Another Mom under fire for post baby selfie.

Options

Replies

• mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Baby must hold the camera for a selfie. Advanced Norwegian genetics make this possible.
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    Options
    WTF I thought I was going to see a picture of a baby... Crap I love babies.... I thought she posted a baby selfie.. This is BS I say!!!!:grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love it!
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hein42_zps72aef3a1.gif
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    36 weeks?

254075804dd611e39c4c125921b75990_8.jpg
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Baby must hold the camera for a selfie. Advanced Norwegian genetics make this possible.

Do they sell these advanced Norwegian genetics in a liquid or supplement perhaps? I'm a get me some of them...
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Post-18906-ferris-bueller-go-home-gif-fvin.gif
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    that was a joke. I am a 5'5" kinda fat norwegian, clearly I do not mean that my body is superior to anyone else's because it's norwegian. or do I?

Granted that it was one Hayley, jokes have a way of working themselves into real life, cementing a jest as fact. Slippery slope.

Having Norwegian extraction can be a curse today. The expectations some have upon hearing "Oh she's Norwegian, she's part-Norwegian." They want to see over 5ft 8, light blonde hair, pale rose complexioned light white skin, above normal length legs and trim built; Defy averages. Some have the mind thought: Those women can not but you can ~ you're Norwegian. Not okay, hence my reactive response, as a black of Norwegian extraction.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options

In...

...for part 2.

Nice rolling on a thread that'll most likely never die. Cheers! :drinker:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Do they sell these advanced Norwegian genetics in a liquid or supplement perhaps? I'm a get me some of them...

I can imagine a bunch of Norwegian men would be able to satisfy your needs.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    It rolled!
    For those who missed the gist of part one:
    Fit looking lady gives birth. Looks amazing throughout pregnancy, small bump etc, then posts a picture of herself looking slim and sexy only 4 days after the Big Event.
    Questions raised were: could this be a fake? Why does she not have mattress-sized sanitary towels between her legs? Is she trying to establish a standard for new mums everywhere? Do men have a right to comment on this topic even though they have no uterus?
    All these issues have been more or less resolved in the previous 20 pages.
    If I missed any, feel free to add to this peeps.
  • midwestmixtape
    midwestmixtape Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If I recall correctly, most mothers who gain a lot of weight gain it without actually needing to. You don't have to eat that many extra calories to "maintain" your lean body mass + provide for baby. Even if you gain 10 pounds of fat, after a few months, you can be back to where you were.

What isn't mentioned is that these moms are educated and aware about their body and health BEFORE and AFTER the baby.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    If I recall correctly, most mothers who gain a lot of weight gain it without actually needing to. You don't have to eat that many extra calories to "maintain" your lean body mass + provide for baby. Even if you gain 10 pounds of fat, after a few months, you can be back to where you were.

What isn't mentioned is that these moms are educated and aware about their body and health BEFORE and AFTER the baby.
    Pretty much. As someone mentioned earlier a lot of them women wondering how she could possibly look like that at 4 day when they didn't (not specifically talking just MFP here) probably didn't look like that before getting pregnant, so why would they suddenly look like it after birth. She has obviously been looking after herself for a long time.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Let's just make sure we get Part 2 off on the right track.

We're all in agreement here that BinaryPulsar is big mean, meanie, mcmeanerstien, right? That was the entire point of Part 1, no? I mean, she couldn't even go back and look at 2 years worth of some total stranger's instagram posts!!!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    To the person saying women shouldn't need to gain more than 10-15lbs here's a breakdown (averages):

At birth, a baby weighs about 3.3kg (7.3lb).
    The placenta, which keeps your baby nourished, weighs 0.7kg (1.5lb).
    The muscle layer of your uterus (womb) grows dramatically and weighs an extra 0.9kg (2lb).
    Your blood volume increases and weighs an extra 1.2kg (2.6lb).
    You have extra fluid in your body weighing about 1.2kg (2.6lb).
    Your breasts weigh an extra 0.4kg (0.9lb).
    You'll store fat, about 4kg (8.8lb), to give you energy for breastfeeding.

http://www.babycenter.ca/a554810/weight-gain-in-pregnancy#ixzz2mSF7EnFD
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Lmao
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    10/10
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Well there was some confusion about intentions in the thread, but in case I didn't say it I am actually generally of the opinion that I like when fit moms show their pics because it helps to break down the stereotypes people have about motherhood. I don't mean this as a societal thing (that became an issue in the past thread as well), I just mean from my own personal reasons.

But, also because people generally show a,lack of understanding about pregnancy I just want to add in that the weight gain of pregnancy is not just for a 5-10 pound baby. There is also enlarged uterus, amniotic fluid, Placenta, Increased blood volume for the mother, breast enlargement, some fat gain (even just 5 pounds) for breastfeeding, and temporary fluid retention. This is just in reference to during the pregnancy (not after).
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

We're all in agreement here that BinaryPulsar is big mean, meanie, mcmeanerstien, right? That was the entire point of Part 1, no? I mean, she couldn't even go back and look at 2 years worth of some total stranger's instagram posts!!!

Meanest person on MFP, not one balanced, friendly or measured post. Evar!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    To the person saying women shouldn't need to gain more than 10-15lbs here's a breakdown (averages):

At birth, a baby weighs about 3.3kg (7.3lb).
    The placenta, which keeps your baby nourished, weighs 0.7kg (1.5lb).
    The muscle layer of your uterus (womb) grows dramatically and weighs an extra 0.9kg (2lb).
    Your blood volume increases and weighs an extra 1.2kg (2.6lb).
    You have extra fluid in your body weighing about 1.2kg (2.6lb).
    Your breasts weigh an extra 0.4kg (0.9lb).
    You'll store fat, about 4kg (8.8lb), to give you energy for breastfeeding.

http://www.babycenter.ca/a554810/weight-gain-in-pregnancy#ixzz2mSF7EnFD

Averages smaverages. She's not average. I think that's the point.