Need to lose 100 lbs. or more? Lets start a group!

Options

Replies

• krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to let everyone know I just got over a hump. I should be full but for about an hour I was thinking I want something else...something sweet. Thinking hmmm what do i have in the house I can eat. Try to read, did some walking, watch tv..all thinking about food. So I decided to watch Biggest loser show I taped last week and drank some water...omg it worked I am not gonna eat tonight...NO WAY. Pats myself on my back. :bigsmile:

P.S. I did notice I only had 2 glasses of water today. Not very good.

WTG!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • katzpawz
    Options
    Count me in!!

I need to loose around 150lbs and can use all the support I can get. We all need all the support we can get!

Let's start each day with a new commitment to follow our meal plans and exercise routines. That way, we've always just started and maybe it won't get old. I hate getting into "ruts" so I'll just think of everyday as day one!

Have a good day, everyone!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 lbs! YAY ME!!!

Good Morning kminor

WOW doing the happy dance for you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: A 10lbs loss. That is a HUGE #. Great Job.

Please let us know how you are doing it!!!!! Come on whats your secret? :blushing:
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Thank you stephi for the support. :heart:

I feel good even this moring that I didn't eat anything. Such a small thing to some people that can control what they eat. But for most of us I think it is a daily struggle if not an hourly struggle not to snack.

Have a great day.
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Let's start each day with a new commitment to follow our meal plans and exercise routines. That way, we've always just started and maybe it won't get old. I hate getting into "ruts" so I'll just think of everyday as day one!

Hi Katz

Welcome to the group. I love what you posted above. Group is about a month old so we are all new here. So don't be shy and post away.

Happy Tuesday :drinker:
  • katzpawz
    Options
    This is a cool group. Let's just try to help each other out and everyone try to keep moving forward!

I hope everyone is having a good week!
  • krklstephi
    Options
    Ugh I did not want to get up this morning!! Is it Friday yet?!?!?!?!?! I just want to sleep in!! So today I am going to a captain's rally for the StepOut Walk to Fight Diabetes. I am pretty excited. They are providing lunch from a really nice Mexican restaurant, so I'll need to be careful, but I know I can do it!
  • krklstephi
    Options
    I've lost 10 lbs! YAY ME!!!

YAY!!!!! WTG!!!!!!:happy:
  • Wendy543
    Options
    me 2
  • bigmama65
    Options
    Hope everyone had a successful Monday. Thank you members for posting on MONDAY CHECK INS and letting us know how you are doing. Good or bad we want to support.

Being Tuesday today, I was thinking lets do a TUESDAY TEMPTATION POSTING.

Sooooooooo members lets spills the jelly beans. Please post one of your greatest temptation. Could be food related, could be not wanting to do a certain exercise, could be the neighbor next door. :noway:

I am sure it doesn't matter where you are on your journey, everyone still gets tempted. So please members let us hear what it is and how you are winning or not winning that temptation.
  • krklstephi
    Options
    Hope everyone had a successful Monday. Thank you members for posting on MONDAY CHECK INS and letting us know how you are doing. Good or bad we want to support.

Sooooooooo members lets spills the jelly beans. Please post one of your greatest temptation. Could be food related, could be not wanting to do a certain exercise, could be the neighbor next door. :noway:

I am sure it doesn't matter where you are on your journey, everyone still gets tempted. So please members let us hear what it is and how you are winning or not winning that temptation.

Temptation---going somewhere that had an all you can eat dessert bar!! But only choosing one item from the dessert! And it was hard!!!
  • krklstephi
    Options
    I lost 3 pounds this week!! Yay!!
  • bigmama65
    Options
    CONGRATS stephi. :drinker: 3lbs loss. WTG

I am so hoping to see that number tomorrow on my weigh-in. Crossing fingers.
  • bigmama65
    Options

Temptation---going somewhere that had an all you can eat dessert bar!! But only choosing one item from the dessert! And it was hard!!!

THanks Steph for sharing.:wink:

HAHAHAHA ......OMG that brings back last years Las Vegas Trip memories. I was so not watching what I ate back then. I don't even want that sort of temptation right now.

Did you just have that temptation....if you did ..I have to know what did you choose?
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Everyone add me as a friend....I got to be in this group. I have 115lbs to lose OMG:noway: can look at that number. If I set my ticker to show that I will just die so I should lost 4lbs cuz that is the only thing that movtivates me....knowing slowly but surly it is coming off. Hello size 9 jeans I haven't seen since Highschool.:love:
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Temptations...for the last two weeks, I am tempted daily by my laptop to just sit and read postings and snoop into everyone's public food diary on mfp. I have not yet overcome that temptation but need to soon as my house is becoming a shambles :smile:

A positive thing to share here - I took my measurements when I first started a few weeks ago and retook them today. My results were SO awesome!! I've lost 2" in waist, 1" in bust, 2" in tummy & 1.5 in my thighs!!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the post bout checking in on Monday's btw. I will check in next Monday for sure!

I did lose one pound though for yesterday...

My mindset right now is really good and I'm sure it is being accountable for everything with my food diary. It is so encouraging for me to see my totals at the end of the day, especially coming in under my goals!

For the first time I actually feel that I really CAN lose over 100lbs where as before that number was so daunting that I was just as certain I could NEVER lose it all! I like this feeling much, much better! I keep thinking to next summer when I will have lost half of myself - there will be quite a celebration!!
  • supernovadark
    Options
    I gained a pound this week.

D=

Now I have to remember that, even if I don't think certain foods should count, the scale thinks otherwise.
  • Damage483
    Options
    Gah! I miss checking the group thread for a couple of days and I have so much to catch up on. lol Hello to everyone and to the new members joining recently. It's great to see the successes that many have posted. Keep up the great work. It definitely encourages the rest of us to keep going and trying.

Tuesday Temptation? Kentucky Fried Chicken. <sigh> Grabbing a plum instead! lol

Always remember: WE CAN DO THIS!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    SLEEP is my greatest temptation. I have a hard time going to sleep...so when I'm actually asleep...I don't want to wake up. Its like ..... stay in bed & Snooze some more.....or go walk a mile....let me think about that... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Its horrible....