Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in...for more MILFS!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    She only gained 24 lbs by following a very strict diet

And this. Our bodies need to be free to do what they do during pregnancy. The sad thing is, they found during WWII that a starving woman will produce a healthy baby. It's only when they are in their 30s that the heart problems start.

Totally agree with you. I happen to know that my friend cared more about what her body was going to look like after she had the baby, than that she give birth to a healthy baby. I never said anything to her about it, but it did make me sad at the time.

I also met a model who chose to give birth via a planned C section so she wouldn't have to get 'too big' and chose not to breast feed so her breasts could stay perky. She told me all of this in the waiting room of the obstetrician's office. She was rail thin and hanging onto a plump one month old baby. At first I was judgmental, but then I realized that she was protecting her career. Maybe it was her only source of income.

That's fine. It's her body, her baby and her choices. But a strict diet during pregnancy / planned preterm delivery isn't healthy for the mom or the baby and shouldn't be promoted as an ideal for maternity.

Did she say anything about what her diet or exercise routine were?

Planning for your upcoming pregnancy? :flowerforyou:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    This is not something to be jealous of, it is not as if a woman 4 days postpartum is allowed to diet or exercise. I didn't care what I looked like for about a month, I was more concerned about the ability to climb stairs to my bedroom.

The only issue that I have with this trend is that women are being shamed into trying to make their bodies look as if they had never had a child. That is so sad to me. I am proud of being able to do an amazing thing with my body. I do exercise and diet- but I never am ashamed of stretch-marks, or a little pouch up front, or the fact that my hips have gotten a tad wider.

Why is it so shameful to look as if you had birthed a child?

Why is it offensive to not look like you had a kid, even if you did?

Right? It's as if everyone is on trial for anything they do these days. All she did was take a photo of herself. I would do the same thing if I looked smoking hot 4 days after giving birth. And if I understand Instagram, people choose to follow her. They aren't forced. So this whole issue is pretty pointless and absurd.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

And this. Our bodies need to be free to do what they do during pregnancy. The sad thing is, they found during WWII that a starving woman will produce a healthy baby. It's only when they are in their 30s that the heart problems start.

Totally agree with you. I happen to know that my friend cared more about what her body was going to look like after she had the baby, than that she give birth to a healthy baby. I never said anything to her about it, but it did make me sad at the time.

I also met a model who chose to give birth via a planned C section so she wouldn't have to get 'too big' and chose not to breast feed so her breasts could stay perky. She told me all of this in the waiting room of the obstetrician's office. She was rail thin and hanging onto a plump one month old baby. At first I was judgmental, but then I realized that she was protecting her career. Maybe it was her only source of income.

That's fine. It's her body, her baby and her choices. But a strict diet during pregnancy / planned preterm delivery isn't healthy for the mom or the baby and shouldn't be promoted as an ideal for maternity.

I want to look just like her.

No, seriously. If people are going to criticize her diet or routine as being unhealthy, I would assume they know what her diet or routine are...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Some have hinted at it, but I don't think anyone has actually said it...

...so I will.

I'm predicting this is a fake. Oh, sure, it's a real pic, but I don't think this was 4 days postpartum.

There...I said it.

Seems physically impossible, just knowing how the body works and all. I wouldn't doubt that she could be 6 months postpartum (but 4 days).

This was my thinking.

And like I said, if it's legit, all the kudos to her...

...and she still looks good, however long since she had a baby.

I am glad somebody else questions if it was 4 days. Honestly, I wouldn't think twice if it said 4 weeks, but like, your uterus has to contract -- biologically speaking that takes weeks.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

No, seriously. If people are going to criticize her diet or routine as being unhealthy, I would assume they know what her diet or routine are...

I think they've all decided she's lying. I posted the link to her instagram, where you can literally see her entire pregnancy play out, down to the birth announcement, but I mean...I guess she planned this from the moment the little test said positive, and has been feeding her followers pictures/information 1-4 months behind when they were really taken, just so she could show off this amazing body and claim it was done in 4 days.

Because it's not like anyone in her native country, where the rage started, could have come forward with a 'Nah, she gave birth months ago' by now. Because in order to enact her plan, she's been in hiding since she gave birth Xamountoftimeago, so no one could tell she'd popped that little bun out.
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure anyone with a brain realizes it is unlikely you will look like that 4 days after delivery. It is silly to feel bad about yourself because, c'mon, that is not the norm! I do think the mom wars should stop. We should stop comparing ourselves to each other. She looks amazing, but most women will not look that good.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    "This whole situation has become ludicrous. The competition for women to give birth and then immediately remove any trace from their their bodies that they ever carried a child is OBSCENE."

What I find obscene and ludicrous is that it seems to have become ok to blame body issues on having children. I do agree that genetics have a role in what the body will do after birth. However, given that the woman is fit in the first place, it makes sense that she probably continued to eat healthy, not giving in to every craving, and that she continued to exercise. For my first, I carried very small and no one could tell that I had given birth just days after. In fact, I wore my pre-pregnancy clothes home form the hospital. It wasn't until my second child that I had struggles. That wasn't anyone's fault but my own. I became lazy and I did give in to cravings. I stopped working out, and took a walk only once in a while towards the end of pregnancy. If I had kept up with myself and healthier eating habits, who knows, I may have had that bounce back body right away.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I think they've all decided she's lying. I posted the link to her instagram, where you can literally see her entire pregnancy play out, down to the birth announcement, but I mean...I guess she planned this from the moment the little test said positive, and has been feeding her followers pictures/information 1-4 months behind when they were really taken, just so she could show off this amazing body and claim it was done in 4 days.

Because it's not like anyone in her native country, where the rage started, could have come forward with a 'Nah, she gave birth months ago' by now. Because in order to enact her plan, she's been in hiding since she gave birth Xamountoftimeago, so no one could tell she'd popped that little bun out.

Alternatively...

...it's an older pic...

...but I like your conspiracy theory approach much better.

:flowerforyou:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

...so I will.

I'm predicting this is a fake. Oh, sure, it's a real pic, but I don't think this was 4 days postpartum.

There...I said it.

Seems physically impossible, just knowing how the body works and all. I wouldn't doubt that she could be 6 months postpartum (but 4 days).

This was my thinking.

And like I said, if it's legit, all the kudos to her...

...and she still looks good, however long since she had a baby.

I am glad somebody else questions if it was 4 days. Honestly, I wouldn't think twice if it said 4 weeks, but like, your uterus has to contract -- biologically speaking that takes weeks.

Yeah. And you're right, it could be a few weeks. I don't know why I said 6 months, I think I was just thinking in terms of the time that is generally given for a new weight lifting program, but that is not applicable to all people (depending on the starting point).
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

I almost peed from laughing when I read this.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Alternatively...

...it's an older pic...

Well, considering how her abs looked before and how they look in the picture in question (With that clear bit of skin/pooch) I'm going to say 'nope'

Normally I would say lolnope, but I like you. :happy:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    She should thank her plastic surgeon for the flat tummy... but for the boobs, not so much.
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I personally doubt that this is only 4 days after giving birth, with that being said, who cares. If she wanted to post a picture on her Instagram account then that is her decision. The fact that this has become Yahoo news is pretty ridiculous. Aren't there more important things going on in the world? lol
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I would like to know what she did for exercise and diet and if it was healthy or not. I dont think her results are typical but that does not mean that she did anything wrong.
  • robin68562
    robin68562 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    While I think it's fine if you can look like that 4 days after giving birth --- God bless her, I never did --- I think it was mean spirited of Maria Kang (I think) to post a picture of herself with her three kids captioned, 'What's your excuse?'
    I never looked like that BEFORE giving birth --- Not even before the first time. I agree with some of the posts that although those women had to have worked out to look like that, there are some of us, no matter how much we diet and exercise, are never going to have bodies like that. We just don't have the genetics for it and we shouldn't be looked down on for that.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm not really following the thread, but we are saying that this pic could have been taken 4 weeks after birth, not 4 days. That would not take a ton of work to delay it that way. If it is 4 days, wow. But, we are just saying that there are biological processes of the uterus needing to shrink (it has nothing to do with fitness level).
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Alternatively...

...it's an older pic...

Well, considering how her abs looked before and how they look in the picture in question (With that clear bit of skin/pooch) I'm going to say 'nope'

Normally I would say lolnope, but I like you. :happy:

LOLwhatever
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    What I hate about all of these moms under attack is the fact that people think they are not allowed to be sexy because they are mothers.
    I am a mother of 6. I gave up my life to raise them and be there for them. I have spent 14 years of my life home raising babies and I have felt only like a mother and a wife. I felt ugly, and like I didn't exist.
    Being a mother is ridiculously hard and many women lose their identity. I think it's awesome that these women have taken the time to do something for themselves, to reclaim themselves and look fantastic and show it.
    People need to shut the eff up and mind their own damn business.

I agree!

Really, looking good after having a baby is wrong and posting pictures of yourself is "hate speech".....? FFS. :noway:

As for women being thin after giving birth and whether that's healthy for her.... in the hunter-gatherer tribes I studied at uni, the women were very thin (similar to this woman) soon after giving birth and while breastfeeding (which they did for 4-5 years for each child). They were heatlhy and lived to old age, and in many cases were more healthy than westerners, and their infant and childbirth mortality rates were low, considering they had no access to modern medicine (compare that to the high rates of intervention in childbirth in the west). In fact it's the good health of modern hunter-gatherers that inspired the paleo diet. It is ridiculous to say that being thin soon after giving birth is unhealthy. I agree that women shouldn't be under pressure to look like a victoria secret's model right after giving birth because the focus should be on her health and the baby's health, however that doesn't automatically mean women who do have starved themselves or harmed themselves or their babies in the process.

Some of it is genetics. Some of it is lifestyle. Some of it is luck. Maybe everyone should switch to a diet of impala and mongongo nuts :laugh: no wait, that line of thinking led to the paleo diet...... (actually it's more likely to be the amount of walking the hunter-gatherer women did than what they ate which kept them lean. Being physically fit also reduces the risk of complications during birth. The traditional advice in the west for pregnant women to rest and not do anything physically demanding IMO is wrong. Unless there's a specific medical issue or complication, pregnant women should exercise. There are certain specific exercises to avoid but actually nearly all exercise is safe in an uncomplicated pregnancy and exercise can reduce the risk of some complications. Additionally, the advice from health professionals is not to start a new exercise routine in pregnancy, but to continue the old one, albeit giving yourself allowances for being pregnant (i.e. expect slower running times, to tire more quickly etc). So ideally, women should be physically fit and active before getting pregnant, and continue with their exercise routine while pregnant, so long as there are no medical issues that make that inadvisable).
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

...so I will.

There...I said it.

Well, she's go the poochie belly. I have a friend who had her first when she was in her late 20's. She was tiny to begin with (watched what she ate, swam and ran). She only gained 24 lbs by following a very strict diet and swimming a mile every day. She was very proud to be able to wear her skinny jeans home from the hospital.

I dunno, I suspect this woman went to a lot of trouble to look like this. Obviously it was important to her, hence the selfies in lingerie. *shrug* She looks great! When I was pregnant, I had complications and went into labor 1 month early. Then they had to induce with pitoncin which causes ugly water retention. :noway: I looked like a train wreck when I got home. LOL Plus, I had always been skinny, so I enjoyed eating a lot while I was pregnant. We all have our priorities! :drinker:

Going home in skinny jeans? Yeah, that's totally believable...but this much skin? Oh, sure, it may be legit...it's just that I seriously doubt it...which means if it's true, then that's even more kudos for her, because she has done what seems unbelievable to me.

ETA: Fortunately, I'm a guy making these comments. If I was a woman saying these things, I'd be lit up for daring to question the legitimacy of her pic...and would obviously be because I'm jealous. :drinker:

I know, right? Totally unfair!