Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• babbs770
    babbs770 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is not something to be jealous of, it is not as if a woman 4 days postpartum is allowed to diet or exercise. I didn't care what I looked like for about a month, I was more concerned about the ability to climb stairs to my bedroom.

The only issue that I have with this trend is that women are being shamed into trying to make their bodies look as if they had never had a child. That is so sad to me. I am proud of being able to do an amazing thing with my body. I do exercise and diet- but I never am ashamed of stretch-marks, or a little pouch up front, or the fact that my hips have gotten a tad wider.

Why is it so shameful to look as if you had birthed a child?
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm just having a hard time figuring out how she felt so great 4 days after birth that she is not rocking the granny panties and fleece PJs. I didn't wear panties like that for weeks after having my kids, and not because of my big butt and thighs, even though they were huge.

I'm impressed, and yes jealous too.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I read this a few hours ago and I don't understand what all the backlash is about, let alone how this is a war. I think everyone that is complaining is jealous on some level. The lady in the picture worked to look the way that she does. Most people won't look like her 4 days post baby, but that shouldn't allow people to knock her done. Such foolishness and cattiness.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Well, at least you'd know she puts out...
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm just having a hard time figuring out how she felt so great 4 days after birth that she is not rocking the granny panties and fleece PJs. I didn't wear panties like that for weeks after having my kids, and not because of my big butt and thighs, even though they were huge.

I'm impressed, and yes jealous too.

Yeah, I didn't wear panties like that 4 days after giving birth because I was still bleeding profusely.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I dont think she looks great at all. She looks under fed and scrawny except for her boobs. No definition anywhere other than her belly and photo shop can do alot of things. She probably only gained 20 lbs or less during pregnancy.

To note...i am not a hater or jealous of this womans body. I have my own body that i am proud of. More power to her if that is the look she is going for. She obviously stayed fit during pregnancy.
  • unijenn
    Options
    Good for her!!! She looks Amazing for someone with a 4 day old!!! If I could change one thing about all 4 of my pregnancies, it would of been to look after my body and continue to work out, not stuff every morsel of junk food in my mouth and use it as an excuse to laze around........ just cause I was pregnant!!!! No need to be jealous about her, women should look at it as motivation to be the best that YOU can be, doesn't necessarily mean you have to look like her post birth, but knowing you did the best you could do and continued to work at yourself and be healthy!!!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    In before someone asks why she's out of the kitchen.

Damn autocorrect
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well, at least you'd know she puts out...

funny-pictures-cat-barges-from-adja_zps47d1315d.jpg
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    This is not something to be jealous of, it is not as if a woman 4 days postpartum is allowed to diet or exercise. I didn't care what I looked like for about a month, I was more concerned about the ability to climb stairs to my bedroom.

The only issue that I have with this trend is that women are being shamed into trying to make their bodies look as if they had never had a child. That is so sad to me. I am proud of being able to do an amazing thing with my body. I do exercise and diet- but I never am ashamed of stretch-marks, or a little pouch up front, or the fact that my hips have gotten a tad wider.

Why is it so shameful to look as if you had birthed a child?

Why is it offensive to not look like you had a kid, even if you did?
  • drakedk02
    drakedk02 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My question for her would be whether she had a healthy pregnancy weight wise, I mean women are supposed to gain weight while they are pregnant.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with her. She is certainly free to post her pictures if she wants & from what I read in that article, she did not slam other mothers for not looking like her. I am saddened by the assumption that any woman who doesn't look like her was just lazy & is now jealous. I was barely out of the hospital, was still bleeding, was covered in bruises from the IV's & blood draws, & my girls were huge & rock hard. That's with my vbacs--we won't even think about how I looked after my c-sections. I am more amazed by the apparent lack of trauma 4 days after birth than her level of fitness.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Jealousy. Pure and simple. People are jealous of her. I think it's awesome. Am I jealous? Hell yes! But I also applaud her and I would never, ever bash her for being proud of the hard work she puts into her body. You go, girl!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised at how much you enjoy picking at these scabs, OP.
    I'm not...predictable.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Impressive.

I suspect she was as persistent in her diet/exercise as some posters here are in their pursuit of general angst.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with her. She is certainly free to post her pictures if she wants & from what I read in that article, she did not slam other mothers for not looking like her. I am saddened by the assumption that any woman who doesn't look like her was just lazy & is now jealous. I was barely out of the hospital, was still bleeding, was covered in bruises from the IV's & blood draws, & my girls were huge & rock hard. That's with my vbacs--we won't even think about how I looked after my c-sections. I am more amazed by the apparent lack of trauma 4 days after birth than her level of fitness.

Who said that?
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

7f365ea3-f264-4123-bcde-361212bc8e38_instagram-post-delivery.png

Wow. Her legs. :love:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised at how much you enjoy picking at these scabs, OP.
    I'm not...predictable.

Oh. It's that poster. Missed that the first time I was in here. :flowerforyou:
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    My question for her would be whether she had a healthy pregnancy weight wise, I mean women are supposed to gain weight while they are pregnant.

25 pounds for a healthy pregnancy. Some of that goes away at birth.
    You don't actually need to "eat for 2" when pregnant, you require only an extra 200-300 calories a day.
    I would assume that since her baby is healthy, she had a healthy pregnancy.

Now, I am not saying that women should only gain 25 pounds, or that they should look like her, or anything like that.
    What I am saying is that IT'S OKAY TO LOOK LIKE THAT. She doesn't look like that to offend people.

I have really long hair, a lot of women don't have long hair. If I post a picture of my hair, it's not to offend short haired women. Dumb analogy, I know.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Impressive.

I suspect she was as persistent in her diet/exercise as some posters here are in their pursuit of general angst.

I'm inclined to agree.