7 Day Fruit and Vegetables only!!!

Options

Replies

• PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I used to have a similar mindset to the OP (eat really light / low Cal for the week leading up to an event and then pig out and indulge my head off) and it only led me to an eating disorder. To OP : I know everyone is different, and you should do what works for you, but I personally feel better if I eat good, balanced portions of foods leading up to, say, Thanksgiving and then I don't feel as bad about myself the day after because I didn't binge my head off. Either way, I hope you can enjoy your holiday:flowerforyou: (I spent last thanksgiving bawling my eyes out because I felt so guilty for overindulging as a result of depriving myself leading up to it...)
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Yah no...you need protien and fats in your diet.

I know the Thanksgiving in the States is huge but why not just eat the food in moderation????

Beans and avocado

Why would one eat beans and avocado in moderation on Thanksgiving?

Because they don't want to gain weight?

That's the most blasphemous and ridiculous thing I've read in the past several minutes. Beans and avocado are NOT Thanksgiving food. In moderation or otherwise.

We always have green beans for Thanksgiving. Never have had avocado, but I doubt anyone would mind if I brought a bowl of gaucamole to munch on before the feast.

But, obviously, my original comment re: beans and avocaod wasn't about Thanksgiving.

Not so obvious as this is a thread about Thanksgiving.

No, it's about eating only fruits and vegetables for a week.

In preparation for Thanksgiving.

For some reason, I now want a Corgi for Thanksgiving.

LOOK AT IT!!!

I'll put some mushroom gravy on him.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a liquid diet ON Thanksgiving, since that's one of the few ways I can deal with my family on that day.

I kid, I kid.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Protein shmotein. There are, unfortunatley, no vegan/vegetarian sources of gravy. And that's really what Thanksgiving is all about. Gravy and things on which to put gravy.

And pie. Gravy and pie.

And booze. Gravy and pie and booze.
    AMONGST our foods...
    hqdefault.jpg
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a liquid diet ON Thanksgiving, since that's one of the few ways I can deal with my family on that day.

I kid, I kid.

No you're not.

Because I do that too.
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Poop. Poop everywhere!

and not a drop to drink
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I know the Thanksgiving in the States is huge but why not just eat the food in moderation????

^This

I vote for this as well.

Yeah, saying 'this' under a quote adds so much to the conversation and is really interesting.

Edit: Thanksgiving is not a moderation holiday.

^this...

...I think.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Beans and avocado

Why would one eat beans and avocado in moderation on Thanksgiving?

Because they don't want to gain weight?

That's the most blasphemous and ridiculous thing I've read in the past several minutes. Beans and avocado are NOT Thanksgiving food. In moderation or otherwise.

We always have green beans for Thanksgiving. Never have had avocado, but I doubt anyone would mind if I brought a bowl of gaucamole to munch on before the feast.

But, obviously, my original comment re: beans and avocaod wasn't about Thanksgiving.

Not so obvious as this is a thread about Thanksgiving.

No, it's about eating only fruits and vegetables for a week.

In preparation for Thanksgiving.

For some reason, I now want a Corgi for Thanksgiving.

LOOK AT IT!!!

I'll put some mushroom gravy on him.

:mad:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    First, let me say WOW!!!!!! Seriously....WOW!!! I had no idea people would react so severely to a truly honest question. Everyone is different. As you can see, I have lost well over 70lbs. I didn't do it by simply starving myself. I have been balancing my diet and working out. I was a bit busy so I rushed my entry a bit. But let me explain a bit further, I have been feeling a bit sluggish lately and have been trying to find a HEALTHY way to boost my energy and also cleanse my body. I believe I mentioned that in my original post. Some people suggested a master cleanse but that was too drastic for me. Based on what I've read, I thought the possibility of a mainly raw diet for a few days might do me some good. My apologies on the misleading headline as I fully intend to have other sources of protein and healthy fats.

But seriously, there is no need to be negative. There is a way to explain something to someone without trying to make them feel like a complete idiot. Thank you to all who are cheering me on whether you agree or not.

For all of you that don't know, below is a very SHORT list of vegan/vegetarian sources for protein.
    Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

Hmm, the biggest sources of vegetable protein can't be eaten raw, so I would not suggest a raw diet. Take a look at your list. At least half of those need to be cooked.

Of course, it's pretty hard to do much damage in just one week as long as you are getting adequate water and not truly starving. But if you try to eat only raw foods you will likely be lacking in protein. If you are going to do just vegetables and fruit, you will need to include beans and some source of fat if you want to get adequate protein and fat.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    If I eat SIX avocados...and FIVE cups of boiled black beans, I'll have 2635 calories, which is close enough to my 2767 target.

It's over in carbs, real close in fat, and way short on protein.

So, does anyone have a recipe that uses six avocados and five cups of boiled black beans? And any suggestions for side dishes (of no more than 132 calories, of course)?
  • sjohnny
    Options
    First, let me say WOW!!!!!! Seriously....WOW!!! I had no idea people would react so severely to a truly honest question. Everyone is different. As you can see, I have lost well over 70lbs. I didn't do it by simply starving myself. I have been balancing my diet and working out. I was a bit busy so I rushed my entry a bit. But let me explain a bit further, I have been feeling a bit sluggish lately and have been trying to find a HEALTHY way to boost my energy and also cleanse my body. I believe I mentioned that in my original post. Some people suggested a master cleanse but that was too drastic for me. Based on what I've read, I thought the possibility of a mainly raw diet for a few days might do me some good. My apologies on the misleading headline as I fully intend to have other sources of protein and healthy fats.

But seriously, there is no need to be negative. There is a way to explain something to someone without trying to make them feel like a complete idiot. Thank you to all who are cheering me on whether you agree or not.

For all of you that don't know, below is a very SHORT list of vegan/vegetarian sources for protein.
    Corn yellow
    Sun-dried tomatoes
    Soy Peas
    Cowpeas (blackeyes)
    Navy beans
    Peas
    Lima beans
    Brussel sprouts
    Spinach
    Broccoli
    Potato
    Asparagus
    Tofu
    Tempeh
    Chickpeas
    Endamame

Hmm, the biggest sources of vegetable protein can't be eaten raw, so I would not suggest a raw diet. Take a look at your list. At least half of those need to be cooked.

Of course, it's pretty hard to do much damage in just one week as long as you are getting adequate water and not truly starving. But if you try to eat only raw foods you will likely be lacking in protein. If you are going to do just vegetables and fruit, you will need to include beans and some source of fat if you want to get adequate protein and fat.

DO NOT eat raw turkey though. Salmonella is no freakin joke! :sick:
  • sjohnny
    Options
    If I eat SIX avocados...and FIVE cups of boiled black beans, I'll have 2635 calories, which is close enough to my 2767 target.

So, does anyone have a recipe that uses six avocados and five cups of boiled black beans? And any suggestions for side dishes (of no more than 132 calories, of course)?

132 calories of mushroom gravy.

BOOM! Done!

Thanksgiving is...... saved?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

BOOM! Done!

LOOK AT IT!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

BOOM! Done!

My dinner guests are going to love this! I'll have the portions already measured out for them too.

Best. Thanksgiving. Ever.
  • sjohnny
    Options

BOOM! Done!

My dinner guests are going to love this! I'll have the portions already measured out for them too.

I can smell it already!!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I used to have a similar mindset to the OP (eat really light / low Cal for the week leading up to an event and then pig out and indulge my head off) and it only led me to an eating disorder. To OP : I know everyone is different, and you should do what works for you, but I personally feel better if I eat good, balanced portions of foods leading up to, say, Thanksgiving and then I don't feel as bad about myself the day after because I didn't binge my head off. Either way, I hope you can enjoy your holiday:flowerforyou: (I spent last thanksgiving bawling my eyes out because I felt so guilty for overindulging as a result of depriving myself leading up to it...)

the thing is- LOTS of people eat light to account for some overeating on Thanksgiving- but they tend to do it in a way that's simply MODERATING what they already eat- not wacking out entire food groups.

It's TOO severe of an effort. Eating light/lowER calories for the week- is perfectly reasonable- people do it all the time.
  • PearlAng
    Options

BOOM! Done!

How about dessert!?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

You could mix them and make a dip to eat with raw veggies. Have a side of spaghetti squash w/ mushroom gravy.

You might try replacing some of the black beans with dry roasted edamame to get more protein. 14g of protein and 9g carb per 30g of edamame. Probably wouldn't be good in the dip though, but maybe as an appetizer.
  • PearlAng
    Options

the thing is- LOTS of people eat light to account for some overeating on Thanksgiving- but they tend to do it in a way that's simply MODERATING what they already eat- not wacking out entire food groups.

It's TOO severe of an effort. Eating light/lowER calories for the week- is perfectly reasonable- people do it all the time.
    yeah that would've been well and fine if I did it right. Most days last year, I averaged 200 calories (yes, for the whole DAY) that's smaller than one if my meals now. Thank goodness for recovery (and finally coming to my senses) :heart:
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    no one in this post knows what they are talking about. *shrug*
This discussion has been closed.