Need to lose 100 lbs. or more? Lets start a group!

Options

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I love meeting up on MFP, but sometimes I wonder if keeping a group like this up, it might be better if we had a chat room or something. lol Its hard for me to remember to check back in on the boards (other than peoples comments who our on my friends list). Or if it wasn't for chillrose posting the weekly challenges I wouldn't have even know there was any. haha
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Welcome all you newbies! I've been here 36 days (I think).and it is a good place to be. I'm motivated! Add me to your friends list...keep checking in here. And what is this info about Wendy's chile???
  • AsMama
    Options
    I need to lose 100lbs. I would love to have so back up! Count me in!
  • cassieinor
    Options
    I'm in it for the long haul. I soooo need the motivation. As to the message boards....I think a lot of people may be "friending" each other and are forgetting about the boards. When I check in here, I alway read the boards after I look at my home page. Isn't that what you're supposed to do??? Any way, I'm in it for the long haul as you put it BigMama. Chat soon:-)
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Welcome MommaFreem......you've come to the right place...AND Happy Belated Birthday to ya. You can add me as a friend.
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Don't feel desperate...just keep coming back. This is a good place to be. You can add me as your friend.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Hi Luckie -
    welcom to the group. I found MFP on wednesday and joined that day also, I am a newbie also. Glad you found us, keep coming back and checking in with us. The more talking we have on this board to more support we will have.

Hi Rene
    welcome to the group. If you needs some motivation come post in here and I am sure we will give you some help. But if u don't ask for it we will not know how to help. :) I am with you for the long run...i also have 125lbs+ to lose.

Hi Virgo
    welcome to the group. I am new to MFP so not sure how hard it will be to keep a group chatting and getting and giving support. I really like the idea that we all have/had 100lbs to lose. I feel like we can help each other on this thread. We will be going through alot of the ups and downs together. Hope to see you around. Everyone is welcome
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Hi Asmama
    Welcome to the group. Glad u found us. Just post away.
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Hello Cass
    How was your weekend?

36 days wow you rocking. I am on my 5th

You asked about wendys chile...on an earlier post sgarsee was telling us that she brings a salad to work and one day she has been wanting tacos...so she went to wendy's and ordered a small chilli (no cheese) and poured it over her salad said was delish.

sooo glad your here for the long haul like me :) I also come check my homepage and then check this board. I need all the support I can get and I think this thread can be fun and full of info and support if we all participate.
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Soooooo How was everyones weekend? :flowerforyou:

What was your biggest struggle? Were you able to overcome it? Anything else you would like to share?

We would love to hear from you
  • traclin
    Options
    I have been doing this for 55 days now and my family and I went out for dinner for the first time last night. I was very worried about keeping my meal within reason. We went to Applebee's and they have a guide at the table with the nutritional value of their food. I was amazed at some of the counts of the foods I was eating before I started this process. I mean, 1,690 calories in a salad for Pete's sake.:mad: Mind boggling. Anyway I found an appetizer that was only 600 some calories and a few fat grams and decided to go with that one. I was very hungry as I had only eaten breakfast that day. But I went for it and I ate it slowly and enjoyed every bite of it. When I was done I was thinking I could have doubled that and been more satisifed but as it turns out, a few minutes later I was completely satisifed. Not hungry, not stuffed, just satisfied. We treated ourselves to a low fat frozen yogurt bar afterward and it was a wonderful eating experience. The concept that it takes a while for your brain to tell your stomach you are full might actually hold some water.:laugh:

What I have noticed the most is by simply paying attention I have made much smarter decision about what I put in my face. Before, if I wanted it I ate it, and I ate as much as I wanted. Now I actually look to see what a serving is, never before had I done that, nor did I care. And now 55 days into this, after I loose another 1.1 pounds I will no longer have 100 pounds to lose, I will only have 99.9 pounds to lose and the mental impact of that has is crazy. Keep it up folks we can do this.:drinker:
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I thought I had joined this but now realize I only added Robinsegg as a friend. I'm in...

I'm planning on reaching my goal by September 2011!
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Welcome to the group Messyhare.

Everyone is welcome here. Pop in and post anytime you want. The more chatter to more support we can get in here.
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Hi Traclin

WTG 55 days on your journey!!!:drinker:

You did great with your meal choice and desert choice. I have only been on this journey for 5 days now so I haven't had to chose what to eat at restaurant..... I am not looking forward to it. WOW 1690 calories in a salad....and I don't eat salad when i go out to eat. Thank you for posting about your esperience, you give me hope when I have to go do it. I will have to remember to choose something healthy and enjoy each bite and wait to feel full even if I want more.

I so agree with you about eating and not even thinking about it before I decided" ITS TIME TO DO SOMETHING NOW" I started using the food counter on here and I am amazed what I was putting my my body.

Congrats on almost getting under 100lbs to lose. Let us know when you have reached that goal. My first goal is to get under 300lbs. So 25lbs and counting. My first weigh in is on Wed wish me luck.

P.S. I love your picture. I am going to put one up soon. Just haven't decide which one.
  • Doordie
    Options
    Thanks for starting this support thread. There was another one similar recently like this one. Maybe we can all pull together.

I have 124 lbs. to lose. I need lots of support. I will check back here regularly and save as many of you as friends.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Hi Doordie

Welcome to the group. I believe it was Robin that started this group. I am just a chatter box and on fire with trying to lose this weight and excited with this site. Joined it last Wed and I think its great support. And really happy to find a thread where others were trying to lose 100lbs also. I did notice the other thread not sure how we could combine both. If you know please help.

Hope to see you on alot. I am here getting support and giving support.

I agree with you WE CAN DO THIS....this could be our logo.:drinker:
  • Doordie
    Options
    Hi there and thanks for the welcome! Yes it would be an encouraging logo. I will post in here when I am on.

I think I joined MFP last week. lol It seems like forever because I love it so much.lol I feel right at home. I am chatty too when I am on can't help it. But I've noticed talking with other and reading their stories have given me inspiration and courage. Wishing you and everyone the best.
  • bigmama65
    Options
    ************************************WE CAN DO THIS**********************************************

Hey Doordie

I agree with you I also love it here. So many post to read and get support and give support. Everyone aiming for the same goal to lose weight and be healthy and love the calorie and exercise counters.

Glad to hear you are chatty also and please come on in and post when you get a chance.
  • Damage483
    Options
    I agree with bigmama in that Doordie's "WE CAN DO THIS" slogan should be our clarion call. Keep up the great work everyone. :)
  • nvanderwoude
    nvanderwoude Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want in! I'm looking to lose 100-150lbs!