Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• 722_christina_722
    Options
    I can tell she doesnt have a 4 day olf becausr of a few small clues!

1. She is awake
    2. She isnt holding the baby
    3. She has makeup on
    4. She has her hair done
    5. Her boobs arent falling out of her bra
    6. She doesnt have black rings under her eyes
    7. She looks as if she has showered recently
    8. She has no puke or poop on her
    9. Did i mention shes awake
    10. She is obviously not wearing one if those giant diaper like pads you have to wear after birth!

You couldnt fool me!

As for the body...kudos, looks great!
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with her. She is certainly free to post her pictures if she wants & from what I read in that article, she did not slam other mothers for not looking like her. I am saddened by the assumption that any woman who doesn't look like her was just lazy & is now jealous. I was barely out of the hospital, was still bleeding, was covered in bruises from the IV's & blood draws, & my girls were huge & rock hard. That's with my vbacs--we won't even think about how I looked after my c-sections. I am more amazed by the apparent lack of trauma 4 days after birth than her level of fitness.

Who said that?
    The lazy and unmotivated will always whine about the hard working and motivated.
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What I hate about all of these moms under attack is the fact that people think they are not allowed to be sexy because they are mothers.
    I am a mother of 6. I gave up my life to raise them and be there for them. I have spent 14 years of my life home raising babies and I have felt only like a mother and a wife. I felt ugly, and like I didn't exist.
    Being a mother is ridiculously hard and many women lose their identity. I think it's awesome that these women have taken the time to do something for themselves, to reclaim themselves and look fantastic and show it.
    People need to shut the eff up and mind their own damn business.
    ITA! Hugs to you. :flowerforyou: I've been there, done that, six kids and all. :smile:
    I'm just having a hard time figuring out how she felt so great 4 days after birth that she is not rocking the granny panties and fleece PJs. I didn't wear panties like that for weeks after having my kids, and not because of my big butt and thighs, even though they were huge.

I'm impressed, and yes jealous too.

I know, heck I don't think I wore anything like that again for years.:laugh:

I say kudos to her, she looks great.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    The lazy and unmotivated will always whine about the hard working and motivated.

wq2Bvcj.gif
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with her. She is certainly free to post her pictures if she wants & from what I read in that article, she did not slam other mothers for not looking like her. I am saddened by the assumption that any woman who doesn't look like her was just lazy & is now jealous. I was barely out of the hospital, was still bleeding, was covered in bruises from the IV's & blood draws, & my girls were huge & rock hard. That's with my vbacs--we won't even think about how I looked after my c-sections. I am more amazed by the apparent lack of trauma 4 days after birth than her level of fitness.

Who said that?

I read that post as referring to those who criticized her for posting the picture.
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    What I hate about all of these moms under attack is the fact that people think they are not allowed to be sexy because they are mothers.
    I am a mother of 6. I gave up my life to raise them and be there for them. I have spent 14 years of my life home raising babies and I have felt only like a mother and a wife. I felt ugly, and like I didn't exist.
    Being a mother is ridiculously hard and many women lose their identity. I think it's awesome that these women have taken the time to do something for themselves, to reclaim themselves and look fantastic and show it.
    People need to shut the eff up and mind their own damn business.

I think I just fell in love with your brain :):love:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

7f365ea3-f264-4123-bcde-361212bc8e38_instagram-post-delivery.png

Wow. Her legs. :love:

Not the first thing I noticed.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

I'm sure it wasn't :laugh:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I can tell she doesnt have a 4 day olf becausr of a few small clues!

1. She is awake
    2. She isnt holding the baby
    3. She has makeup on
    4. She has her hair done
    5. Her boobs arent falling out of her bra
    6. She doesnt have black rings under her eyes
    7. She looks as if she has showered recently
    8. She has no puke or poop on her
    9. Did i mention shes awake
    10. She is obviously not wearing one if those giant diaper like pads you have to wear after birth!

You couldnt fool me!

As for the body...kudos, looks great!

So much of this...
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    This is not something to be jealous of, it is not as if a woman 4 days postpartum is allowed to diet or exercise. I didn't care what I looked like for about a month, I was more concerned about the ability to climb stairs to my bedroom.

The only issue that I have with this trend is that women are being shamed into trying to make their bodies look as if they had never had a child. That is so sad to me. I am proud of being able to do an amazing thing with my body. I do exercise and diet- but I never am ashamed of stretch-marks, or a little pouch up front, or the fact that my hips have gotten a tad wider.

Why is it so shameful to look as if you had birthed a child?

SO MUCH THIS!!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Yeah, i noticed the paneling and trim work too. Good eye.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

C'mon, people...seriously???

Am I the only one who noticed the chandelier???
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

I think she's not only good looking but rich too. B&$tch.
  • brower47
    Options
    This is not something to be jealous of, it is not as if a woman 4 days postpartum is allowed to diet or exercise. I didn't care what I looked like for about a month, I was more concerned about the ability to climb stairs to my bedroom.

The only issue that I have with this trend is that women are being shamed into trying to make their bodies look as if they had never had a child. That is so sad to me. I am proud of being able to do an amazing thing with my body. I do exercise and diet- but I never am ashamed of stretch-marks, or a little pouch up front, or the fact that my hips have gotten a tad wider.

SO MUCH THIS!!

Not this at all. If her selfie had been accompanied by a message saying, "Anyone who doesn't bounce back from pregnancy like me is a disgusting, slovenly, lazy piece of crap. She didn't. She just showed pride in her own accomplishment.

Her pride in herself is not her negative judgement on others.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

I thought you meant the window. That's a very nice window.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

I thought you meant the window. That's a very nice window.

Yes...yes it is.

Oh, and her boobs too.
  • brower47
    Options

I think she's not only good looking but rich too. B&$tch.

Yeah, that chandelier is in her closet. Mine is a bare lightbulb.

HOW DARE SHE PASS JUDGEMENT ON MY LESS GAUDY CLOSET!

HOW DARE SHE!
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Hey, I did notice how clean her house looked. Shoes all lined up, nothing on the floor? Gimme a break. :laugh:
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Twitter users call Eriksen and her washboard-abs "intimidating,"
    :laugh: I wouldn't say "intimidating," but, I could have predicted this type of reaction from people and wouldn't have posted something like that. That's like bragging about how much money you make.
  • pittbullgirl
    Options

SO MUCH THIS!!

Not this at all. If her selfie had been accompanied by a message saying, "Anyone who doesn't bounce back from pregnancy like me is a disgusting, slovenly, lazy piece of crap. She didn't. She just showed pride in her own accomplishment.

Her pride in herself is not her negative judgement on others.

I agree mostly agreeing with the "trend" portion of her statement. I'm hoping that it doesnt turn into a something that makes it shameful to look as if we birthed our children (stretchmarks, tired eyes, no energy to do anything etc)