me on whether you agree or not.

For all of you that don't know, below is a very SHORT list of vegan/vegetarian sources for protein.
    Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok
    tell me what food group and how much of it you would have to eat to reach 100g of protein other than tofu
  • cfredz
    Options
    First, let me say WOW!!!!!! Seriously....WOW!!! I had no idea people would react so severely to a truly honest question. Everyone is different. As you can see, I have lost well over 70lbs. I didn't do it by simply starving myself. I have been balancing my diet and working out. I was a bit busy so I rushed my entry a bit. But let me explain a bit further, I have been feeling a bit sluggish lately and have been trying to find a HEALTHY way to boost my energy and also cleanse my body. I believe I mentioned that in my original post. Some people suggested a master cleanse but that was too drastic for me. Based on what I've read, I thought the possibility of a mainly raw diet for a few days might do me some good. My apologies on the misleading headline as I fully intend to have other sources of protein and healthy fats.

But seriously, there is no need to be negative. There is a way to explain something to someone without trying to make them feel like a complete idiot. Thank you to all who are cheering me on whether you agree or not.

For all of you that don't know, below is a very SHORT list of vegan/vegetarian sources for protein.
    Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok
    tell me what food group and how much of it you would have to eat to reach 100g of protein other than tofu

Unless you're a body builder you really dont need more than like 30 g of protein. so she will be fine
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok

Unless you're a body builder you really dont need more than like 30 g of protein. so she will be fine

lol irl
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

I eat close to 100 on a regular basis and I'm not even trying.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Seems legit.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok

What horrible things do you think will happen to the OP if she gets less than 100g of protein per day for 7 days?
  • DatMurse
    Options

Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok

you really dont need more than like 30 g of protein. so she will be fine
    o rly?
  • JoRocka
    Options

Seems legit.

BAH HA HA HA HA HA

agreed.

Seems legit
    (looks at log- 104 protein- and I have 1000 more calories to go) damn- I'm totally doing something wrong.
    What horrible things do you think will happen to the OP if she gets less than 100g of protein per day for 7 days?
    die of a boring diet? LMAO- protien is delicious
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok

Bro... DYEL?
  • cfredz
    Options
    ok, but you dont NEED 100 g of protein. i eat around 75-85g a day. but i work out 6 days a week so i think its necessary
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

• DatMurse
    Options

Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok

did I say anything about it being unhealthy for 7 days?

I keep seeing people talk about "great sources of protein" when the protein intake is far below 10% of the calories.
  • DatMurse
    Options
    ok, but you dont NEED 100 g of protein. i eat around 75-85g a day. but i work out 6 days a week so i think its necessary
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

Did I say anything about having to consume 100g of protein? No. I am talking about "great sources of protein"
  • JoRocka
    Options
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

NEED is a strong word.

You could definitely survive without 100 grams of protein- but why would you want to!!!

PS- I have another 100 I'm trying to hit for the day- so for me NEEDING to get at least 100 is kind of important since I'm aiming for 200 LOL
  • cfredz
    Options
    30 grams only?

I'd die.

No way.

Did I say anything about having to consume 100g of protein? No. I am talking about "great sources of protein"

lol ok and there are PLENTY of great plant based proteins so. relax.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok

did I say anything about it being unhealthy for 7 days?

I keep seeing people talk about "great sources of protein" when the protein intake is far below 10% of the calories.

Since the OP didn't say what her protein goal was, where did you get this magic number of 100g if it doesn't have to do with her goals or her health?
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

ok

Even the RDA recommends .8grm per kilo so unless the OP weighs 40kg, 30 grams of protein is not nearly enough.
This discussion has been closed.