Who'se looking forward to the January newbies???

Options

Replies

• metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    we can always try the

"have you used the search function? I remember seeing something like your question already around here somewhere."

approach.. might work this year :drinker:

Also a strikeable offense.

Pointing out that this strikeable offense is a stupid rule is also a strikeable offense.

Someone pointed out the search option to me when I was new and I honestly had no clue it was there, so it was actually helpful. The person wasn't a jerk about it, either.

So, attention noobs! There's a search option! It's really helpful!

Strikes... come at me, bro.
    Someone actually started a thread a week or two ago asking where the search was because she didn't see it and didn't realize there even was one.

I saw that and didn't even laugh at her question. the interface here is, um, complete BS.
    Yeah, she figured it out on her own. She laughed at herself, which means she's good people. I can't remember who it was, though.

See. This makes me feel better. Lol
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    So no one else was new here once? or EVER faltered? WOW I am going to strive to be that Perfect, NOT!!! It is a journey, with hills and valleys, mistakes and progress. Embrace your journey and if you can't be nice, keep your mouth shut!

this is an example of the over-reacting butt-hurt that will be everywhere in January.

No, this is an example of people who were not raised correctly. I was taught, "if you cannot say something nice, say nothing at all!"
    I'd ask how anyone could possibly function in the adult world while following such advice, but clearly you do not actually follow it because what you said was the opposite of nice.

I think there's a word for that, when someone says to do one thing but then doesn't do it themselves.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    NO!

I don't like resolutions....they're dumb...and so are the people making them.

I've been through one January on MFP and it suckedd goatA$$. I am not looking forward to this at all.

so because you joined two months before last january, you weren't a noob???
    Since when does joining this site require one to have made a New Year's resolution?

I've never made a New Year's resolution yet I'm on this site. How is that possible?
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    NO!

I've been through one January on MFP and it suckedd goatA$$. I am not looking forward to this at all.

Since when does joining this site require one to have made a New Year's resolution?

I've never made a New Year's resolution yet I'm on this site. How is that possible?

This went right over your head.

Look at the second post. She was talking about people who make resolutions. That is what I was referring to. *face palm*
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    So no one else was new here once? or EVER faltered? WOW I am going to strive to be that Perfect, NOT!!! It is a journey, with hills and valleys, mistakes and progress. Embrace your journey and if you can't be nice, keep your mouth shut!

this is an example of the over-reacting butt-hurt that will be everywhere in January.

No, this is an example of people who were not raised correctly. I was taught, "if you cannot say something nice, say nothing at all!"
    I'd ask how anyone could possibly function in the adult world while following such advice, but clearly you do not actually follow it because what you said was the opposite of nice.

I think there's a word for that, when someone says to do one thing but then doesn't do it themselves.

Guilty as charged.

But I still can`t stand people picking on/making fun of others who are not as experienced/cool/rich/strong/successful/whatever as others. It is just mean. I spoke in anger, but many of you are just being mean. I can always excuse a fit of temper (we are all guilty), but pre-meditated mocking of others is just wrong.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Guilty as charged.

But I still can`t stand people picking on/making fun of others who are not as experienced/cool/rich/strong/successful/whatever as others. It is just mean. I spoke in anger, but many of you are just being mean. I can always excuse a fit of temper (we are all guilty), but pre-meditated mocking of others is just wrong.
    So that's your perception. Well allow me to reply since we're sharing. My perception is that there's a little ribbing going at the expense of hypothetical newbies who aren't here. Maybe it's not the best behavior but it's certainly no worse than, oh, pointing out perceived meanness while actually being mean to someone who is here. So maybe you should call off the dogs.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I was a January newbie who was welcomed and helped immensely. Hopefully I will do the same. Pay it forward and all that crap.

I was part of the "Adopt-a-noob" program last January. Of the 10 I accepted FRs from , I think only 1 remains.

I also participated in "Adopt-a-noob". Most of them quit after 6 weeks.
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I dont mind them here but they better stay the hell outta my squat rack
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    NO!

Look at the second post. She was talking about people who make resolutions. That is what I was referring to. *face palm*
    No, you're missing the part where people are conflating "newbie" with "resolutionist."
  • txsarge17
    txsarge17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started as a resolutioner and after a few failed years, it finally clicked. Maybe we can help a few of them this year to become lifers like us!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I hate people
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to start somewhere...We were all there at one time or another......maybe only 10% of the resolutioners will actually stick with it, but they all deserve a chance! I say we support them anyway, and hope they will follow our awesome lead! :)
  • brandierich
    brandierich Posts: 1,087
    Options
    I dont mind them here but they better stay the hell outta my squat rack
    Agreed! :laugh:
  • redladywitch
    Options
    So much butt hurt. :huh:
  • redladywitch
    Options
    NO!

No, you're missing the part where people are conflating "newbie" with "resolutionist."

Again. You're missing my point. I'm not going to state it again.

So sorry you're offended by what you think I meant....which wasn't.
  • icame2win60
    Options
    I'm a December newbie...lol! I just joined today! But hopefully if I stick around for awhile and start getting some results I won't be considered a newbie. :)
  • redladywitch
    Options
    I'm a December newbie...lol! I just joined today! But hopefully if I stick around for awhile and start getting some results I won't be considered a newbie. :)

Welcome to the craziness! I wish you the very best in meeting your goals.
  • icame2win60
    Options

Thank you for the warm welcoming. :) I just need to figure some things out like my TDEE and BMR and modify my daily calorie goal, but hopefully I will get the hang of things.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I haven't slept in over 3 days and cannot stop stressing about it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Thank you for the warm welcoming. :) I just need to figure some things out like my TDEE and BMR and modify my daily calorie goal, but hopefully I will get the hang of things.

I've been here for over two years...

...and just spent more than 10 minutes playing scavenger hunt for where I set my custom calories/macros.

(Protip: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals accessible only from the main (myfitnesspal.com) page...unlike other settings which are accessible from the "Settings" link at the top of all pages (and from sub-menu on some other pages).)