WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2013

Options

Replies

• phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, my Friends! I am home! I am loving the sunshine that has lots of warmth with it!

I am not going to go back through all of the pages that I have missed while I have been traveling, so I know that I have missed a whole lot of stuff. I will just have to try to keep up from here on out.

I did read Rita's post about being sabotaged, and I also do understand and feel that way sometimes. Most of the time, though, my Bill and my friends are very supportive of my efforts to take care of myself. They saw the pain I went through when I was morbidly obese, and, even though they don't understand all of it, they do try to help me. But, I still have days when I feel like other people are purposely eating things in front of me to just tempt the hell out of me. (Because you know, everything that happens really is all about me! :embarassed: )

Rita- Oh, yes. I now have Bill with me for the rest of the winter. He is about 125 pounds overweight, and he loves to eat. It is going to be very hard not to follow him down the grazing, misbehaving road. He does say all of the right things, but he likes to eat all of the wrong things. I know he loves me, but I also know that I have a disease- I am a compulsive overeater (retentive bulimic), and that I have to take care of me, and let Bill take care of Bill. When he cooks, I just have to tell him ahead of time what I will and won't be able to eat from his meal, and then just let the rest of the guilt (my first feeling for everything!) go. Take care of yourself, my friend, and let your husband take care of his own issues around food, your weight, your clothes, etc. You are not alone, you do have support, but we just don't happen to live with you.

Lisa in Missouri- Welcome! Giving up the Mt Dew will be a very big step, but it will be worth it. In the 80's, I finally gave up real Pepsi, and just that action helped me lose 25 pounds! (and, yes, I did gain it all back?)

Barbie- You know I just came out of the deep freeze, and I hate being cold! I love the smell and feel of wood heat, but I hate, hate, hate, hate the mess it makes!

JB- I love your version of "Mommy, Kissing Santa Claus".....love, love, love it!

For Today: Record everything; refrain from compulsive eating; have planned & healthy meal and snacks:
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, my Friends! I am home! I am loving the sunshine that has lots of warmth with it!

I am not going to go back through all of the pages that I have missed while I have been traveling, so I know that I have missed a whole lot of stuff. I will just have to try to keep up from here on out.

I did read Rita's post about being sabotaged, and I also do understand and feel that way sometimes. Most of the time, though, my Bill and my friends are very supportive of my efforts to take care of myself. They saw the pain I went through when I was morbidly obese, and, even though they don't understand all of it, they do try to help me. But, I still have days when I feel like other people are purposely eating things in front of me to just tempt the hell out of me. (Because you know, everything that happens really is all about me! :embarassed: )

Rita- Oh, yes. I now have Bill with me for the rest of the winter. He is about 125 pounds overweight, and he loves to eat. It is going to be very hard not to follow him down the grazing, misbehaving road. He does say all of the right things, but he likes to eat all of the wrong things. I know he loves me, but I also know that I have a disease- I am a compulsive overeater (retentive bulimic), and that I have to take care of me, and let Bill take care of Bill. When he cooks, I just have to tell him ahead of time what I will and won't be able to eat from his meal, and then just let the rest of the guilt (my first feeling for everything!) go. Take care of yourself, my friend, and let your husband take care of his own issues around food, your weight, your clothes, etc. You are not alone, you do have support, but we just don't happen to live with you.

Lisa in Missouri- Welcome! Giving up the Mt Dew will be a very big step, but it will be worth it. In the 80's, I finally gave up real Pepsi, and just that action helped me lose 25 pounds! (and, yes, I did gain it all back?)

Barbie- You know I just came out of the deep freeze, and I hate being cold! I love the smell and feel of wood heat, but I hate, hate, hate, hate the mess it makes!

JB- I love your version of "Mommy, Kissing Santa Claus".....love, love, love it!

For Today: Record everything; refrain from compulsive eating; have planned & healthy meal and snacks:

Brk: 2 eggs; bacon; 1 slice toast
    Lunch: apple salad
    Supper: venison, baked squash, rice w/ peppers, caramalized onions
    after dinner snack: air-popped popcorn.

Have a wonderful Friday!

Pat (Phoo back in Az!)
  • Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Pat! It's so nice to be home, isn't it? I'm glad you are out of the deep freeze. I hate being cold too but I live in Canada :noway:

It's been a very very long week. I've struggled with everything it seems...from eating to workouts. I have gone to the Y each night but last night only did 35 min on the bike and then just had to finish up. I've been exhausted. I'm sure that giving up that med has messed with my body & my emotions. I've been extremely emotional this week too. I HATE being emotional, I should have better control over it by now.

My temptation is stopping to pick up dinner every night after the Y instead of going home and cooking. It's just so much easier (& yes expensive) to pick something up that's already cooked. Weekends aren't so bad because I'm home and have time to cook. Last night I picked up a ready made caesar salad from the grocery store and left off the croutons & put my own dressing on it. Easy and healthy.

Tonight I'm meeting up with DD after work to do some Christmas shopping. I'm hoping that after tonight I will only have to pick up a few more stocking stuffers for DS and then I'm done. I plan on wrapping everything on Sunday. I'm so late getting things done, I'm the person that starts in the summer and is done before October.

Granmallie - safe travels to FL. I am jealous you will be in the warmth.

I have read all the posts and am extremely grateful for each and every one of you and your sharing. I'm at work so don't have much time to respond.

It's freakin cold here, with the wind chill it is -19C and snowy. We are supposed to get 10 - 15 cm of snow tomorrow...UGH!! :grumble:

Better get back to work.!

Have a great one.

:heart: Sandy from ON
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Good day - mostly! I planked for 3 mins (come on Michele):bigsmile: and wrapped presents for 6 people. That's 10 presents. Actually I enjoyed it.. DH was doing his cards so we put carols on and got down to it. I am not a neat wrapper, but I find lots of ribbon makes anything look good. I find I wrap presents for people who care about how things look more carefully than for people who just tear it open and don't notice!:happy: :tongue: My criterion is - would my spirits rise when I am handed this present? Ooooohh yes!

My best friend rang and told me that her cancer meds have made her have flooding monthly periods.:noway: She went down to the hospital today for a blood test and asked the breast care nurse to ring her back with results. When they didn't ring she rang them, only to get an ansaphone message to say she has gone on holiday until after Christmas. She rang me in tears.:sad: It's now Friday late afternoon. All her oncologists are on holiday. We decided on ringing one of their secretaries who has a very good reputation and leaving a message for her to pick up on Monday. My friend is a woman who is coming up to her 60th birthday and is now flooding through all protection. I suggested ringing the switchboard and insisting an on duty oncologist rings her back this weekend, but I don't think she is as good at that sort of thing as I am. I love my friend like a sister.:heart::sad: :sad: :explode:

I decided to send her birthday present early so she could have it as a decoration over Christmas. It is the most beautiful artificial white spring flowers in a glass vase. The same people who make my tree and amyrillis. Orchid, narcissus, tulips and catkins. I wanted to get snowdrops, but they were sold out!

Lots of love to the C- O - L - D ( brrrr) people. We are mild and damp at the moment and the long range forcast is the same for Chtistmas Day - thank goodness. But my knee hates it. It's causing me trouble at the moment - very frustrating!

Heather UK
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    TGIF everyone!

It has been a very busy day here at work once again. I like that as time goes by fast! At least it is just busy and not stressful! My back feels better today after going the gym. The stretching part of the circuit really helps my aches and pains!

From my last post you all got to understand what I am up against. I know there are others of you out there with the same problem. The ideas you gave are great and I plan to try some of them.

@grandmallie -- Thanks for the encouragement. I plan to continue the gym and control what I can of the food part. I just am not strong enough to go against him at this point in time. Need to work on that!

@ susanrecter - I have shown him the blood work, which is not good, but his is good so he figures mine should be too and doesn't make a change to correct it. He thinks if I ate and drank and acted more like him, my blood work would get better --- NOT!!

@gardengal - He is always home when I am. He is retired/disabled. I can only control my breakfast and lunch workdays. He thinks he is doing me a favor by cooking breakfast on Sat and Sun, but in reality, he stuffs me with FAT!!! I would try the 'dump it in the trash' or feed the dogs off my plate thing, but he watches what I put on my plate and comments if I don't take what he thinks is enough or don't finish it. He thinks I don't like it and gets all pouty about it.

@ Michelle in NC -- I have challenged him and he has eliminated salt from his cooking. I also got him to switch to canola oil and using more olive oil instead of butter and other oils. I will have to show him my shopping list for the week and tell him to cook with only what is on the list and see what he can come up with. The challenge may work! Thanks for reminding me of that!

@AnnCarolone - What happened in your situation may be what it takes to make him realize what I need to be healthy! I hope not....

@Heather in UK - Thank you for the encouragement!

@Phoo513 -- Thank you as well. I need all the encouragement and support I can get!

Well, back to work and wish me luck for the weekend. Bad snow predicted here as grandmallie stated. I have to complete wrapping, decorating, and mailing this weekend! My DD and family and DS and 2 boys are coming over the Sunday before Christmas to celebrate! I can't wait and must prepare!!!

Rita in CT
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Very cold day here -23 c so we stayed in and got all the wrapping done before we ran out of paper,something else to add to the list.

will start my very limited baking next week,I don't have a big freezer so can't do much ahead. probably a good thing to tempting to have goodies at hand....

Welcome back Pat Phoo missed you,glad your back safe and warm wish you could box up some heat and send it here.
    Grandmallie safe travels to Fl. enjoy that nice weather
    Best wishes to all, safe travels,eat smart,drink your water and hopefully I'll be able to take my own advice

enjoy the weekend
    Juanita from sudbury
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Rita, my mother used to sabotage my diets, and I moved 100 miles away. She passed away several years ago. My ex husband used to sabotage my diets, but luckily he has been out of the picture for 30 years. I wish you much luck with yours. It's really hard when you don't get support at home.

It's been rainy today, with temps around 35, so at least it's not ice. Yet. This evening hubby has to go to commencement, so I drive him there and go pick him up so he doesn't have to park. Afterward we will go out to supper. Hopefully I can find a good choice.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

Sylvia
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    the only way my husband sabotages my diet is that he is constantly asking to go to places like Pizza Hut or Old Chicago. We have some other old haunts that we used to go to and he would love to go to but at least at those two places I can get an individual veggie this crust that fits in my macros. So there is no where that he can go to get his ribs anymore. But I stick to it and just refuse to go there. And he does find things at the other places we got to all the time and he really enjoys them. He can eat anything anywhere.

Exciting weekend for me. Going to get my bike this weekend and daughter will help us put up our Christmas tree. Then I have to start tackling the stack of boxes that are accumulating in my office from my online shopping. My husband was worried about how I could wrap them all but I told them there are small boxes in these big packing boxes. But my best gift will be this bike that will be sitting here in the living room for me. I am still trying to figure out what to get for my husband. He needs a cell phone that can consistently get cell tower. And he is tech challenged and likes his flip phone. I saw a commercial from Walmart saying they have family straight talk. So I will check that out.

Joyce
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    evening ladies!
    just waiting for the laundry to finish,then throw it in the dryer,then go to bed..DH is in a tizzy,but with this one I understand..the lady who rents from us in florida is from Canada, andit is very hard to do banking from 2 different countries, so she sent Tom the check, which was a good chunk of change, and he deposited it that night.
    well now the bank is saying it bounced.. she would be mortified to find this out,and he was on the phone for an hr with the bank..
    he has e-mailed her because it would cost us a mint to call and told her that she needs to get it into the bank account asap, we pay most if not all the bills down in florida from that rent check, and if the money isn't there we are sunk..
    so keep us in your prayers
    we will be leaving in the morning at 4 am, and it is about a 14 hr ride if not more to where we get the first day.. so it will be a long day. probably wont check in until we get to florida:huh:
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Fairly quiet day; did ladies exercise class this am---only 3 of us, which is sad. I continue to make calls for the Christmas party/lunch; should be a decent turn-out for that.......but taking up a lot of my time. My Intentional Act today was to spend time with a woman after group exercise who lost her son to ca. last year this time; we had a good talk and some heartfelt hugs.

Katla...........I had a great clam dip recipe, but loaned it many years ago to a neighbor who never gave it back. I also get attached in a strange way to objects........I remember thinking the car I donated was the one I brought my daughter home from the hospital in when she was born and crying as it was towed away.

jb_2011........Greatly enjoyed the lyrics; of course I sing them at the top of my lungs as I come across them. You have a talent for this!!!

Vicki...........Hope you got to see the DGD's concerts!

Rita........I am so sorry your DH "just doesn't get it"........don't have anything to add to everyone else.

granmallie............Wishing you a safe AND peaceful trip.

Michele.........your baking is impressive, as usual!

Heather...........Congrats on that half pound---that really took some dedication and perseverence on your part; can't wait to hear the scream for the final pound!!! Hope you friend manages to get seen by medical.

Pat..........Welcome home......I know you are glad to be there.

Had a couple more notes; I should say scribbles, but can't read my own shorthand so I'll sign off.

Dinner shortly will be garlic, soy sauce, and honey boneless pork chops with brown rice and a salad.

Sweet Dreams all,
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Joanie - what a wonderful smile you brought to my face. The first thing I saw this morning was your post of a remake of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause". Thanks so very much.

Joyce - so glad you're feeling better. Hope your bike comes even sooner than you expect it

Heather - good for you losing those 5lbs. And to do it during the holiday season....that's really something to be proud of. It was me who suggested that Rita challenge her husband to make a meal that's low in calories AND tastes good. That's something that a good chef could do. You are right, so many men are so competitive. I know Vince is very competitive, I'm not.

Went and dropped my aluminum off at the Humane Society then did a little food shopping. Needed the meat for tonight. It's in the crockpot right now as we speak. Why did I do this????? Well, what's done is done. I really should have waited until after the holidays. Put the refigerated items in the refrigerator at the Y while I took the deep water class. Came home and found a $5 coupon off an order of $30 and mine was $60, but they're going to let me bring it in as long as it's like next week.

Tomorrow...yoga

DeeDee and Cindy - it was quite chilly this morning. I wore my heavier coat. Well, hopefully, this won't last too long

grandmalle - do you take one or two days to get to FL? At one point when we lived in NJ we did it in one day, but that was a long day. Then we'd usually take two days to get down there, we'd usually stay in a hotel in Statesville since that was almost 1/2 way to Titusville.

Heather - your friend is so lucky to have you as a friend. You are such a thoughtful friend

yanniejannie - was a great act of kindness you perform

Well, Ken & Lynette came over tonight. Went with Lynette to get some lottery tickets she wanted. Didn't do a whole whole lot for dinner, just had butter noodles (Knoor) mainly because I had three packages and wanted to use some up. I made these veges (cauliflower, broccoli & Carrots) and some carrots just for Vince but they wound up eating them, too. Made this new recipe I had, a rosemary shortbread. I always thought of shortbread for a dessert, but with the rosemary it seemed more appropriate for dinner, had a salad. Made a banana chocolate cake for dessert, but since Ken can't have chocolate also made these lemon poppyseed muffins. He didn't want any because he's going to his pain clinic on the 27th and he was concerned that if they drug tested him and the poppyseeds showed positive. Oh well, I gave them some, they can put them in the freezer until after his appointment. I just had tea to drink (three 16oz cups)

Michele in NC
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Speaking of support. I am grateful for all you ladies.

My DD has had a terrible week. She is pregnant with baby #2 and toddler has been sick (vomiting) first, she's been sick (vomiting) second, and now toddler threw a tantrum and DH is sick, third. In addition, she has not had much sleep - if any - and is keeping down a teaching job. Called me in a state that she is just sunk, spent and utterly exhausted. I told her: "go to bed, toddler is in bed, don't care about DH, you go to bed; and even if the world comes to an end, or even if the queen of England calls, it don't matter...you just go to bed and...sleep". She said: "Okay".

I remember telling myself this at times. I had days I could care less if the world came to an end. All I wanted was sleep, sleep, sleep. I just hope that she does. Young women these days, they keep so much responsibility on their shoulders. I wish she wouldn't. Men don't. Dads don't. It seems that only moms that do.

I have no other advice but the one I gave. How do you gals deal with this? It is tough to deal with this from a distance. Although on Sunday I will be able to help her. We did all get through it, didn't we.

:heart: Rebel
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Rebel, as ornery as my husband can be he took his responsibility as a father seriously. I remember one day at work he mentioned I was working the evening shift. So one of his co-workers asked him if that meant he was baby sitting. His response.. No, I'm their Dad. One night my youngest, who always kept us hopping was a it to inquisitive and got into my heart medicine. There were bite medicines in some of the pills so he had no idea what she had taken, if any. Now this many was not one that liked puking kids but realized that was just part of the job. So he went to the pharmacy, got the Epicac, gave it to her in the store and then they spent the rest of the evening in the bathroom. Michelle just stayed in the bathtub until she was done. He took care of her, just didn't like to be thrown up on. I agree with your advice you gave your daughter. She is pregnant and needs to take care of her self and unborn child. Dad can help to whether he feels like it or not.

90% chance of rain tonight so it looks like it will be Sunday afternoon when I can meet this lady at her storage unit and get my bike. Then DD will help us put the tree up. I said everything has to be done by 7 because the 3 hour Survivor finale is on then!!!

DH witnessed a terrible accident tonight on his way to karoake. A pedestrian, high alcohol content, was crossing an expressway here int own at 8 PM tonight. The SUV had the green light. Pedestrians really shouldn't be crossing an expressway anyway, speeds up to 75 MPH. He was wearing dark clothing, no reflective item on them. The SUV hit him and sent him about 14 ft in the air. My husband thought surely he would be dead but he is in serious condition. My husband was going west and the hit was going east so there was no reason for him to stop. He rarely calls me from his cell, if he calls I would think he is having angina. So of course I was alarmed. But he was quite shook up.

Joyce
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Busy day planned today, I'm going to pick up my new glasses. I've got two pairs, one for distance and one for computer work. The one for work are varifocals and I'm not sure how I'll cope with these, but the optician said to try them and if I can't get on with them he'll change them.

:smile: Thought I'd do some Christmas shopping whilst in town - I've still got a few people to buy for. It will be nice to be on my own for a change. I usually go with my mum, but she is limited to where she can go and the shops she can go in (she uses a mobility scooter) and although I love her company, it will be nice to go to shops I don't normally go into.

:ohwell: Need to spend some time on the housekeeping too :embarassed: with being unwell, then back at work for the whole week, the housework has been put on the back burner (all but the essentials ) so I hope no one visits until I've had a tidy up:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am such a clutterbug - I need to be strict and not keep every little thing.

:flowerforyou: Have a happy Saturday everyone, I'll check in again soon.

Viv (dampish/mild for time of year UK)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Hope your trip is safe & that you Will be stress free by the time you get to your Fl home.We had snow overnight,more on the way.
    Next wk end will be warm,crazy weather !
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    There is a thread under General wt loss about Why ppl think light food is bland.This is my take on it,wondered how
    You all felt about it?

"December 14, 2013 5:57 am
    I think it takes a very long time to get used to foods we need to eat,both to lose wt & hopefully be healthier.For myself,
    It's been 6 mos & no,light food does not taste better.I can & do eat healthy,intend to keep on but nothing has caused me to love
    It.Actually,it helps me eat less just because it's not as appealing......a good thing :grumble:

Have cooked more healthy for many years,nothing fried,no fatty meat,skim milk,LF dairy,homemade salad dressing, soup,etc etc.
    Was more a case of eating too much.I'm proof that you can eat too much healthy food. :cry:
    Just a thought,but cooking healthy doesn't leave a lot of room for cutting back,so no wonder food tastes blah? JMO"

Patceoh
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Didn't sleep well last night. Was awake and up and down for 2 1/2 hours until 6 am then took a co codamol and slept til 8.30. Woke up groggy and a bit dizzy. Decided not to gym, but had a lovely hot bath and hair oil treatment. Massaged myself with perfumed creams. Feel a lot better now! :bigsmile:
    I so rarely have a day off exercising so I will enjoy it. DH is at football so I can watch my French film. I want to get his stocking stuffer presents wrapped while he is out. I'm going to keep back the model of the white E type we are hiring in April for the main present opening. Should be a laugh. Apart from that all I have to do is cook a game stew for dinner. Just a basic recipe. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on my calories today with no exercise, but game is quite good with just vegetables to accompany. I buy the packs of mixed game from our local butcher. He has masses of game this time of year, but I have no room in my freezer!:sad:

Still feeling a bit groggy or maybe just relaxed!:blushing:

Bye for now - Heather in bright and mild Hampshire UK
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!! Well I have been having a rough couple days with going over calries. Not sure why just want to eat. Afraid this week will be a gain. One day at a time. I work this weekend and that will help as not much acess to snacks here. Tonight we have tickets to go see the Singing Christmas tree. One of the churchs here puts it on every year. They have real animals and do a very good play. I have seen it twice and been several years ago and going with two other couples. Looking forward to that. Then tomorrow evening a town about 10 miles away is have a journey to Bethlemhem at the church. It is a guided tour of seven scenes beginning with shepherds. We plan to take acouple of the DGC with us. I am trying to do things with them to help them understand what Christmas is all about.
    A friend I used to work with called last evening to tell me they had a grandson born yesterday afternoon with major heart problems. Asked that I would put them on the prayer chain for our CMA group. I talked to her this morning and they have him stable and going to do surgery in next couple days. His O2 is low so trying to get that better before surgery.
    I still have acouple gifts to get, but have not started wrapping. Tuesday I have the day off and DGD is spending the day with me while her parents take her sister back to Omaha to the doctor. She loves to help so plan is to get most the wrapping done then.

DeeDee--Noels outfit is cute. With our little one I took one of DH socks and cut the toes off and put that on him. He loves it and it does look funny. But he is warm.

Grandmallie--Safe travels. Hope you miss most the stroms. From what I heard on the radio it sounds like a big strom out that way. Hope the problem with the check gets cleared up. I know what it is like to depend on money and then have problems getting it even when it is owed to you.

Pat--Welcome home.

Sandy--Hugs:flowerforyou: Sometimes I get so mad at myself when I feel down. I should know better and I do know I have it better then alot of people. But the feelings are just there somedays. I have been on Wellburtin almost a year and sometimes I don't know if it is working or not. I know when I had that accident last month I was so mad at the guy that hit me. I was yelling at him and pacing. That is not me and I am not proud of the way I acted. I do find if I take the time to pray and just tell God I can't do this alone it does help.

JB--love the song. They all make me smile.

Rita--Most the time DH is supportive. But he will bring home things he knows I used to eat alot of and have no will power against.. I have noticed the more others notice the weight loss them more he is doing that. I do talk to him and he will do better for awhile.

Lisa--welcome

Heather--:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Congrates on lossing that pesky .5 pounds. Sorry for friend and the run around she is getting. Pray she gets to talk to someone and get peace of mind. We do answering service for most the doctors here in town and sometimes the calls we get can break your heart and all we can do is page the doctor on call.

Joyce--How terrible for DH is see that accident. It is good that he could call you. I have straight talk from Walmart and love it. We have had acouple others and was not happy with the coverage and price. I have had straight talk for over a year and I get coverage most every where and only costs 40-50 dollars a month depending on which card I buy. They also have the flip phone model.. Hope you are able to get your new bike. You did give me the idea that after we take down the Christmas tree I am going to set mine up in the living room. Right now it is in the spare room and so easy to forget about.

Rebel--Hope DD is getting the rest she needs. I agree young women now days think they can do it all and put themselves last. I have been lucky as DH has gotten older he is so much better with the DGC and helping out when they are sick. In fact he will clean up as I have such a hard time with it.

Viv--What is varifocals? I had to get tri-focals acouple months ago. Doctor offered to order two pairs. One just for the computer. But I was afraid I would lose them so went this way. At first I was not sure I could do this. But getting used to them.

I did have a NSV yesterday. I am really good about writing on the back of pictures when I pick them up at the store. I do take alot of pictures. For some reason this year I have spaced off putting them in albums. Well yesterday I spent the afternoon working on that. I filled one album of 300 and got started on the next one. I only have a small amount lett and then I picked up the ones from the DGC school programs. I keep telling myself I need to get things done and not space off.
    Well it is to get up to 30 degrees today. So hope you all stay warm and safe.

Blessed! Vicki GI NE
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Let it snow,let it snow,let it snow.Winter wonderland outside.
    Gonna bake some Christmas cookies and wrap some gifts.
    Have a great day!!
    hugs
    jane
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Just a quick Hi and Bye. Made it to yoga this am; going to bring tree in and maybe a movie later. Need to get DH to print some pics so I can start on Christmas cards.........have done a short letter last couple years but just not feeling like doing that this yr. It's the absolute last day I'm spending on the phone calls for the Christmas party; If they don't get back to me by Monday, they won't be included in the count. Having a major case of "Snow Envy" for those getting hit here on the east coast, US. It's early, so I guess my Intentional Act for today (so far, anyway) was giving the birds some extra food and treats.
    Tomorrow will be a long one.........going with the friend who runs and her DD to a race then on to Christmas Town at Busch Gardens.
    Feeling pain and sorrow for the families of Sandy Hook today, one year after that awful tragedy. Had a minute of silence for them at yoga.
    yanniejannie