Who'se looking forward to the January newbies???

Options

Replies

• Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Personally Im looking forward to meeting them and maybe encouraging them if I can. Remember we were all newbies at one time or another :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    we can always try the

"have you used the search function? I remember seeing something like your question already around here somewhere."

approach.. might work this year :drinker:

Also a strikeable offense.

Pointing out that this strikeable offense is a stupid rule is also a strikeable offense.

Someone pointed out the search option to me when I was new and I honestly had no clue it was there, so it was actually helpful. The person wasn't a jerk about it, either.

So, attention noobs! There's a search option! It's really helpful!

Strikes... come at me, bro.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    we can always try the

"have you used the search function? I remember seeing something like your question already around here somewhere."

Pointing out that this strikeable offense is a stupid rule is also a strikeable offense.

Someone pointed out the search option to me when I was new and I honestly had no clue it was there, so it was actually helpful. The person wasn't a jerk about it, either.

Someone actually started a thread a week or two ago asking where the search was because she didn't see it and didn't realize there even was one.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    So no one else was new here once? or EVER faltered? WOW I am going to strive to be that Perfect, NOT!!! It is a journey, with hills and valleys, mistakes and progress. Embrace your journey and if you can't be nice, keep your mouth shut!

this is an example of the over-reacting butt-hurt that will be everywhere in January.

No, this is an example of people who were not raised correctly. I was taught, "if you cannot say something nice, say nothing at all!"

How do problems get fixed in your culture? Wouldn't you need to identify them and discuss them openly in order to beign to look for a solution?
    Dirty hippie.

Seriously. I showered yesterday.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    we can always try the

Someone actually started a thread a week or two ago asking where the search was because she didn't see it and didn't realize there even was one.

I saw that and didn't even laugh at her question. the interface here is, um, complete BS.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    So no one else was new here once? or EVER faltered? WOW I am going to strive to be that Perfect, NOT!!! It is a journey, with hills and valleys, mistakes and progress. Embrace your journey and if you can't be nice, keep your mouth shut!

this is an example of the over-reacting butt-hurt that will be everywhere in January.

No, this is an example of people who were not raised correctly. I was taught, "if you cannot say something nice, say nothing at all!"

How do problems get fixed in your culture? Wouldn't you need to identify them and discuss them openly in order to beign to look for a solution?

Good point.
    I'm all for identifying, discussing and looking for a solution.
    But when does one determine that they have crossed the line from discussing to banging your head against a wall.
    It's then that I would chose to walk away rather than perpetuate a lost cause, so to speak...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    we can always try the

I saw that and didn't even laugh at her question. the interface here is, um, complete BS.
    Yeah, she figured it out on her own. She laughed at herself, which means she's good people. I can't remember who it was, though.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    43462055.jpg

I'm waiting for all of MFP to get all smug about the "newbies". (like the next 10 posts)
    It's not like we aren't already neck deep in derp but many forget we were new once.

I'm glad people are getting into the idea of being in shape.

Yesterday in the park I saw a guy going balance beam work and two others working on handstands while my daughters and I worked out on parallel bars. When my gyms get crowded, I change my hours.

New blood is good. It's a shame they don't last that long.

It makes me sad when they bail. I may adopt a newb. We shall see.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    NO!

I don't like resolutions....they're dumb...and so are the people making them.

I've been through one January on MFP and it suckedd goatA$$. I am not looking forward to this at all.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    NO!

I've been through one January on MFP and it suckedd goatA$$. I am not looking forward to this at all.

so because you joined two months before last january, you weren't a noob???
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'd much rather deal with the newbs rather than the immaturity that is posted all day by "veterans".

I'm looking forward to watching you deal with the newbies...

...so I can see how it's done.

For future reference and to take notes: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/by_user/683818

ETA: In reviewing your posting history, you've never posted in the MFP forums in any January...so I suppose your comment was hypothetical and not literal? Looks like you have a proverbial mile to walk in some moccasins first.

I can tell you how I will deal with them. I will either answer their question if I know the answer, or move along about my day if I don't know the answer or don't feel like answering. Not much to take notes on. It won't be much different than how I would be in August, or whenever, other than that there will be more threads.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    NO!

my resolution this year was to improve my emotional and physical health. I achieved both. I'm sad anyone thinks I'm dumb for making a resolution.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I'm just hoping one of these new people can FINALLY tell me how to get a thigh gap. I mean, I'm only partially a woman without a thigh gap, amiright?

You never asked me. Stand with your feet further apart! BAM! Instant htigh gap.
    Ohz you! You know I ALWAYS have my feet very far apart from each other...for science and stuff.
  • TheSwollMinister
    TheSwollMinister Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm just hoping one of these new people can FINALLY tell me how to get a thigh gap. I mean, I'm only partially a woman without a thigh gap, amiright?

Ohz you! You know I ALWAYS have my feet very far apart from each other...for science and stuff.

Science FTW!
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options

Careful. You'll catch a cold that way. It's science.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    mxbWE08h7YTZD7MlJFfrv_w.jpg
  • brandierich
    brandierich Posts: 1,087
    Options
    all I can say is bring them on .. why not .. lest see who is still standing once January is done right .... Not one for resolutions myself but whatever gets them going I guess ... right????
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    43462055.jpg

I'm waiting for all of MFP to get all smug about the "newbies". (like the next 10 posts)
    It's not like we aren't already neck deep in derp but many forget we were new once.

I'm glad people are getting into the idea of being in shape.

Yesterday in the park I saw a guy going balance beam work and two others working on handstands while my daughters and I worked out on parallel bars. When my gyms get crowded, I change my hours.

New blood is good. It's a shame they don't last that long.

I like the idea of changing hours. Last January, I just did my lap swimming at 5 AM. Had the pool to myself. Imagine that...
  • redladywitch
    Options
    NO!

so because you joined two months before last january, you weren't a noob???

Yes, I've been here just over a year. Yes I was a *noob*. What is your point?
  • redladywitch
    Options
    NO!

my resolution this year was to improve my emotional and physical health. I achieved both. I'm sad anyone thinks I'm dumb for making a resolution.

I was referring to the people who make the resolutions and then do not stick with them. I was not referring to you or anyone who achieved their resolutions.

I'm sorry that I did not make myself clear. Sorry to have offended you. :flowerforyou: