Did losing the weight make you look older or younger?

Options

Replies

• perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Younger.
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i get told i look 10-15 years younger. i feel younger too.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Interesting ponder I wonder the same thing. I get mistaken for 10 years younger a lot too. Several years ago most people I worked with thought I was early 20s when really I was early 30s.

I'm wondering the same thing though if I will seem even more young or more aged?
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30 lbs. I don't think it really changed my appearance until I got to the last 8 lbs or so. I started looking older; my face started looking more wrinkled. That was frustrating/disappointing, but other than that I looked a lot better overall.
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    OP - assuming your profile pic is before/after, I'd definitely say "younger!" Congrats!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    <---Younger for me (I'm 40, before pic is from May 2010)
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Younger!

I have to say that after losing some weight, my face is slimmer and you can see my features a lot more.

Mind you, I think older or younger - you'll look fresher and healthier too!

Kaela x
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    People have always thought I was younger than I really am, but since losing weight I've noticed that people are absolutely FLOORED when I tell them my age. They generally put me at about 10 years younger.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I think I've looked older when I've lost weight.....
  • thisonewillwork
    thisonewillwork Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing about losing weight will be you will FEEL ten years younger! and not give a fig what you LOOK like 'cos you feel so great!
    Well said!
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I can't really tell. I've gotten carded a lot less since weight loss. Halfway there, 14kg done, 14 to go. I probably look older than I am (19, 20 in October) sometimes...
    But since the weight has come off my face I seem to be giving off a little bit of both. A chubbier face seems to make people think I'm closer to a minor than adult. (Note - I never drink outside tiny amounts at family gatherings and the age for alcohol and everything else in Australia is 18. Adult is 18 in Australia.)
    Anyway my features are too delicate on my face for too much weight on them.
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I look OLDER now than I did 1.5 years and 60+ pounds ago. I'm revealing many more smile lines and creases around my cheeks and eyes.…

I'm okay with it because I'm the fittest and healthiest I've ever been. I can rock a bikini and lift heavy things, so a few added smile lines don't bother me so much.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Younger... I tend to smile more and am generally happier being in shape!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. Some look younger and some look older, but fitter and healthier (which to me is more attractive than looking younger but totally out of shape). Sometimes it seems the people that lost weight quickly and drastically can look a little rough at the end. Gradual losers seem to adapt better. It didn't seem to make a difference in my perceived age - I just looked fitter. :drinker:
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I think I look slightly younger. I have streaks of silver hair so no one mistakes me for a teenager, though.

Almost every success story I've seen, people either look younger or the same age but far better - only rarely did they appear to age and it had to do with losing those plump cheeks :)
  • kencarpenter792
    kencarpenter792 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Depends on your age. If you're reeeeaaalllllyyy overweight and older, then you're going to took older if you lose weight. Fat fills in wrinkles. My father in law is really over weight. he is 67 years old but doesn't have any wrinkles because he's so fat. My dad is 67 also, but very fit. He is wrinkled up like a prune and looks old. It all depends, but looks aren't everything. My dad can run, play soccer, and do cartwheels with my small children. my father in law can't even get down on the floor with them to do a puzzle.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I look OLDER now than I did 1.5 years and 60+ pounds ago. I'm revealing many more smile lines and creases around my cheeks and eyes.…

That is so me as well, 40lbs lighter then a year ago and I see all the lines and wronkles a lot more. So older for me as well.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it depends on HOW you lose as well. People who tend to lose super fast by starvation tend to have a saggy sunken look to them that makes them look older due to their body not being able to keep up with the loss, If i wanted to look younger i just shave.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Most people think I'm a bit younger than I am.

Someone said I looked like I was in my teens a couple weeks ago though, and I highly disagree with that.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I'm nervous that I will look older. I dont have a lot of wrinkles but I see some people get a lot when they lose weight. It isnt enough of an issue to stop me though
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!